Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:20 PM, Jules said:

Oh Geez really?

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2017/10/lebron_james_ankle_shut_down_f.html

Lebron has a sore ankle and is in doubt for the season opener? I bet he plays but.........man oh man now we have to hear about this until game time. lmao  Kyrie vs. Lebron's ankle!!!!

Conspiracy theories already out there on this too since it's Lebron but I won't go there and spam even further.

Ridiculous.. I wonder how many ridiculous "injuries" we are going to see this NBA season with the new "resting" rules. They really need to stop. LeBron better play opening night.. I hope NBA's ratings drop too. This whole "resting" thing got out of hand last year. 

With that said, I can't believe the season starts Wed!! :billiejean:

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:56 PM, Jules said:

I watched some of the Celtics preseason when "the big 3" were playing a few games for a bit and I really did like what I saw. They need time to gel though but the talent and size of the Celtics is improved. 

Man oh man Kyrie Irving's presence must have lit a fire in the backup PGs in Boston since Marcus Smart has lost weight and improved his shot. And Rozier is getting better. Smart clearly is playing to get paid now too.

It's still too soon, but Jayson Tatum is A STUD. That guy has potential to be quite special. Such a smooth rookie.

The one who worries me at times in Boston is Jaylen Brown, he is kinda hot and cold but the talent is there.

Got to give this team time to gel but the mix of veterans and young talent is intriguing me for Brad Stevens to work with.

Didn't get to watch Cleveland but I hear Wade and Rose have looked pretty good at times.

Yeah lots of raving reviews for Tatum. Maybe Ainge got it right. I see two glaring weaknesses in Boston....3pt shooting and interior defense/rebounding. I think if Kyrie is healthy he is an mvp candidate this year. I think he is out to prove something...but no one on that team is an exceptional 3pt shooter. Wouldn't be surprised to see Smart get moved for a shooter...but that would hurt Boston's defense even more.

8 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Looks like GR3's ankle injury was worse than previously announced and he will now probably be out until after the all-star break. I feel bad for him.

It's too bad he had a huge opportunity to really take off. We really need him too. The young guys have looked encouraging I can't wait for some real ball.

Markelle Fultz will start the year coming off the bench.  The coach stated he didn't get enough reps in the pre season due to injury.  Can the 76ers catch a break with injuries?  Embiid, Simmons and now Fultz.  They have so much potential.  All though, I'll say I think Lonzo will be better than Fultz.  I know a lot of people want/ think he'll fail because his dad is an * but he's not like his dad imo.  We'll see though, I am anxious for the season to start.  It's only 1 day away.  Cavs Celtics should be interesting lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Markelle Fultz will start the year coming off the bench.  The coach stated he didn't get enough reps in the pre season due to injury.  Can the 76ers catch a break with injuries?  Embiid, Simmons and now Fultz.  They have so much potential.  All though, I'll say I think Lonzo will be better than Fultz.  I know a lot of people want/ think he'll fail because his dad is an * but he's not like his dad imo.  We'll see though, I am anxious for the season to start.  It's only 1 day away.  Cavs Celtics should be interesting lol

I predict a Warriors/Celtics Finals this season. Warriors in 6. I like OKC a lot but I don't think they can beat the Warriors but I do think they can take them 6 or 7 games with Westy/PG/Melo/Adams. I see that working there. Spurs are old up front and I am not sold on Harden and CP3 blending. I think Celtics can take the Cavs, LeBron has no Kyrie now and law of averages says he doesn't make it back.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I predict a Warriors/Celtics Finals this season. Warriors in 6. I like OKC a lot but I don't think they can beat the Warriors but I do think they can take them 6 or 7 games with Westy/PG/Melo/Adams. I see that working there. Spurs are old up front and I am not sold on Harden and CP3 blending. I think Celtics can take the Cavs, LeBron has no Kyrie now and law of averages says he doesn't make it back.

