Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

4 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Oladipo has 21 at halftime. Nice 

Yeah and it's not like he pulls a Granger shooting 9/28 either haha .  He takes good quality shots, takes it to the paint, dunks it, lays it in and more.  The guy just flat out does everything while still playing defense, rebounding, getting some asst and steals.  For him to come in and play at that level is great.  I just hope he keeps it up and even gets better. 

• Like 1

Welp, heck of a game for Victor.  Collison and Thad also played well, that's about it lol.  Everyone else took a dump but I didn't expect them to win this one.  At least it was semi competitive and Turner probably would've helped a lot.  Still 3:21 left to perform a miracle.  I still already like this team better than last years team.  

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I thought you said you wasn't trying to be negative? That is all you have been with your every comment.

I think you mistake Negativity with Reality. It's funny in the 2.5 years I have been here I have probably been the most Positive Poster in here regarding the Pacers and Colts. Now that I say I don't think we will be any good because we don't have a SuperStar, you say I am Negative. Go back and read my Posts and nothing I said was Negative, it's REALITY. I have been a Pacer fan since the 70's so cool down please. I will still watch but I seriously doubt we will win a Playoff series if we even make it. How is that being Negative? It's my opinion, I would even bet you we don't. Of course you will come back and say this Negative, no it's my opinion and I will probably be right.

WOW. Huge win tonight for the young Lakers in OT against the Wizards. Fun game. I was watching this most of the night over the world series.

Gotta admit, I may have been very very wrong on Lonzo Ball. I let his dad over shadow things for me. He does not always score but he is the opposite of ball hog and the offensive movement on that team impresses the heck out of me.

Lonzo even played some defense tonight.

I admit I am really enjoying watching the development of Lonzo Ball early on and also Jayson Tatum in Boston who might be the smoothest rookie out there.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think you mistake Negativity with Reality. It's funny in the 2.5 years I have been here I have probably been the most Positive Poster in here regarding the Pacers and Colts. Now that I say I don't think we will be any good because we don't have a SuperStar, you say I am Negative. Go back and read my Posts and nothing I said was Negative, it's REALITY. I have been a Pacer fan since the 70's so cool down please. I will still watch but I seriously doubt we will win a Playoff series if we even make it. How is that being Negative? It's my opinion, I would even bet you we don't. Of course you will come back and say this Negative, no it's my opinion and I will probably be right.

Your negativity comes with every statement you make you end it with their are not going to do nothing.

We all know that so it's not necessary to remind us with every single comment you make. Is it possible just to have a back and forth and take it for what it is?

As far as being a Pacer fan I don't know if you or me have been one longer but it don't make any difference. I attended my first Pacer game in 1967 before Slick was their coach. Larry Staverman was their coach then. My best friend lived next door and his father was a photographer for the Star-News newspaper. He had polio so my friend and me would attend all the Pacer games and help him set up his equipment. I was there in person pretty much every home game at the Fairgrounds from 1967 to 1973. I had so many jerseys and lots of cool stuff from those games but lost it all in a house fire at my Mom's house in 1980.

Look, we may not have a present 'star' but we may have a couple of future starts in Turner and Oladipo in the works. This team plays as a team and not one player plays selfish. They hustle and play hard. They are fun to watch and could make some noise with a couple of good moves.

It's not a point if your right but why not just sit back and enjoy basketball played the way it's suppose to be played? After what we have seen over the last few years it's refreshing to see a team play the way they do. This is Indiana basketball played the old fashion way without a me-me attitude.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jules said:

WOW. Huge win tonight for the young Lakers in OT against the Wizards. Fun game. I was watching this most of the night over the world series.

Gotta admit, I may have been very very wrong on Lonzo Ball. I let his dad over shadow things for me. He does not always score but he is the opposite of ball hog and the offensive movement on that team impresses the heck out of me.

I admit I am really enjoying watching the development of Lonzo Ball early on and also Jayson Tatum in Boston who might be the smoothest rookie out there.

The World Series game was one great game. Series tied up now.

I agree with what you said about Lonzo but I sure wish his Dad would get a lifetime bout of laryngitis.

26 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

The World Series game was one great game. Series tied up now.

I agree with what you said about Lonzo but I sure wish his Dad would get a lifetime bout of laryngitis.

I am neutral on the teams in the World Series but I follow it loosely. Have been hoping for the Dodgers (I have a weakness for Dodgers/Lakers from time to time) but am OK if the Astros do it too.

With the Ball family yeah too much banter but John Wall needs to shut up too. He promised to torture Lonzo Ball tonight but didn't.

