Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

1 hour ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I read something on Green.  What exactly did he do?  If Gordon just fractured his ankle, he should make it back around February/March.  If he did more than that then yea he's done.  I like OKC a lot too, I will be watching them, the Lakers and 76ers a lot because they interest me.  I think your Pacers will finish with around 25-30 wins, probably 5-10 more than my last place Bulls :(.  I've heard mixed stories on what happened.  I heard they jawed a lot at each other then Bobby sucker punched him which is what everyone is assuming. An inside source said Nikko lunged at Portis and Portis didn't put up with it.  Bad either way, but I am sure more details will come out.  I bet no one remembers the time Jordan punched Kerr in practice?  Mainly because  back then it happened all the time.  Maybe not to this extent but happened a lot.  The  Bulls are a dumpster fire and this is only the beginning.  Us Bulls fans can think the front office for that, worst front office in pro sports!

As a UK fan I saw Portis play UK a few times in college, and I always thought he was a dirty player. He nearly instigated fights in college, so I wouldn't be surprised if Portis instigated this one. Hes a good player but hes a bit dirty, IMO. 

Wouldn't be surprised at all if he gets into some fights through his NBA career 

6 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

As a UK fan I saw Portis play UK a few times in college, and I always thought he was a dirty player. He nearly instigated fights in college, so I wouldn't be surprised if Portis instigated this one. Hes a good player but hes a bit dirty, IMO. 

You could be right, I've watched him the past 3 years on the Bulls and he's never really gotten into any altercations.  He's trashed talked but that's the extent of it.  I've never seen him purposely take out a player or try to hurt a player.  My inside sources are saying Mirotic came at Portis first and Portis responded.  I am sure more details will come out in the next few days.  He got suspended for 8 games which is quite a few. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah it may be more like 30 lmao. OKC is going to dominate IMO, Warriors biggest comp will be them.

The east is so weak so you never know lol.  I'd say Cavs, Celtics, Raptors and Wizards are locks but anything after that is open.  I agree, I think the Thunder give the Warriors the most problems this year, that's including Cleveland, I think LeBron is going to have to do a lot this year for the Cavs to win games. 

18 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Well I had a Celtics/Warriors Finals, so much for that. LeBron has an easy ride to the Finals now. Get well Hayward.

So you're saying its the same as it has been for the past 6 years or so.

4 minutes ago, CF4L said:

So you're saying its the same as it has been for the past 6 years or so.

The East has been weak for the most part, Pacers were really good in 2013 but other than that LeBron has had it is easy. When LeBron plays a Great team he folds like against the Warriors and Spurs. Magic beat teams like the Celtics and Pistons and Sixers. Jordan beat Malone.

4 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

So it was that Portis

• Like 1

well that was interesting.  they looked nothing like the pacers teams we have grown used to over the last decade or so

young high scoring team that doesnt play much defense except for turner.

could they actually be better than last year?

• Like 2

Congrats to the Pacers for getting a win to start the year!

I watched some Celtics too and they looked like crap in the 4th quarter and fell apart. No spacing, bad ball movement and in this game Kyrie was sporadic chucking shots sadly with most not going in or periods where Kyrie is ignored all together on the court. It's not Cleveland anymore where Lebron gets your best defenders on him and you get it easy kid. And without Hayward a huge chunk of your entire team this year is literally GONE. So an adjustment period here is needed for Boston but they got some serious work to do.

They started the game too with a video from Hayward from his hospital bed.

I hope Boston can put together a few wins soon, because if not fans will go insane since some are saying even with IT out they could desperately use Crowder or Averly Bradley and even Kelly O. And I am a big fan of Brad Stevens but he is going to have to work some serious magic soon with line ups. They had to make moves to cut players to fit in Hayward and now........well fans are on the brink of going insane if they keep on losing IMO. It's Boston where they have no patience at times. And some are still going nuts on the Nets first pick they gave to Cleveland.

We know how it is in sports, winning cures all..........look at the Colts too.

Bucks have a pretty decent team though so don't over look them either. Giannis is scary.

10 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

well that was interesting.  they looked nothing like the pacers teams we have grown used to over the last decade or so

Could be, expectations are so low that they could string together a nice season in a weak east. "Potentially".

