Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

10 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Celtics defensive plan is to let Crowder shoot...they know him well.

I turned it off. Will watch Golden State later be their perfect awesome selves instead. lmao Nothing bad will happen to them, nothing bad happens to the Golden Ones. They will  get minor knee injuries and stuff etc. but they won't die like Gordon Hayward on the court live.

Sports is great lately. My second favorite QB broke his collarbone. The Patriots get more ref help then ever before. Luck is still MIA and the Colts lost to a one legged Mariota on MNF. (fire Pagano NOW)

And tonight Gordon Hayward goes down in his first quarter as a Celtic. I still love me some Lebron but I can't get into him tonight. He is supposed to have a bad ankle too.

Wade in a Cavs uniform also looks like all kinds of odd I thought. 

Just now, Jules said:

Sports is great lately. My second favorite QB broke his collarbone. The Patriots get more ref help then ever before. Luck is still MIA and the Colts lost to a one legged Mariota on MNF. (fire Pagano NOW)

And tonight Gordon Hayward goes down in his first quarter as a Celtic. I still love me some Lebron but I can't get into him tonight. He is supposed to have a bad ankle too.

Wade in a Cavs uniform also looks like all kinds of odd I thought. 

Tiger Pride

Irish Pride

Wildcat Pride

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Props to the Cavs players

They aren't bad guys at all, truly. I follow them a lot and they are not a bad bunch outside of a few who I think smoke too much pot.

Kevin Love I hope stays healthy now since he is one who has had a bad past.

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Jae Crowder and his former team don't get along...

....2nd technical on Boston

Something odd with Crowder, he never seemed to get along fully with some of those Celtics. I am not watching but reading about this and how he and a few don't get along. 

Some claim they think Crowder undercut Gordon on the injury play but I don't recall seeing that happen. I think people are getting paranoid now and want someone to blame out of anger and despair.

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Celtics will be OK..Jaylen Brown looks good.

....But if Hayward misses the entire year......there's no guarantee Boston even makes the playoffs

In the east? I think they should be okay if Kyrie can hit a groove and ball out when he adjusts to the system and gets the memory of Gordon out of his head. Still got Horford and a ton of young talent in Boston.

Problem is without Hayward it's no longer a championship team, it's a painfully YOUNG team now with a few veterans. I mean now Al Horford is the old freaking man on the team. Kyrie is still like only 25 himself. They were going to depend heavily on Hayward to help anchor and lead this ship.

Checked the score online and it's a tied game. Shockingly Boston is fighting hard.........

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

....But if Hayward misses the entire year......there's no guarantee Boston even makes the playoffs

Well the dust has not settled on his injury yet. 

Some "online experts" say it's an ankle break and he might be back in 5 months but I can't say I would count on that lol It looked so bad I would hope he is back for next year since rehab would be needed too.

I just hope it's not career threatening, have to wait and see what the official word is tomorrow and the next day. I swear I heard a snap and his leg or ankle went in the wrong direction.

Just a horrible thing to see to kick off the NBA season too, I mean wow.........

How in the world did the Celtics almost win this game? OMG. I watched the 4th since it was close. Hard to beat vets like Lebron and Love though when they hit the clutch shots in the end. But the Celtics young talent DOES look very very good but inconsistent in spurts. Problem is the Celtics lack size again. Even with Hayward they needed another big body. 

Nice to see Boston fight like this though on a night it all looked doomed. IMO if they had Hayward for the whole game they win tonight. Kyrie picked it up later and still seems close to the guys on the Cavs but he and Lebron had the quickest ending when it was over. 

Kyrie even GUARDED Lebron once. lmao 

It's amazing, I watch the Cavs blow all these big leads alllll the time. And I see them all the time in the East often look so big and intimidating in size and strength, but once they go play the Warriors they crumble and can't keep up with that skilled poised better coached powerhouse.

They showed poor Gordon leaving on a stretcher looking sad and disoriented. They are flying him to Boston tonight so I assume we will hear more in the next day or two on his prognosis.