I hope your right.  I'd like to not see the Cavs/Warriors again.  I'd like to see Celtics Warriors or Celtics Thunder even.  Something different.  I'll have to see how the Cavs mesh.  A lot of egos on that team(LeBron, Rose, Thomas, Wade, Jr etc).  I think the Thunder will make the conference finals.  I think the Rockets will be lucky to get out of the first round.  I don't see CP3 and Harden playing well together because they both need the ball in their hands.  Unfortunately, I think our respective teams are going to have down years and be in the lottery next year.  At least you guys have Oladipo and Turner to build around.  At least my Bulls have LaVine and Markenten to build around.  Going to be rough for our teams.  I enjoy watching the NBA in general though. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I hope your right.  I'd like to not see the Cavs/Warriors again.  I'd like to see Celtics Warriors or Celtics Thunder even.  Something different.  I'll have to see how the Cavs mesh.  A lot of egos on that team(LeBron, Rose, Thomas, Wade, Jr etc).  I think the Thunder will make the conference finals.  I think the Rockets will be lucky to get out of the first round.  I don't see CP3 and Harden playing well together because they both need the ball in their hands.  Unfortunately, I think our respective teams are going to have down years and be in the lottery next year.  At least you guys have Oladipo and Turner to build around.  At least my Bulls have LaVine and Markenten to build around.  Going to be rough for our teams.  I enjoy watching the NBA in general though. 

I want OKC but I don't see anyone beating the Warriors. I know the Pacers aren't doing anything so OKC is who I am rooting for when the post season rolls around.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I want OKC but I don't see anyone beating the Warriors. I know the Pacers aren't doing anything so OKC is who I am rooting for when the post season rolls around.

Yea I like Westbrook, George and I've always loved Melo.  I think they'll have a good team.  Should be a 2 or 3 seed in the West.  Anything lower than that they are underachieving. 

I can't even watch the rest of this game. That injury just sucked the energy right out of me. I will follow the score from time to time though. My boyfriend is a Celtics fan and he is freaking the hell out.

OMG...........

First Luck, then Rodgers and now Gordon Hayward? I am cursed.

I had the Celtics maybe even going to the finals this year and all and in the first quarter of his Celtics career, Hayward gets maybe the worst basketball injury I have ever seen on live television.

This game is over anyway, Celtics are shook up bad.

If any Utah fans dare bring up karma I will go insane.

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

I can't even watch the rest of this game. That injury just sucked the energy right out of me. I will follow the score from time to time though. My boyfriend is a Celtics fan and he is freaking the hell out.

OMG...........

First Luck, then Rodgers and now Gordon Hayward? I am cursed.

I had the Celtics maybe even going to the finals this year and all and in the first quarter of his Celtics career, Hayward gets maybe the worst basketball injury I have ever seen on live television.

This game is over anyway, Celtics are shook up bad.

If any Utah fans dare bring up karma I will go insane.

There's no way on God's green earth the Celtics win tonight. I don't know how they can recover from that. It's gruesome. It's awful. It's horrendous. Such a shame. I really wonder why God lets a terrible thing like this happen

Just now, Luck is Good said:

There's no way on God's green earth the Celtics win tonight. I don't know how they can recover from that. It's gruesome. It's awful. It's horrendous. Such a shame. I really wonder why God lets a terrible thing like this happen

I don't even know what the heck to say. Gordon is a good guy too and well I can't even believe it. His leg bent so weird and it just like..........it was on live tv. Holy crap........the whole arena went silent. Even Cavs players cried.

THE OPENING GAME of the ENTIRE season.

He went back to join up with Brad Stevens and this happens? It's heartbreaking, I am sure Brad is feeling it too inside.

Boston was looking kinda smooth there before the injury, and that might honestly be our only highlight of this team together.

Jaylen Brown was walking away with his mouth dropped open. Lebron looked shook up. I think that was Kyrie in tears in the huddle and Al Horford stayed calm and kept it together.