Although I did kinda expect this, due to LaVar Ball I knew many players would say they want to go after Lonzo.

2 minutes ago, Jules said:

I am neutral on the teams in the World Series but I follow it loosely. Have been hoping for the Dodgers (I have a weakness for Dodgers/Lakers from time to time) but am OK if the Astros do it too.

With the Ball family yeah too much banter but John Wall needs to shut up too. He promised to torture Lonzo Ball tonight but didn't.

Although I did kinda expect this, due to LaVar Ball I knew many players would say they want to go after Lonzo.

I hear ya on being neutral on the World Series. I follow the Cubs and the Reds but do like watching the World Series. I wouldn't mind the Astros winning just because they never have won one. I kinda root for the under dogs in these deals.

2 hours ago, Jules said:

Yeah that was a great win by the Lakers. Lonzo is capable of getting a TDB on any given night. He only had 6 Points tonight but had 10 Assists and 8 Rebounds. He makes everyone else around him better. I seen the sad emoticon but damn I cant even have one simple opinion on here in saying I don't think the Pacers will do anything and I get freakin blasted. I have been positive on here 99% of the time since I joined this Site and as soon as I say 1 thing that someone doesn't agree with, I get labeled as Negative. That is a pile of nonsense.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Your negativity comes with every statement you make you end it with their are not going to do nothing.

We all know that so it's not necessary to remind us with every single comment you make. Is it possible just to have a back and forth and take it for what it is?

As far as being a Pacer fan I don't know if you or me have been one longer but it don't make any difference. I attended my first Pacer game in 1967 before Slick was their coach. Larry Staverman was their coach then. My best friend lived next door and his father was a photographer for the Star-News newspaper. He had polio so my friend and me would attend all the Pacer games and help him set up his equipment. I was there in person pretty much every home game at the Fairgrounds from 1967 to 1973. I had so many jerseys and lots of cool stuff from those games but lost it all in a house fire at my Mom's house in 1980.

Look, we may not have a present 'star' but we may have a couple of future starts in Turner and Oladipo in the works. This team plays as a team and not one player plays selfish. They hustle and play hard. They are fun to watch and could make some noise with a couple of good moves.

It's not a point if your right but why not just sit back and enjoy basketball played the way it's suppose to be played? After what we have seen over the last few years it's refreshing to see a team play the way they do. This is Indiana basketball played the old fashion way without a me-me attitude.

You have been a Pacer fan longer than me but I have been one for basically 40 years. Look I hope we do well, I was just stating my opinion on how I think we will do is all I was doing. Should I just get on here and say, yeah we will win 50 games and win a Playoff series if I don't really believe that. No big deal really, just giving my opinion. If I said the Colts stink right now would you consider that Negative? Just wondering because we do without Andrew. I mean man I keep it real.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You have been a Pacer fan longer than me but I have been one for basically 40 years. Look I hope we do well, I was just stating my opinion on how I think we will do is all I was doing. Should I just get on here and say, yeah we will win 50 games and win a Playoff series if I don't really believe that. No big deal really, just giving my opinion. If I said the Colts stink right now would you consider that Negative? Just wondering because we do without Andrew. I mean man I keep it real.

Nobody is expecting you to say anything. If you go back and reread your comments you end all of them telling everyone the Pacers aint going to win nothing. Even in one comment you said I am not trying to be negative and then turned right around and turn negative. Then you call it being real. OK, we all know there will be no banner this year. Is that something new?  Is that something you feel the need to remind us from every post you make? Normally you bring something better to the table than what this is reading.

At least the Pacers are playing competitive and that is something we haven't seen out of the Colts lately.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Nobody is expecting you to say anything. If you go back and reread your comments you end all of them telling everyone the Pacers aint going to win nothing. Even in one comment you said I am not trying to be negative and then turned right around and turn negative. Then you call it being real. OK, we all know there will be no banner this year. Is that something new?  Is that something you feel the need to remind us from every post you make? Normally you bring something better to the table than what this is reading.

At least the Pacers are playing competitive and that is something we haven't seen out of the Colts lately.  

Fair enough, maybe I was going a bit overboard saying the Pacers wont be any good so I see your side of it. I'll just have to have patience with this team and see what happens.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Fair enough, maybe I was going a bit overboard saying the Pacers wont be any good so I see your side of it. I'll just have to have patience with this team and see what happens.

Great! I am looking forward to your outlooks and opinions as I normally do.

• Like 1

Celtics looked pretty good tonight on the road vs. a good team with the Greek Freak buzz. I have to keep trying not to think "what if" in terms of Hayward. Since I swear, with Hayward this team could win the east.........omg it kills me at times. He is that missing X factor.