Well Brad Stevens is going to have to cook something else up again for this season, he has worked wonders before.......

53 minutes ago, Jules said:

Well the dust has not settled on his injury yet. 

Some "online experts" say it's an ankle break and he might be back in 5 months but I can't say I would count on that lol It looked so bad I would hope he is back for next year since rehab would be needed too.

I just hope it's not career threatening, have to wait and see what the official word is tomorrow and the next day. I swear I heard a snap and his leg or ankle went in the wrong direction.

Just a horrible thing to see to kick off the NBA season too, I mean wow.........

Sounds so much like Paul George.  Remember how he missed almost 6 months and tried to come back with 6 games left.?

I don't think a broken ankle (if that's all it is) can be career threatening. ..if that's all it is

I bet Paul George gives him a call. I think they know each other.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Sounds so much like Paul George.  Remember how he missed almost 6 months and tried to come back with 6 games left.?

I don't think a broken ankle (if that's all it is) can be career threatening. ..if that's all it is

I bet Paul George gives him a call. I think they know each other.

I read Brad Stevens said they think it's a dislocated ankle and broken tibula. 

And also that early reports are optimistic it's a clean break and there is no ligament or blood vessel damage to complicate it.

Its Tibia/Ankle.

PG was Fibula but Hayward's was worse to me its like OBJ and PG13s injuries combined.

Its a long road to recovery PG got hurt in August so we saw him at the end of the season we aren't seeing Hawyard until next season at the earliest.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CF4L said:

Its Tibia/Ankle.

PG was Fibula but Hayward's was worse to me its like OBJ and PG13s injuries combined.

Its a long road to recovery PG got hurt in August so we saw him at the end of the season we aren't seeing Hawyard until next season at the earliest.

Okay thanks, I didn't even spell it right. lmao 

Yeah this sucks. I think we will hear more in the next day or two but this did look worse to me then what I have seen in a long long long time.

Never thought I would say this, but I am actually hoping the Lakers and Lonzo Ball become good again. It would seriously cheer me up even at this point with all these sports injuries to see LaVar Ball even going "I told you, I TOLD YOU ALL Lonzo was the best."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jules said:

Never thought I would say this, but I am actually hoping the Lakers and Lonzo Ball become good again. It would seriously cheer me up even at this point with all these sports injuries to see LaVar Ball even going "I told you, I TOLD YOU ALL Lonzo was the best."

I would be sick if that happened 

2 minutes ago, Jules said:

I like the Lakers. Lonzo will be good but Magic needs 1 more year to work his magic lol

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Prepare to puke lmao because Lonzo is going to be good, probably great but the Lakers wont do much this season.

LaVar promised the Lakers would sneak into the playoffs. So 7th to 8th seed is expected.

The reason I don't mind this is since it might honestly be comic relief to see the Ball family go nuts. I used to always bandwagon the Lakers.

Problem is I do not love this idea of Lebron on the Lakers, feels odd to me. It's Kobe's team. And Kobe will always be my ultimate, people who think I fan girled Lebron ain't never seen me go off on Kobe in the day. I even have a Kobe jersey and had a Kobe poster. I even cried during Kobe's last game.

Paul George is one thing since he is from L.A., but Lebron going to the Lakers would feel odd and then he would get nonstop "but Kobe has more rings and it's his team" stuff.

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

It is not Lonzo but his Dad that rubs me wrong; goes against everything I was taught as a teacher and coach

Boston could use Lonzo's dad now for some beef out there on the court.

BTW either the Celtics are too young (without Hayward and just Horford being older) or the Cavs are OLD. I felt like it was a bunch of dads out there tonight playing against their sons in the 4th quarter. And at key times I seen Horford kinda tell guys what to do.

And Crowder........Jesus Christ. Why do he and the Celtics plays hate each other so much? Crowder seems kinda like a jerk at times if you ask me. He just has one of those "I am a jerk" faces. Good gritty player but my goodness........

