Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

2 minutes ago, Jules said:

Gordon Hayward is a Bird man too from Indiana. Sigh. He so wanted to be in a Celtics uniform..........

Gordon Hayward also finds Tom Brady irritating and loves the Colts.

The good ones always go down.

I can't help it though. I often pick the polarizing NBA stars like Kobe and Lebron to get into. lmao But yes Kobe will always be my #1 personal favorite. I feel like I grew up with that man. lmao 

LeBron is maybe the most talented ever to play and physically a beast but Kobe is a killer and guys like Magic and Larry were so smart and had every intangible.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I think LeBron should stay in Cleveland - he has his buddy Wade now too, all of this moving around gets old. I was a fan of Shaq but once he started switching teams I didn't like it. Lakers could very well go .500 but not sure that gets them in the Playoffs.

But Wade is like 35 lol. He will be 36 in January.

On the flip side if he went to L.A. he would get a young team around him. 

I hope he stays in Cleveland too though.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

LeBron is maybe the most talented ever to play and physically a beast but Kobe is a killer and guys like Magic and Larry were so smart and had every intangible.

I loved black mamba mode. And the faces he used to make.

:heart:

Some said "ball hogging mode" but whatever. He nailed so many of those big shots. Haters gonna hate.

When Kobe got going he was RED HOT,

I know Kobe is Kyrie's mentor. I think Kyrie has a clutch gene in him too but there is something still missing that will never make him "Kobe" I am going to guess. Just like how we all want QBs to be "Peyton".

But Kyrie's 3 point game 7 shot against the Warriors goes down in history.

• Like 1

But Wade is like 35 lol. He will be 36 in January.

On the flip side if he went to L.A. he would get a young team around him. 

I hope he stays in Cleveland too though.

Yeah not sure if Wade will hold up? He has been a spectacular player. Maybe playing with LeBron again will help, plus the Cavs can rest him a lot too so he is fresh for the Playoffs.

1 minute ago, Jules said:

I loved black mamba mode. And the faces he used to make.

:heart:

Some said "ball hogging mode" but whatever. He nailed so many of those big shots. Haters gonna hate.

When Kobe got going he was RED HOT,

I know Kobe is Kyrie's mentor. I think Kyrie has a clutch gene in him too but there is something still missing that will never make him "Kobe" I am going to guess. Just like how we all want QBs to be "Peyton".

But Kyrie's 3 point game 7 shot against the Warriors goes down in history.

Kobe is the closest thing to Jordan we will ever see in terms of his play and his will to win. JMO

• Like 1

Yeah not sure if Wade will hold up? He has been a spectacular player. Maybe playing with LeBron again will help, plus the Cavs can rest him a lot too so he is fresh for the Playoffs.

Remains to be seen with Wade, I think he and Lebron are in some odd way meant to be together though. Always. lol.

Glad my man Kevin Love is still holding up well, made a big shot at the end of the game tonight.

• Like 1

Kobe is the closest thing to Jordan we will ever see in terms of his play and his will to win. JMO

You could be right. It's why I often thought Kobe vs. Jordan in terms of play style/attitude made more sense to me then Lebron vs. Jordan.

• Like 1

You could be right. It's why I often thought Kobe vs. Jordan in terms of play style/attitude made more sense to me then Lebron vs. Jordan.

LeBron is more like Magic, LeBron is a better athlete but Magic to me had better intangibles like being more clutch and his passing ability but LeBron plays a lot like Magic than he does Jordan.

39 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

LeBron is more like Magic, LeBron is a better athlete but Magic to me had better intangibles like being more clutch and his passing ability but LeBron plays a lot like Magic than he does Jordan.

Yeah thats what I always thought. Lebron compares to Magic and Kobe to MJ.

• Like 1

I know the Rockets only won because Iggy was out and Draymond got injured but I think the additions of PJ Tucker and Luc Mbah A Moute are huge for that team for defensive purposes. If CP3 and James Harden can figure each other out this season the Rockets will have a better chance than anybody at beating the Warriors.

7 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I know the Rockets only won because Iggy was out and Draymond got injured but I think the additions of PJ Tucker and Luc Mbah A Moute are huge for that team for defensive purposes. If CP3 and James Harden can figure each other out this season the Rockets will have a better chance than anybody at beating the Warriors.

I don't think CP3 fits in with them, that is going to be a big problem. OKC is the team that will scare the Warriors in the end, Shaq thinks so too. Charles and Kenny even both said they don't like the CP3 fit.