At least this team will be more fun to watch than last year. I still have no expectations for this season. I want a top 10 pick, but I think the Pacers will be in contention for the 7th/8th seed and end up getting a mid teen pick. I guess I can look forward to Sabonis, Dipo, and Turner. It'll be interesting to see if Turner can improve and take the next step(become an All-star), if Dipo can turn it around and if Sabonis can become a decent player.

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

PCHS, NDWBB, and Kentucky will still take precedence but I might watch a few games

1 hour ago, Jules said:

Congrats to the Pacers for getting a win to start the year!

I watched some Celtics too and they looked like crap in the 4th quarter and fell apart. No spacing, bad ball movement and in this game Kyrie was sporadic chucking shots sadly with most not going in or periods where Kyrie is ignored all together on the court. It's not Cleveland anymore where Lebron gets your best defenders on him and you get it easy kid. And without Hayward a huge chunk of your entire team this year is literally GONE. So an adjustment period here is needed for Boston but they got some serious work to do.

They started the game too with a video from Hayward from his hospital bed.

I hope Boston can put together a few wins soon, because if not fans will go insane since some are saying even with IT out they could desperately use Crowder or Averly Bradley and even Kelly O. And I am a big fan of Brad Stevens but he is going to have to work some serious magic soon with line ups. They had to make moves to cut players to fit in Hayward and now........well fans are on the brink of going insane if they keep on losing IMO. It's Boston where they have no patience at times. And some are still going nuts on the Nets first pick they gave to Cleveland.

We know how it is in sports, winning cures all..........look at the Colts too.

Bucks have a pretty decent team though so don't over look them either. Giannis is scary.

I think the Celtics without Hayward are the Kyrie-led Cavs without Lebron but with a lot more talent. They won't get past the Cavs this year, so they should focus on player development. I think Kyrie is better as a second option, like he was with Lebron. 

• Like 1

Awesome message from Kobe Bryant to Gordon Hayward:

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/10/18/16498600/la-lakers-kobe-bryant-gordon-hayward-injury-news-message-instagram

Be sad. Be mad. Be frustrated. Scream. Cry. Sulk. When you wake up you will think it was just a nightmare only to realize it’s all too real. You will be angry and wish for the day back, the game back THAT play back. But reality gives nothing back and nor should you. Time to move on and focus on doing everything in your power to prepare for surgery, ask all the questions to be sure you understand fully the procedure so that you may visualize it in your subconscious while being operated on and better the chance of it’s success. Then focus on the recovery process day by day by day. It’s a long journey but if you focus on the mini milestones along the way you will find beauty in the struggle of doing simple things that prior to this injury were taken for granted. This will also mean that when you return you will have a new perspective. You will be so appreciative of being able to stand, walk, run that you will train harder than you ever have. You see the belief within you grow with each mini milestone and you will come back a better player for it. Best of luck to you on this journey my brother #mambamentality always.

• Like 1

Just watched the replay....140-134?  8 guys score in double figures

We, we ARE different....

On our acquisition of Oladipo and Sabonis.......  I guess we didn't get 'nothing' for Paul George, huh?

Defense?  Well.....

Lets see if this new wave track meet style works against Portland...

11 hours ago, aaron11 said:

Not sure they'll be better. Still don't think we will win many games with the poor defense. But at least we will be fun to watch.

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

Just watched the replay....140-134?  8 guys score in double figures

We, we ARE different....

On our acquisition of Oladipo and Sabonis.......  I guess we didn't get 'nothing' for Paul George, huh?

Defense?  Well.....

Lets see if this new wave track meet style works against Portland...

It's just 1 game but we look a team that could put up a lot of points on any given night that is for sure.

7 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Is it better to win 140-134   or 94-88....?

I dont know

140-88....like Golden State lol...in the playoffs defenses get better. It's harder to score...it really comes down to can you get stops at crucial times or a series of stops and can you string baskets together or get a big bucket. I don't see that go to guy to get that bucket but who knows...maybe someone will take that alpha dog mentality on.

4 hours ago, dgambill said:

140-88....like Golden State lol...in the playoffs defenses get better. It's harder to score...it really comes down to can you get stops at crucial times or a series of stops and can you string baskets together or get a big bucket. I don't see that go to guy to get that bucket but who knows...maybe someone will take that alpha dog mentality on.

If any player ends up being that it would be Oladipo probably. 

4 hours ago, dgambill said:

Let me try again..

Is it better to be playing games in the 120s and 130s or in the 90s

Seriously