Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

23 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I don't think they're too bad. Away unis look pretty cool. More of a modern look.

I like the darkones a  little bit better but dont care much for the white ones.  I guess the home team picks which jersey they want to wear this year so white isn't necessarily home and blue away anymore.  Kinda crazy.  I wonder if NIKE is going to do the name and number t shirts like adidas did. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I'd be surprised if we won. We will probably be a 35-40 win team, but OKC will be really good. Probably a top 3 or 4 team in the NBA. Top 5 at worst. They'll be tough.

I wouldn't be surprised at all. I'm expecting it. Pacers will play their best game of the season that night. No way they're gonna let PG come back and win

I think in Indy the Pacers can beat the Thunder since it will be icy cool with fans reception towards Princess Paul Georgina. Will be tougher on the road. In Indy it will feel like PG is coming home to a death match. lmao 

Celtics start in Cleveland too. YES. Get right to the heart of the beast EARLY. :rock:Although this Kyrie thing still seems to be in limbo.:scratch:

Sure the NFL is starting soon but I can't wait for some NBA......hell at this point I will even take Lonzo Ball.

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 4:07 PM, RockThatBlue said:

If Kyrie is gone you have to think LeBron will be gone after this season too. Maybe LeBron will end up in LA after all.

Yep, Lebron, PG, Lonzo Ball union seems inevitable in LA if Kyrie is gone to Celtics.

So, the league would love a Celtics vs Warriors or Lakers, a big market bonanza in the finals.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2017 at 0:56 PM, 21isSuperman said:

I'd throw Toronto in there too, and Milwaukee.  But after that, who do you have?  Charlotte?  Atlanta?  Miami? Detroit? All underwhelming teams

I think Charlotte, Miami and Detroit are all better than us. I have us at 32 wins max.

6 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

I think Charlotte, Miami and Detroit are all better than us. I have us at 32 wins max.

I'd like to see us tank and go for a top-5 pick (though I know it won't happen).  Maybe trade Thad, Lavoy Allen, and Al Jefferson for picks so younger guys like Sabonis, Leaf, and even Anigbogu can get more playing time.  Try to rebuild with a core of Lance (26), Myles Turner (21), and whatever draft pick we can get.  What would be really fun is if we get Mohamed Bamba and pair him up with Turner and have two towering Longhorns.  There's lots of young potential on this team, including Oladipo (25) and Sabonis (21), so we could be competing again in just a couple of years if this is done properly.

However, I think the Pacers are adamantly against tanking, so they'll probably be stuck in mediocrity.  Not good enough to make the playoffs/make a splash in the playoffs, but not bad enough to get a franchise player with a high draft pick.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I'd like to see us tank and go for a top-5 pick (though I know it won't happen).  Maybe trade Thad, Lavoy Allen, and Al Jefferson for picks so younger guys like Sabonis, Leaf, and even Anigbogu can get more playing time.  Try to rebuild with a core of Lance (26), Myles Turner (21), and whatever draft pick we can get.  What would be really fun is if we get Mohamed Bamba and pair him up with Turner and have two towering Longhorns.  There's lots of young potential on this team, including Oladipo (25) and Sabonis (21), so we could be competing again in just a couple of years if this is done properly.

However, I think the Pacers are adamantly against tanking, so they'll probably be stuck in mediocrity.  Not good enough to make the playoffs/make a splash in the playoffs, but not bad enough to get a franchise player with a high draft pick.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

"Stuck in mediocrity" is fitting.   They've been a well run franchise for decades now.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Myles said:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

"Stuck in mediocrity" is fitting.   They've been a well run franchise for decades now.   

It remains possible they strike gold with a mid round pick, like they did with Granger.  But I think the safer bet is to tank and rebuild.  There are plenty of young players on this team

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 11:56 PM, Jules said:

I think in Indy the Pacers can beat the Thunder since it will be icy cool with fans reception towards Princess Paul Georgina. Will be tougher on the road. In Indy it will feel like PG is coming home to a death match. lmao 

Celtics start in Cleveland too. YES. Get right to the heart of the beast EARLY. :rock:Although this Kyrie thing still seems to be in limbo.:scratch:

Sure the NFL is starting soon but I can't wait for some NBA......hell at this point I will even take Lonzo Ball.

