Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IMO Paul George failed at giving an honest 100% effort every night on both ends of floor and being a leader . He has the me me me syndrome, nothing against you my friend I like you . that is and has b

Mark is on an island here. I wouldn't waste too much energy on changing his mind. This team is going to the promise land.. woot.

Love how all the mainstream sports media outlets are talking about what went wrong with the Cavs and LeBron instead of praising the Pacers. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I read something on Green.  What exactly did he do?  If Gordon just fractured his ankle, he should make it back around February/March.  If he did more than that then yea he's done.  I like OKC a lot too, I will be watching them, the Lakers and 76ers a lot because they interest me.  I think your Pacers will finish with around 25-30 wins, probably 5-10 more than my last place Bulls :(.  I've heard mixed stories on what happened.  I heard they jawed a lot at each other then Bobby sucker punched him which is what everyone is assuming. An inside source said Nikko lunged at Portis and Portis didn't put up with it.  Bad either way, but I am sure more details will come out.  I bet no one remembers the time Jordan punched Kerr in practice?  Mainly because  back then it happened all the time.  Maybe not to this extent but happened a lot.  The  Bulls are a dumpster fire and this is only the beginning.  Us Bulls fans can think the front office for that, worst front office in pro sports!

As a UK fan I saw Portis play UK a few times in college, and I always thought he was a dirty player. He nearly instigated fights in college, so I wouldn't be surprised if Portis instigated this one. Hes a good player but hes a bit dirty, IMO. 

 

Wouldn't be surprised at all if he gets into some fights through his NBA career 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

As a UK fan I saw Portis play UK a few times in college, and I always thought he was a dirty player. He nearly instigated fights in college, so I wouldn't be surprised if Portis instigated this one. Hes a good player but hes a bit dirty, IMO. 

 

Wouldn't be surprised at all if he gets into some fights through his NBA career 

 

You could be right, I've watched him the past 3 years on the Bulls and he's never really gotten into any altercations.  He's trashed talked but that's the extent of it.  I've never seen him purposely take out a player or try to hurt a player.  My inside sources are saying Mirotic came at Portis first and Portis responded.  I am sure more details will come out in the next few days.  He got suspended for 8 games which is quite a few. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah it may be more like 30 lmao. OKC is going to dominate IMO, Warriors biggest comp will be them.

The east is so weak so you never know lol.  I'd say Cavs, Celtics, Raptors and Wizards are locks but anything after that is open.  I agree, I think the Thunder give the Warriors the most problems this year, that's including Cleveland, I think LeBron is going to have to do a lot this year for the Cavs to win games. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Well I had a Celtics/Warriors Finals, so much for that. LeBron has an easy ride to the Finals now. Get well Hayward.

 

So you're saying its the same as it has been for the past 6 years or so.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CF4L said:

 

So you're saying its the same as it has been for the past 6 years or so.

The East has been weak for the most part, Pacers were really good in 2013 but other than that LeBron has had it is easy. When LeBron plays a Great team he folds like against the Warriors and Spurs. Magic beat teams like the Celtics and Pistons and Sixers. Jordan beat Malone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

As a UK fan I saw Portis play UK a few times in college, and I always thought he was a dirty player. He nearly instigated fights in college, so I wouldn't be surprised if Portis instigated this one. Hes a good player but hes a bit dirty, IMO. 

 

Wouldn't be surprised at all if he gets into some fights through his NBA career 

 

So it was that Portis

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

well that was interesting.  they looked nothing like the pacers teams we have grown used to over the last decade or so

 

young high scoring team that doesnt play much defense except for turner.

 

could they actually be better than last year?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats to the Pacers for getting a win to start the year!

 

I watched some Celtics too and they looked like crap in the 4th quarter and fell apart. No spacing, bad ball movement and in this game Kyrie was sporadic chucking shots sadly with most not going in or periods where Kyrie is ignored all together on the court. It's not Cleveland anymore where Lebron gets your best defenders on him and you get it easy kid. And without Hayward a huge chunk of your entire team this year is literally GONE. So an adjustment period here is needed for Boston but they got some serious work to do.

They started the game too with a video from Hayward from his hospital bed.

