Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

Prior to last night, I thought the Suns would just barely miss the playoffs with all that talent. I didnt account for just how terrible their coach is. It's almost not fair with Tank Commander Earl Watson leading the way. No way we get Lakers picks now, looks like the Celtics will have the Laker's picks.

I had low expectations for the two New York teams and they still managed to under perform.

Without Hayward, I think Wall and his Wizards are now the second best team in the East.

A lot of people on this board are sleeping on the Spurs. Theyre still the second best in the West.

Looking forward to seeing the Sixers play Boston tomorrow night and the Lebron vs Greek Freak match up this weekend

11 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Let me try again..

Is it better to be playing games in the 120s and 130s or in the 90s

Seriously

Defense is more important to me. Defense/effort is something you can hang your hat on. Its something that you can be consistent with and even if your having a bad shooting game you can clamp down and make it difficult on the other team. I just feel like defense is something that if you are good at it and you make it a priority that it can get you through stretches and keep you in the game until your scoring gets back on track. When you just try to outscore the other team...typically you run against just a better team...we don't have the best players in the league...its clear. Against a Cleveland or OKC, Houston, GS, and the elite talented teams...we aren't going to outscore them..we aren't going to out skill them....so to offset the difference we need to muck it up...be physical and out tough out work them. So defense is more important.

109-103   45 seconds to go..

WE don't have the 3-point shooters to play the way we want. Not yet.

Bogdanovic hanst done much. Lance isn't any better  shooting the 3;

....and our guys don't naturally spot-up at the 3 line which clogs the lane

Edited by oldunclemark

22 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

They hustle...112-108 final..

...We need to shoot the long ball better to play the way we want..

...but that may come with Leaf and Bogdonavic. 

Didnt see last night but this  was much better, right?

There is a big hole at the 3. We should have been able to do better than Wilkins. I don't understand the thought process on keeping him and now playing him. What does he bring to the table? He's never been much of a 3pt threat.

That's a big hole and GR3 won't be back for a minute. It will be interesting to see what the plan is there. 

14 minutes ago, akcolt said:

There is a big hole at the 3. We should have been able to do better than Wilkins. I don't understand the thought process on keeping him and now playing him. What does he bring to the table? He's never been much of a 3pt threat.

That's a big hole and GR3 won't be back for a minute. It will be interesting to see what the plan is there. 

Bogdonavic will fill that...once he starts hitting the '3'

But our guys don't spot up for the 3.....Collison and Lance and Victor ..they all want to drive to the hole...

We have drive-and-kick guys with no one to kick it too, yet. Everybody's inside the circle

I think its correctable.....

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pacers aren't that good, I have already faced the music on that one. The Cavs are getting destroyed by Orlando 84-60 and everyone is playing the Cavs.

I think they are pretty good when you remember this is a whole new team. They play with heart and are unselfish with the ball and each other. Great energy makes them fun to watch and they will get better with time. It's hard to judge with only 3 games played especially with our best player not on the court.

Being in the east they will be competitive all year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

I think they are pretty good when you remember this is a whole new team. They play with heart and are unselfish with the ball and each other. Great energy makes them fun to watch and they will get better with time. It's hard to judge with only 3 games played especially with our best player not on the court.

Being in the east they will be competitive all year.

I wont give up too early but usually if you don't have a Star you don't do much in the Playoffs.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wont give up too early but usually if you don't have a Star you don't do much in the Playoffs.

Yup. Though Oladipo is playing some pretty good ball, this team not having a big star hurts it. You almost have to have one or two to be a great team.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

2 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Yup. Though Oladipo is playing some pretty good ball, this team not having a big star hurts it. You almost have to have one or two to be a great team.

Even though he is young neither one of you think Turner is not a star? 

I see a star in the making.

• Thanks 1