Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Turner is not a SuperStar, he is Good but there is a big difference.

No one disagrees with you. He can still be a star without having to be a superstar. I don't know if he'll ever become a superstar, but an All-star isn't out of the question if he continues to develop.

• Like 2

On 10/22/2017 at 8:08 AM, PrincetonTiger said:

I really like what is going on with the Pacers

I agree. I didn't like keeping Wilkins around make him a coach. I think we could have found a wing that could've helped the team. We need the help for sure. It's lame we are going to be without Turner for a 3rd game. We are looking at falling into an early hole. A back to back with @Minn and @OKC then home for the Spurs is a tough week. 

On 10/22/2017 at 6:05 PM, RockThatBlue said:

Wow, Phoenix has already canned their coach.

I love how they got lit up by Lonzo Ball nights ago. haha 

Lakers are funny. They are too young and inconsistent as heck, but sometimes I see these flashes that excite me, oddly.......

• Like 1

Interesting first week of the NBA.  Warriors are 2-2, Cavs got blown out by the Magic at home, Hayward and Linn went down for the season, Harden and Chalmers about got into a huge brawl, Curry and Durant got ejected in the same game and the Grizzlies look like the best team in the NBA.  Only week 1 though!  What's everyone's thoughts on Rookie of the Year?  Simmons?  Ball?  Smith Jr?  Someone else?  Simmons is putting up some crazy good numbers.  Ball had a bad first game but is still averaging 14 9 and 8.  He needs his shooting percentage to go up though.  He's the youngest player in Lakers history to record at least 12 assists in a game.  He was one assist shy of getting a triple double vs the Suns which would have made him the youngest player to ever record a triple double in the NBA.  I think he'll get one.  I lean towards Simmons, with Ball a close 2nd. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Paul George isn't here so we have no chance to win it all. I just speak the truth. Yeah I loved the performance tonight but we wont do anything this year.

Then why waist you time with watching them?  None of us think there is a championship coming here but we as fans do care how they play. They played one of their best games in history tonight and all you care to do is be negative.

As far as George is concerned he can go to hades. He lied to all of us about his commitment to this team.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Paul George isn't here so we have no chance to win it all. I just speak the truth. Yeah I loved the performance tonight but we wont do anything this year.

.   I just want to make the playoffs..That's something to me.

I want our team to get that shot in the post-season....

The East is wide open

Edited by oldunclemark

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What did PG ever do in Indy besides complain and point the finger? When did he ever take this team anywhere. He didn't in fact he couldn't get better than a 7th seed. He changed his number more times than playoff series won. 

He was not the leader of the team for our run in 2013. We saw what happened with PG leading the way.. We are not talking about Reggie, JO or any of the great players that have stepped on the court in a Pacers uniform. PG did nothing except quit when he became the leader. It was to hard he needed more help he wanted to go home... He sure didn't win anything.  

We just played a fantastic game. The team looks to be on the rise. Vic and Sabonis are playing well. Things are just fine in Indy.hopefully Myles is back soon. I like this team hopefully one day they will live up to the lofty standard set by PG.  

6 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

I can't believe some people on here wanted to give Jeff Teague a max deal...

I admit it Blue..........if we had been able to Paul George, I was one of those people.

Teague seemed so slow against Collison and Oladipo Tuesday night..Just couldn't keep up.

We're young but this is the up tempo attack Larry Bird talked about for 2 years

Edited by oldunclemark

34 minutes ago, akcolt said:

What did PG ever do in Indy besides complain and point the finger? When did he ever take this team anywhere. He didn't in fact he couldn't get better than a 7th seed. He changed his number more times than playoff series won. 

He was not the leader of the team for our run in 2013. We saw what happened with PG leading the way.. We are not talking about Reggie, JO or any of the great players that have stepped on the court in a Pacers uniform. PG did nothing except quit when he became the leader. It was to hard he needed more help he wanted to go home... He sure didn't win anything.  

We just played a fantastic game. The team looks to be on the rise. Vic and Sabonis are playing well. Things are just fine in Indy.hopefully Myles is back soon. I like this team hopefully one day they will live up to the lofty standard set by PG.  

Yeah he was only the best player on our team when we took Miami 7 games in the ECFinals. We lost to a Superteam in LeBron, Wade, Bosh. How's is that nothing. We actually went to 2 straight ECFinals. If everyone in here thinks we are so good, then go to go Vegas and bet on the Pacers to win it all.

Not trying to be negative but we will be lucky to make the Playoffs and if we do it's highly unlikely we win a series. People are just dissing PG because he left here but the facts are he took us to 2 straight ECFinals being our best player. The only other Very Good player he had for help was David West - who isn't Great, he was Very Good. Hill and Lance were decent, Hibbert had his moments but PG wasn't surrounded by all-stars. We lost to a loaded Miami team. I hope I eat crow and the Pacers have an outstanding season but I don't see it.

2 minutes ago, buccolts said:

Perhaps, and how unfortunate.

The NBA would be so much more watchable without them.

Watching the Pacers is fun right now. They're easy to root for.

They are fun to watch but we aren't going to win anything big until we get at least 1 SuperStar. It never happens in the NBA. The 2004 Pistons was a rare exception but I could even argue Billups was a SuperStar and they were deep with a HOFame Coach in Larry Brown.

They are fun to watch but we aren't going to win anything big until we get at least 1 SuperStar. It never happens in the NBA. The 2004 Pistons was a rare exception but I could even argue Billups was a SuperStar and they were deep with a HOFame Coach in Larry Brown.

Oladipo could be on his way to being a star. He's been very impressive so far 

13 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Oladipo could be on his way to being a star. He's been very impressive so far 

Ohhh yeah if he keeps it up this way all season he definitely will be.  He's playing exceptional and showing signs of being the leader of this Pacers team.  The team has a lot of solid young talent.  

• Like 2

watching the game tonight.  the team is more interesting than i thought they would be this year

a stat caught my eye too. oladipo is averaging almost the same exact points per game as paul did last year, on slightly better shooting. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

watching the game tonight.  the team is more interesting than i thought they would be this year

a stat caught my eye too. oladipo is averaging almost the same exact points per game as paul did last year, on slightly better shooting. 

Hes averaging 2 more points than PG is this year.

• Like 2

I thought you said you wasn't trying to be negative? That is all you have been with your every comment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

Yeah he plays D really well also and gets a ton of steals.