 

I hope Boston can put together a few wins soon, because if not fans will go insane since some are saying even with IT out they could desperately use Crowder or Averly Bradley and even Kelly O. And I am a big fan of Brad Stevens but he is going to have to work some serious magic soon with line ups. They had to make moves to cut players to fit in Hayward and now........well fans are on the brink of going insane if they keep on losing IMO. It's Boston where they have no patience at times. And some are still going nuts on the Nets first pick they gave to Cleveland.

 

We know how it is in sports, winning cures all..........look at the Colts too.

 

Bucks have a pretty decent team though so don't over look them either. Giannis is scary.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

well that was interesting.  they looked nothing like the pacers teams we have grown used to over the last decade or so

 

young high scoring team that doesnt play much defense except for turner.

 

could they actually be better than last year?

 

Could be, expectations are so low that they could string together a nice season in a weak east. "Potentially".

Link to post
Share on other sites

At least this team will be more fun to watch than last year. I still have no expectations for this season. I want a top 10 pick, but I think the Pacers will be in contention for the 7th/8th seed and end up getting a mid teen pick. I guess I can look forward to Sabonis, Dipo, and Turner. It'll be interesting to see if Turner can improve and take the next step(become an All-star), if Dipo can turn it around and if Sabonis can become a decent player.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

well that was interesting.  they looked nothing like the pacers teams we have grown used to over the last decade or so

 

young high scoring team that doesnt play much defense except for turner.

 

could they actually be better than last year?

PCHS, NDWBB, and Kentucky will still take precedence but I might watch a few games

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jules said:

Congrats to the Pacers for getting a win to start the year!

 

I watched some Celtics too and they looked like crap in the 4th quarter and fell apart. No spacing, bad ball movement and in this game Kyrie was sporadic chucking shots sadly with most not going in or periods where Kyrie is ignored all together on the court. It's not Cleveland anymore where Lebron gets your best defenders on him and you get it easy kid. And without Hayward a huge chunk of your entire team this year is literally GONE. So an adjustment period here is needed for Boston but they got some serious work to do.

They started the game too with a video from Hayward from his hospital bed.

 

I hope Boston can put together a few wins soon, because if not fans will go insane since some are saying even with IT out they could desperately use Crowder or Averly Bradley and even Kelly O. And I am a big fan of Brad Stevens but he is going to have to work some serious magic soon with line ups. They had to make moves to cut players to fit in Hayward and now........well fans are on the brink of going insane if they keep on losing IMO. It's Boston where they have no patience at times. And some are still going nuts on the Nets first pick they gave to Cleveland.

 

We know how it is in sports, winning cures all..........look at the Colts too.

 

Bucks have a pretty decent team though so don't over look them either. Giannis is scary.

 

I think the Celtics without Hayward are the Kyrie-led Cavs without Lebron but with a lot more talent. They won't get past the Cavs this year, so they should focus on player development. I think Kyrie is better as a second option, like he was with Lebron. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome message from Kobe Bryant to Gordon Hayward:

 

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/10/18/16498600/la-lakers-kobe-bryant-gordon-hayward-injury-news-message-instagram

 

Quote

Be sad. Be mad. Be frustrated. Scream. Cry. Sulk. When you wake up you will think it was just a nightmare only to realize it’s all too real. You will be angry and wish for the day back, the game back THAT play back. But reality gives nothing back and nor should you. Time to move on and focus on doing everything in your power to prepare for surgery, ask all the questions to be sure you understand fully the procedure so that you may visualize it in your subconscious while being operated on and better the chance of it’s success. Then focus on the recovery process day by day by day. It’s a long journey but if you focus on the mini milestones along the way you will find beauty in the struggle of doing simple things that prior to this injury were taken for granted. This will also mean that when you return you will have a new perspective. You will be so appreciative of being able to stand, walk, run that you will train harder than you ever have. You see the belief within you grow with each mini milestone and you will come back a better player for it. Best of luck to you on this journey my brother #mambamentality always.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched the replay....140-134?  8 guys score in double figures

We, we ARE different....

On our acquisition of Oladipo and Sabonis.......  I guess we didn't get 'nothing' for Paul George, huh?

 

Defense?  Well.....

Lets see if this new wave track meet style works against Portland...