But if the Celtics can do better then expected this year I hope they can consider finally giving Brad Stevens coach of the year, since he deserves it. Kryie is starting to look more comfortable now too. And I feel this year Al Horford has stepped it up in a leadership role.

In the meantime in Cavs land IMO they desperately have to hope IT can come back sometime this year healthy. Wade is up and down and missed a game. Rose is hurt (shocker). They can't seem to decide on a starting lineup and they lost to the freaking Nets. And Lebron is getting topsy turvy but he is still great. Turnovers are killing the Cavs though and I wish they could just keep Kevin Love in the same role he used to have. I noticed they rely sometimes on Korver getting hot again.

Still the Cavs will be the faves in the east yet again by year end unless Gordon Hayward can make a miraculous return.

The Wizards should be there in the end too, but something mentally about this team and their coaching often makes me hesitate.

One fun thing about the Celtics is with Gordon Hayward out the pressure is kinda off of them now so they can let the youth develop and just play ball..

19 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah that was a great win by the Lakers. Lonzo is capable of getting a TDB on any given night. He only had 6 Points tonight but had 10 Assists and 8 Rebounds. He makes everyone else around him better. I seen the sad emoticon but damn I cant even have one simple opinion on here in saying I don't think the Pacers will do anything and I get freakin blasted. I have been positive on here 99% of the time since I joined this Site and as soon as I say 1 thing that someone doesn't agree with, I get labeled as Negative. That is a pile of nonsense.

You have always been a pretty positive poster. Even last year I remember you had the Pacers losing to the Cavs in 6 over a sweep or 5. 

This year it's still too early though for me to have a firm grasp on a lot of the teams and their chances outside of the "usual suspects" who we already knew would be in the mix.

With the Lakers, they are still too young and inconsistent but the potential is clearly there for them to be a good team someday. Lonzo does look like a natural fit with them and yes he does make those around him better. And his unselfish style of playing the PG role is refreshing to actually see.

BTW on a side note, with the Golden State Warriors, I often feel this team don't peak until the second half of the season. I remember last year they looked sluggish and had defensive issues UNTIL later in the year when they flipped the switch and turned it on. The Warriors are so damn talented that I pretty much expect them to turn it up a huge notch later unless they get lazy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jules said:

You have always been a pretty positive poster. Even last year I remember you had the Pacers losing to the Cavs in 6 over a sweep or 5. 

This year it's still too early though for me to have a firm grasp on a lot of the teams and their chances outside of the "usual suspects" who we already knew would be in the mix.

With the Lakers, they are still too young and inconsistent but the potential is clearly there for them to be a good team someday. Lonzo does look like a natural fit with them and yes he does make those around him better. And his unselfish style of playing the PG role is refreshing to actually see.

BTW on a side note, with the Golden State Warriors, I often feel this team don't peak until the second half of the season. I remember last year they looked sluggish and had defensive issues UNTIL later in the year when they flipped the switch and turned it on. The Warriors are so damn talented that I pretty much expect them to turn it up a huge notch later unless they get lazy.

I am positive 99% of the time but sometimes I have to tell it like it is :rock:Sometimes when you are too nice you tend to get bullied by other Posters, I don't play that game and put a stop to it. I like the Lakers direction right now, Lonzo looks Good and Ingram is Good as well. Magic is going to add to that team next summer then really look out. Kuzma was a heck of a late 1st round draft pick too. Randle is even looking Good.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

John Wall said he was going to torture Lonzo, score board buddy! Lonzo wins. Yeah I like the Lakers because I love Magic.

John Wall is great and that whole team is talented. But I have issues with their coaching and mindset at times. They were more talented then last years Celtics but they got out coached and rattled which is how they lost the series in 7. In that final game they probably should have won it but fell apart in the 4th quarter. I mean my goodness, they let Kelly Olynyk have his moment and beat them in shooting.

And last year they probably had more matchups to give the Cavs fits over the Celtics.

They "could" win the east but I have to see it to believe it. It still belongs to Lebron James until someone else does it. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am positive 99% of the time but sometimes I have to tell it like it is :rock:Sometimes when you are too nice you tend to get bullied by other Posters, I don't play that game and put a stop to it. I like the Lakers direction right now, Lonzo looks Good and Ingram is Good as well. Magic is going to add to that team next summer then really look out. Kuzma was a heck of a late 1st round draft pick too. Randle is even looking Good.

LOL you are often too positive for me at times with predictions. lmao But I know with a major injury (such as Luck) or with a major player going away from a team (such as Paul George) it's tougher to be optimistic. Much much tougher.