Not watching the rest of this game but will turn on the Warriors later. Based on a score check the Celtics fizzled out a lot.

I am sure Boston now has to make another move since there is a HUGE gap now...........holy crap.

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I should have never searched for the video

I saw it on live tv. I can't almost believe it happened on live tv........and we all saw it.

But they are not showing it over I have noticed but I turned the game off after they carried Gordon out.

Just now, oldunclemark said:

I don't ever remember him being hurt before...and I agree,..I don't want to see the replay again

I don't remember him having any injuries either outside of minor knee and ankle things I believe that were never serious.

Just now, oldunclemark said:

Cavs bench will be much better with Thompson, JR, Korver and Shumpert..and eventually Rose

I would love to see the Cavs win it all like I say every year, but sadly unless the Warriors have a major issue happening, they are going to be too tough to beat until proven otherwise.

But the Cavs do have better depth now possibly........if IT can return that is.

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

I don't even know what the heck to say. Gordon is a good guy too and well I can't even believe it. His leg bent so weird and it just like..........it was on live tv. Holy crap........the whole arena went silent. Even Cavs players cried.

THE OPENING GAME of the ENTIRE season.

He went back to join up with Brad Stevens and this happens? It's heartbreaking, I am sure Brad is feeling it too inside.

Boston was looking kinda smooth there before the injury, and that might honestly be our only highlight of this team together.

Jaylen Brown was walking away with his mouth dropped open. Lebron looked shook up. I think that was Kyrie in tears in the huddle and Al Horford stayed calm and kept it together.

Not watching the rest of this game but will turn on the Warriors later. Based on a score check the Celtics fizzled out a lot.

I am sure Boston now has to make another move since there is a HUGE gap now...........holy crap.

You're correct in saying it was Kyrie with tears in the huddle. It's just terrible. You know it's bad when the whole arena is just in shock and disbelief. And players from both teams just stunned and amazed at what they saw. I don't know if the Celtics will recover at all this season. Maybe they'll rally for Hayward. I have no idea. It's just awful in every sense of the word

Just now, Luck is Good said:

You're correct in saying it was Kyrie with tears in the huddle. It's just terrible. You know it's bad when the whole arena is just in shock and disbelief. And players from both teams just stunned and amazed at what they saw. I don't know if the Celtics will recover at all this season. Maybe they'll rally for Hayward. I have no idea. It's just awful in every sense of the word

If Kyrie can go on a hot streak they could possibly snag him an MVP maybe. But he bonded well with Hayward I heard in his short time in Boston so far. He must feel like crap.

Like you I think this will be very tough for Boston to recover from, also since Brad Stevens is like a father/big brother figure to Gordon so he would have to make the team rally for Hayward.

This is just horrible.........not much can be said about it that goes beyond horrible.

Have to think Boston tries to make another move in a trade or pick someone else up.

10 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Its funny...I dont even think of season-ending injuries in basketball..

Don't even consider it..

..Boston cant make many changes..they traded players and cleared salary to get Gordon

12 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I've even gotta give LeBron props. I know crazy right? But in all seriousness, he was underneath the basket when that happened. He went over there to Hayward and consoled him when put on the stretcher. Good sportsmanship

Lebron be like "Wait a damn second. Celtics are SUPPOSED to be in the finals to lose to the Warriors, so I can lose before the finals and have an excuse to go to L.A. Now what?"

Just kidding. 

Lebron did look shook up. And he knows it could be him hurt like that or anyone. It's just horrible. It's just like what did anyone do to even deserve this?  And he shook his hand before they took Gordon away.

Oh Gordon.:( This hurts.........I wanted him and Brad to thrive together soooooo bad.

And how could this even happen? Your FIRST quarter on a new team? He didn't even get to play in Boston in a real game yet.:hissy: In a way it's better it happened in Cleveland since if it happened in Boston the crowd would be a wreck and in tears.

Even worse, he played in preseason fine without even getting a scratch.