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, aaron11 said:

well that was interesting.  they looked nothing like the pacers teams we have grown used to over the last decade or so

 

young high scoring team that doesnt play much defense except for turner.

 

could they actually be better than last year?

Not sure they'll be better. Still don't think we will win many games with the poor defense. But at least we will be fun to watch.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Yeah, very few teams play it lol. But the Pacers sure as heck won't be one of them.

It was bad, wasn't it? And it was the Nets.

But at least our players aren't knocking each other out and getting suspended, right?

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

Just watched the replay....140-134?  8 guys score in double figures

We, we ARE different....

On our acquisition of Oladipo and Sabonis.......  I guess we didn't get 'nothing' for Paul George, huh?

 

Defense?  Well.....

Lets see if this new wave track meet style works against Portland...

It's just 1 game but we look a team that could put up a lot of points on any given night that is for sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Is it better to win 140-134   or 94-88....?

 

I dont know

140-88....like Golden State lol...in the playoffs defenses get better. It's harder to score...it really comes down to can you get stops at crucial times or a series of stops and can you string baskets together or get a big bucket. I don't see that go to guy to get that bucket but who knows...maybe someone will take that alpha dog mentality on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dgambill said:

140-88....like Golden State lol...in the playoffs defenses get better. It's harder to score...it really comes down to can you get stops at crucial times or a series of stops and can you string baskets together or get a big bucket. I don't see that go to guy to get that bucket but who knows...maybe someone will take that alpha dog mentality on.

If any player ends up being that it would be Oladipo probably. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dgambill said:

140-88....like Golden State lol...in the playoffs defenses get better. It's harder to score...it really comes down to can you get stops at crucial times or a series of stops and can you string baskets together or get a big bucket. I don't see that go to guy to get that bucket but who knows...maybe someone will take that alpha dog mentality on.

Let me try again..

Is it better to be playing games in the 120s and 130s or in the 90s

Seriously

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • This is off my head and not from a simulator
    • Round 1 #21 A Caleb Farley CB Virginia Tech B Jaelen Phillips EDGE Miami C Rashod Bateman WR Minnesota    Round 2 #54 A Alex Leatherwood OT Alabama  B Elijah Moore WR Ole Miss C Brevin Jordan TE Miami   Round 4 #127 A Jacoby Stevens S/LB LSU B Tommy Tremble TE Notre Dame C Keith Taylor CB Washington   Round 5 #165 A Shaka Toney EDGE Penn State B Paris Ford S Texas C Sage Surratt WR Wake Forest   Round 6 #206 A Tedarrell Slaton DT Florida B Derrick Barnes LB Purdue  C Shakur Brown CB Michigan State   Round 7 #248 A Darrick Forrest S Cincinnati  B Josh Ball OT Marshall C Sadarius Hutcherson OL South Carolina   Trade: Yes
    • I always try to break down rounds into thirds.    Top-10, Bottom-10, and the middle, however big that is.   That's why you see my first round divided up as it is. If you have questions about any players on the list, or off the list,  please feel free to ask.   1.   Lawrence      QB1 2.   Pitts               TE1 3.   Wilson           QB2 4.   Chase           WR1 5.   Sewell           OT1 6.   Smith            WR2 7.   Fields            QB3 8.   Waddle          WR3 9.   Lance            QB4 10. Slater             OT2     11. Parsons        LB1 12. Surtain          CB1 13. Paye              DE1 14. Horn              CB2 15. Jones            QB5 16. Farley            CB3 17. JOK               LB2 18. Darrisaw        OT3 19. AVT               OG1 20. Phillips          DE2 21. Newsome     CB4 22. Barmore        DT1     23. Bateman      WR4 24. Cosmi          OT4 25. Etienne         RB1 26. Jenkins        OT5 27. Toney           WR5 28. Harris           RB2 29. Dickerson     C1 30. Ojulari          OLB1 31. Collins         LB3 32. Moehring     SAF1    
    • Wish I knew who was still available for each of your picks.    To decide how I liked it 
    • I think this is your best mock!   Congrats!    Well done!!  
  • Members

    • tannurr

      tannurr 7

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ClaytonColt

      ClaytonColt 288

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Mr. Irrelevant

      Mr. Irrelevant 271

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • cdgacoltsfan

      cdgacoltsfan 623

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...