Just let it all slide guys........it's a work in progress with some teams right now like the Colts/Pacers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jules said:

John Wall is great and that whole team is talented. But I have issues with their coaching and mindset at times. They were more talented then last years Celtics but they got out coached and rattled which is how they lost the series in 7. In that final game they probably should have won it but fell apart in the 4th quarter. I mean my goodness, they let Kelly Olynyk have his moment and beat them in shooting.

And last year they probably had more matchups to give the Cavs fits over the Celtics.

They "could" win the east but I have to see it to believe it. It still belongs to Lebron James until someone else does it. 

LOL you are often too positive for me at times with predictions. lmao But I know with a major injury (such as Luck) or with a major player going away from a team (such as Paul George) it's tougher to be optimistic. Much much tougher.

Just let it all slide guys........it's a work in progress with some teams right now like the Colts/Pacers.

Magic Johnson is the 2nd best player of all-time I don't care what Stephen A or Max says, people are brainwashed into thinking LeBron is #2. He isn't better than Magic, Magic was more clutch, won more Championships, and was the best leader I have ever seen. I would actually take him over Jordan in an all-time Draft because he was a better team player.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Magic Johnson is the 2nd best player of all-time I don't care what Stephen A or Max says, people are brainwashed into thinking LeBron is #2. He isn't better than Magic, Magic was more clutch, won more Championships, and was the best leader I have ever seen. I would actually take him over Jordan in an all-time Draft because he was a better team player.

I don't even know where the hell I would rank Magic or Lebron or even Kobe. I put Kobe maybe AHEAD of more then I should too.

I am not even digging how this Cavs team is set up right now and looking. But we'll see later once they decide on a starting lineup. Maybe if Isaiah Thomas (a big if) can come back later and is healthy and can be his old self that would help a ton and set them on fire a bit.

Right now they look like a mess but like I said it's early.

One of these years Lebron will show his age and so will the Cavs and they won't win the east but until then it's hard to say they won't win the east again until proven otherwise.

I won't lie though, if Lebron loses the finals again it will hurt his legacy a bit since after a while even if it's not entirely his fault those add up and just look bad from a historical perspective.

1 hour ago, Jules said:

I don't even know where the hell I would rank Magic or Lebron or even Kobe. I put Kobe maybe AHEAD of more then I should too.

I am not even digging how this Cavs team is set up right now and looking. But we'll see later once they decide on a starting lineup. Maybe if Isaiah Thomas (a big if) can come back later and is healthy and can be his old self that would help a ton and set them on fire a bit.

Right now they look like a mess but like I said it's early.

One of these years Lebron will show his age and so will the Cavs and they won't win the east but until then it's hard to say they won't win the east again until proven otherwise.

I won't lie though, if Lebron loses the finals again it will hurt his legacy a bit since after a while even if it's not entirely his fault those add up and just look bad from a historical perspective.

I think LeBron is awesome but I would put Jordan and Magic ahead of him, Magic won a Championship in his rookie season when Kareem was even out. That is unreal. As a Rookie Magic had 42/15/7 against the Sixers who was loaded to win it all. LeBron is in my Top 10 easily. If I was to ask you, who would you take LeBron or Shaq, what would you say? I would take Shaq but LeBron is very special. Would you take LeBron over Kobe? Then there is Larry too for 3!

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 9:47 PM, Bluefire4 said:

If Bogdonovic doesn't score he is out there just taking up space. We'll be better when GR3 gets back.

Very surprised so far.

Bogdonovic wanted to come here and start and was looking forward to it..

So far, he has not done much. Sabonis sets very good screens. I'd like us to run Bogdonovic off the screen and get him shots early. He seems to be waiting for us to get the ball to the small forward and that's not what we do anymore

Edited by oldunclemark

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Be careful with 'the guy who passes the ball' is a better team player and the 'guy who shoots the ball" is not.

Jordan drove his teammates to win and he had a lot less to work with than Magic.

Jordan was also a defensive superstar. Defense is also being a team player.

Its a different era but no one playing today is the equal of Michael Jordan (in his prime) defensively

Edited by oldunclemark

4 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Be careful with 'the guy who passes the ball' is a better team player and the 'guy who shoots the ball" is not.

Jordan drove his teammates to win and he had a lot less to work with than Magic.

Jordan was also a defensive superstar. Defense is also being a team player.

Its a different era but no one playing today is the equal of Michael Jordan (in his prime) defensively

I do have Jordan #1 on my list but IMO Magic is 2nd, LeBron is a Great player though.