Lonzo is going to ball out IMO. Lakers are back!

7 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

It remains possible they strike gold with a mid round pick, like they did with Granger.  But I think the safer bet is to tank and rebuild.  There are plenty of young players on this team

I'm not in favor of tanking.   I'm more in favor of securing a top 1-8 pick via trades.  

2 hours ago, Myles said:

I'm not in favor of tanking.   I'm more in favor of securing a top 1-8 pick via trades.  

What assets do we have that a team would want to trade with us?  Let's assume we get the 10th or 11th pick as a 35-win team.  You don't trade Myles because he's probably the (near) future franchise player.  Lance is awful away from Indy.  TJ Leaf doesn't get anyone excited.  We don't really have assets to trade to move up unless we package future picks

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

If we get a top pick I'd die if we got Shareef O'Neal lol hes a beast 

15 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

What assets do we have that a team would want to trade with us?  Let's assume we get the 10th or 11th pick as a 35-win team.  You don't trade Myles because he's probably the (near) future franchise player.  Lance is awful away from Indy.  TJ Leaf doesn't get anyone excited.  We don't really have assets to trade to move up unless we package future picks

That's why I was discourage about how the Pacers handled trading PG.   I think they could have bundled pick and him for a high 1st round pick.  

It's a bummer, but it is true that a small market team, in a less than desirable region, need to have a top 5 talent in order to attract top free agents.  

What are you thoughts on the Pacers? From the roster alone, it looks like the Pacers are going to tank this season, which doesn't make it worth watching. I'll probably skip most of the games. Do you think Oladipo can find his former self, or will he continue on his regression?

6 hours ago, IndyScribe said:

What are you thoughts on the Pacers? From the roster alone, it looks like the Pacers are going to tank this season, which doesn't make it worth watching. I'll probably skip most of the games. Do you think Oladipo can find his former self, or will he continue on his regression?

They won't tank, and that's the problem.  They have enough talent to be a mid-30 win team.  It's not like the roster is absolutely awful.  They have enough to be stuck in mediocrity.  Not good enough to compete, not bad enough to get a great pick.  Plus, the Pacers have historically been very much against tanking

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

Yeah not sure what kind of trouble Magic can get into here? Probably not much, just a huge fine is my guess. They may lose a Draft pick as well??

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah not sure what kind of trouble Magic can get into here? Probably not much, just a huge fine is my guess. They may lose a Draft pick as well??

Yeah, probably a fine or something. If the Lakers get PG in 2018, I'm sure Magic won't even care what the fine is anyway.

The NBA is now officially investigating it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They should have to forfeit their first round  draft pick to Indiana IF found guilty of tampering. However my guess it'll be some 5 figure maybe 6 figure fine

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

Wow.

Sources: Boston, Cleveland nearing deal on Kyrie Irving, but details still working to completion. Isaiah Thomas, Crowder, pick(s) in talks.

Wow, Boston really wants to go all in. Not sure it's enough to beat GSW but it's still a pretty stacked team. This pretty much confirms the fact that Lebron is leaving after the season is over.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

Wow, Boston really wants to go all in. Not sure it's enough to beat GSW but it's still a pretty stacked team. This pretty much confirms the fact that Lebron is leaving after the season is over.

LeBron might have a pretty good team around him if this trade happens, he may end up staying. 

13 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

LeBron might have a pretty good team around him if this trade happens, he may end up staying. 

I haven't been following them, what acquisitions have they made? If it's just the same players, then adding IT wouldn't help them at all. Even if it's a good team, it means nothing if he can't beat GSW. This year's team was pretty good, but they couldn't get past GSW. Unless there's a major improvement, Lebron is probably leaving.

25 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

I haven't been following them, what acquisitions have they made? If it's just the same players, then adding IT wouldn't help them at all. Even if it's a good team, it means nothing if he can't beat GSW. This year's team was pretty good, but they couldn't get past GSW. Unless there's a major improvement, Lebron is probably leaving.

Adding IT and possibly Tatum plus maybe picks? Not sure everything in the deal yet.