Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

9 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Lakers were fined 500,000 for tampering.

Not surprising. The league would never inflict serious punishment on the Lakers.

2 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

That's it? I guess we should tamper more often...

Nope. We wouldn't get away with it. 

Quite a lot of drama to hold up a big trade for just a second rounder.:dunno: I think the new GM of Cleveland was hoping Ainge would cave and throw in the Lakers pick or Brown/Tatum but he would not.

IMO on paper, I think Boston won the trade for the future. Kyrie is 25 years old and Stevens is the best coach he has been with since college. And Boston did not have to give up Brown/Tatum or another first rounder.

And I got no idea what to think of all these IT injury rumors. I don't think anyone really knows, but I think it was bad to have had all this leaked to the media. If the injury stuff is true, IT should have had surgery as soon as he left the ECFs. 

The drama was dumb to me, Boston threw in the Nets pick IMO since IT was iffy to begin with, that WAS the sweetened part of the whole deal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:
New York has agreed to a deal to send Carmelo Anthony to OKC for Enes Kanter, Doug McDermott and a draft pick, league sources tell ESPN.

Although Melo is past his prime, that's a bad deal for the Knicks. They should have at least try to obtain Terrance Ferguson or Steven Adams instead. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MTC said:

Although Melo is past his prime, that's a bad deal for the Knicks. They should have at least try to obtain Terrance Ferguson or Steven Adams instead. 

They didnt have a lot of leverage.....Kanter and McDermott ...2 young guys for a player who was not going to play for them

Sounds familiar doesn't it?

5 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Carmelo and PG fit well together..Russel Westbrook and PG fit well together

Russ and Melo?  Not sure

I think they will fit because Melo knows this is his last chance. He will be content firing 3's and playing 3rd fiddle IMO. OKC is going to be nasty tough. Adams is a huge key too is why, they have a Big that can Rebound and score in spurts when needed. They also have an awesome HCA.

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think they will fit because Melo knows this is his last chance. He will be content firing 3's and playing 3rd fiddle IMO. OKC is going to be nasty tough. Adams is a huge key too is why, they have a Big that can Rebound and score in spurts when needed. They also have an awesome HCA.

Melo cant suddenly be faster and get up and down the floor.

,,do they slow the offense down for Melo....?

Cant play Adams, Melo and PG at the same time, can you? Not and run with Russ

..and how are they paying these contracts?

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I am sure their Coaching will figure it out. I would love to Coach that team actually. Not sure about the contracts?

40 minutes ago, MTC said:

So it is a FACT they did try to get the guys YOU want, and the answer was no.

So now what does your GM:spit:dealMaster head got to say?  :facepalm:

I might be the only person not excited for OKC's big three.  All three guys are ball dominant players.  I don't think it's enough for them to keep up with Golden State.

Also, remember when CJ Miles took the last shot of a playoff game and Paul George said he has to take the last shot?  Well, now he's playing with Carmelo and Westbrook

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I might be the only person not excited for OKC's big three.  All three guys are ball dominant players.  I don't think it's enough for them to keep up with Golden State.

Also, remember when CJ Miles took the last shot of a playoff game and Paul George said he has to take the last shot?  Well, now he's playing with Carmelo and Westbrook

See I feel like that about Houston with Harden and CP3, I don't see that working at all because Harden playing Point last season was when he was at his best. Yet everyone loves Houston. I will roll with OKC being the 2nd best team in the West and see where it falls. Spurs are old in the tooth but still are dangerous, I think OKC can outscore them now though.

14 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

One other thing I seriously doubt PG would have a problem with Westbrook taking the final shot. I mean CJ Miles isn't even in the ballpark of a Westbrook. Huge difference in thinking there.

27 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

OKC probably won't be good enough to beat the Warriors, but you need offense to beat the Warriors, and OKC should be able to put up 100+ points against almost everybody. They'll be a very good team, IMO.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

OKC probably won't be good enough to beat the Warriors, but you need offense to beat the Warriors, and OKC should be able to put up 100+ points against almost everybody. They'll be a very good team, IMO.

I thought even before this trade OKC would be in the WCFinals because of having Westy and PG and Adams. Now they have a guy that can shoot 3's and can score 40 points on any given night.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I thought even before this trade OKC would be in the WCFinals because of having Westy and PG and Adams. Now they have a guy that can shoot 3's and can score 40 points on any given night.

Yup. Carmelo obviously has his faults, and he may not be the star he was 4-5 years ago, but he is still a darn good scorer. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep and that is what you need to beat teams like Houston and GS. They wont beat GS but I would bet it  goes 6 or so

Yeah, I think the Warriors will take the West again. 

The East could be interesting. Cavs still have LeBron, but Boston should be really good. Maybe a LeBron led team won't make it this year?

Just now, RockThatBlue said:

Yeah, I think the Warriors will take the West again. 

The East could be interesting. Cavs still have LeBron, but Boston should be really good. Maybe a LeBron led team won't make it this year?

I never count out LeBron but he has to be sick of losing in the Finals and no way can the Cavs beat GS. I don't think they could beat OKC in a series right now with the Roster OKC has.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

One other thing I seriously doubt PG would have a problem with Westbrook taking the final shot. I mean CJ Miles isn't even in the ballpark of a Westbrook. Huge difference in thinking there.

I like Houston simply because I think Chris Paul is smart enough to be able to adjust his game.  But my point with this comment was that there's only one ball, and each of those guys wants it in their own hands.  At some point, egos come in and each guy thinks he's going to be the one to make the big shot.  Last year, OKC was all Westbrook and no one else.  This year, he has shooters/big names around him, so it'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.  I think they'll put up points, I just don't think they have what it takes to beat the Warriors.

2 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Agreed.  These games should be a shootout.  But I don't see them being able to keep up with the Warriors.  I like the George/Westbrook duo, but I think Carmelo is severely overrated.  He's a great offensive threat, but he plays no defense.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I like Houston simply because I think Chris Paul is smart enough to be able to adjust his game.  But my point with this comment was that there's only one ball, and each of those guys wants it in their own hands.  At some point, egos come in and each guy thinks he's going to be the one to make the big shot.  Last year, OKC was all Westbrook and no one else.  This year, he has shooters/big names around him, so it'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.  I think they'll put up points, I just don't think they have what it takes to beat the Warriors.

Agreed.  These games should be a shootout.  But I don't see them being able to keep up with the Warriors.  I like the George/Westbrook duo, but I think Carmelo is severely overrated.  He's a great offensive threat, but he plays no defense.

Nobody is beating GS, I just think OKC is better than Houston and the Spurs now. We will see? Melo is older but still is a great Offensive player that can provide points if Westbrook or PG is off.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

They are paying a lot of luxury tax.

Paul George has been straight calling this organization out. Saying the Thunder are an example of how a small market team does whatever they can to compete for a championship, and how he now sees the way other teams handle communication and developing a team.

I don't think that is entirely fair Paul...

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

Paul George has been straight calling this organization out. Saying the Thunder are an example of how a small market team does whatever they can to compete for a championship, and how he now sees the way other teams handle communication and developing a team.

Sam Presti is the same guy that didn't re-sign James Harden as well. So OKC has made their share of mistakes.

19 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

PG just needs to shut up.