God, basketball is such a soap opera.

Just now, Jules said:

LaVar promised the Lakers would sneak into the playoffs. So 7th to 8th seed is expected.

The reason I don't mind this is since it might honestly be comic relief to see the Ball family go nuts. I used to always bandwagon the Lakers.

Problem is I do not love this idea of Lebron on the Lakers, feels odd to me. It's Kobe's team. And Kobe will always be my ultimate, people who think I fan girled Lebron ain't never seen me go off on Kobe in the day. I even have a Kobe jersey and had a Kobe poster. I even cried during Kobe's last game.

Paul George is one thing since he is from L.A., but Lebron going to the Lakers would feel odd and then he would get nonstop "but Kobe has more rings and it's his team" stuff.

I was always a Bird Man

Just now, Jules said:

BTW either the Celtics are too young (without Hayward and just Horford being older) or the Cavs are OLD. I felt like it was a bunch of dads out there tonight playing against their sons in the 4th quarter. And at key times I seen Horford kinda tell guys what to do.

And Crowder........Jesus Christ. Why do he and the Celtics plays hate each other so much? Crowder seems kinda like a jerk at times if you ask me. He just has one of those "I am a jerk" faces. Good gritty player but my goodness........

The league officials love the Soap Opera-One reason I follow NFL, NHL, MLB, NCAA sports and HS sports better

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

I was always a Bird Man

Black Mamba gal here alllll the way.

The only thing I hated was online for years I ran into the "Kobe Kids". That was the rabid Kobe fanbase who went after everyone as if they were paid to stick up for Kobe and promote Kobe on forums and in video comments. Spurs fans nicknamed them "Kobe Kids" many years ago back in like 2006 or 2007.

There was an old general NBA forum I used to visit from time to time that was full of western conference fans and they fought nonstop. It's closed now.

Now it's "Lonzo Lovers" who spam youtube video comments with LONZO IS THE BEST and EVERYONE ELSE SUCKS.

Gotta love the Lakers fanbase. lmao 

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

The LR is not big enough for the enitire crew

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

Yeah I think LeBron should stay in Cleveland - he has his buddy Wade now too, all of this moving around gets old. I was a fan of Shaq but once he started switching teams I didn't like it. Lakers could very well go .500 but not sure that gets them in the Playoffs.

Just now, Jules said:

Black Mamba gal here alllll the way.

The only thing I hated was online for years I ran into the "Kobe Kids". That was the rabid Kobe fanbase who went after everyone as if they were paid to stick up for Kobe and promote Kobe on forums and in video comments. Spurs fans nicknamed them "Kobe Kids" many years ago back in like 2006 or 2007.

There was an old general NBA forum I used to visit from time to time that was full of western conference fans and they fought nonstop. It's closed now.

Now it's "Lonzo Lovers" who spam youtube video comments with LONZO IS THE BEST and EVERYONE ELSE SUCKS.

Gotta love the Lakers fanbase. lmao 

Bird grew up about 2 Hours from Princeton, His HS coach was at PCHS when I was little and my Aunt was at ISU at the same time

6 minutes ago, Jules said:

They could even put me out there with that old stuff lmao 

Gordon Hayward is a Bird man too from Indiana. Sigh. He so wanted to be in a Celtics uniform..........

Gordon Hayward also finds Tom Brady irritating and loves the Colts.

The good ones always go down.

I can't help it though. I often pick the polarizing NBA stars like Kobe and Lebron to get into. lmao But yes Kobe will always be my #1 personal favorite. I feel like I grew up with that man. lmao 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They could even put me out there with that old stuff lmao 

It's D Wade. He instantly aged the Cavs. 

And Kyle Korver is getting old. A few of them are, Lebron is no spring chicken anymore either.

Kyrie looks like a KID. Maybe he felt like a kid on the Cavs, no idea.........Lebron used to say "my little brother" too often.