47 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't think CP3 fits in with them, that is going to be a big problem. OKC is the team that will scare the Warriors in the end, Shaq thinks so too. Charles and Kenny even both said they don't like the CP3 fit.

I think people are over exaggerating it honestly. And even if they don't ever completely find it, they can just play them separately most of the time. I think Russell Westbrook adjusting to Carmelo will be just as hard as CP3 adjusting to James Harden.

1 hour ago, Bluefire4 said:

I think people are over exaggerating it honestly. And even if they don't ever completely find it, they can just play them separately most of the time. I think Russell Westbrook adjusting to Carmelo will be just as hard as CP3 adjusting to James Harden.

Melo well be fine IMO, he has never played on a loaded team so I think he will adjust. PG will too. Adams is actually the ace factor, yes Adams because every team needs that 1 Big that does the dirty work as in Rebound and throw elbows, etc. and he is good.

3 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I couldn't believe the Warriors lost!  So they are dead last in the NBA now(tied with Boston) haha  I think Boston would have won if Hayward wouldn't have got hurt.  I hope he comes back this year, if not LeBron gets another free ride to the Finals.  I hope Gordon has a speedy recovery. 

Green got injured but I was surprised they lost anyway. Durant hit the game winner but it was after the buzzer. Boston is done now unfortunately. OKC is my 2nd team behind Indy to root for this season, Indy I don't think will even be .500. What is up with Portis and Miritoc?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Melo well be fine IMO, he has never played on a loaded team so I think he will adjust. PG will too. Adams is actually the ace factor, yes Adams because every team needs that 1 Big that does the dirty work as in Rebound and throw elbows, etc. and he is good.

Adams will be fine. He is a really good and tough player. And I have no worries that PG will adjust as he can catch and shoot and play off the ball effectively.

I'm just not high on Melo with that team. I thought he would change his game with that group but he continued playing iso ball in the preseason. He needs to be able to surrender some of his iso opportunities in order to pass the ball out to open teammates, and be able to catch and shoot when Westbrook drives and kicks for this team to be as successful as they want to be.

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

Adams will be fine. He is a really good and tough player. And I have no worries that PG will adjust as he can catch and shoot and play off the ball effectively.

I'm just not high on Melo with that team. I thought he would change his game with that group but he continued playing iso ball in the preseason. He needs to be able to surrender some of his iso opportunities in order to pass the ball out to open teammates, and be able to catch and shoot when Westbrook drives and kicks for this team to be as successful as they want to be.

It is sure going to be interesting in the West between OKC, Houston, and Spurs to see who play the Warriors

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Green got injured but I was surprised they lost anyway. Durant hit the game winner but it was after the buzzer. Boston is done now unfortunately. OKC is my 2nd team behind Indy to root for this season, Indy I don't think will even be .500. What is up with Portis and Miritoc?

I read something on Green.  What exactly did he do?  If Gordon just fractured his ankle, he should make it back around February/March.  If he did more than that then yea he's done.  I like OKC a lot too, I will be watching them, the Lakers and 76ers a lot because they interest me.  I think your Pacers will finish with around 25-30 wins, probably 5-10 more than my last place Bulls :(.  I've heard mixed stories on what happened.  I heard they jawed a lot at each other then Bobby sucker punched him which is what everyone is assuming. An inside source said Nikko lunged at Portis and Portis didn't put up with it.  Bad either way, but I am sure more details will come out.  I bet no one remembers the time Jordan punched Kerr in practice?  Mainly because  back then it happened all the time.  Maybe not to this extent but happened a lot.  The  Bulls are a dumpster fire and this is only the beginning.  Us Bulls fans can think the front office for that, worst front office in pro sports!

42 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I read something on Green.  What exactly did he do?  If Gordon just fractured his ankle, he should make it back around February/March.  If he did more than that then yea he's done.  I like OKC a lot too, I will be watching them, the Lakers and 76ers a lot because they interest me.  I think your Pacers will finish with around 25-30 wins, probably 5-10 more than my last place Bulls :(.  I've heard mixed stories on what happened.  I heard they jawed a lot at each other then Bobby sucker punched him which is what everyone is assuming. An inside source said Nikko lunged at Portis and Portis didn't put up with it.  Bad either way, but I am sure more details will come out.  I bet no one remembers the time Jordan punched Kerr in practice?  Mainly because  back then it happened all the time.  Maybe not to this extent but happened a lot.  The  Bulls are a dumpster fire and this is only the beginning.  Us Bulls fans can think the front office for that, worst front office in pro sports!

Gordon fractured his tibia as well, it is similar to PG's injury.