Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

I haven't been able to watch a lot of the Pacers so far but it has been fun to watch from what I have seen. I wasn't upset like some about trading PG for Victor and Sabonis but I still didn't imagine both to play this well. Hopefully they can keep it up.

1 minute ago, ar7 said:

I haven't been able to watch a lot of the Pacers so far but it has been fun to watch from what I have see. I wasn't upset like some about trading PG for Victor and Sabonis but I still didn't imagine both to play this well. Hopefully they can keep it up.

I wasn't expecting it either. I figured Oladipo would be better than Ellis, but not this much better.

Just now, ar7 said:

I haven't been able to watch a lot of the Pacers so far but it has been fun to watch from what I have see. I wasn't upset like some about trading PG for Victor and Sabonis but I still didn't imagine both to play this well. Hopefully they can keep it up.

The reason I hated the trade was because the Pacers didn’t get a first round pick as well. But I would be lying if I said I loved the acquisitions in the first place. They have completely blown my expectations out of the water

44 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I wasn't expecting it either. I figured Oladipo would be better than Ellis, but not this much better.

I thought Oladipo would blossom here..I really did.

But I am shocked at Sabonis....I thought he had potential...

He's averaging a double double and shooting almost 70% from the floor. Nobody does that.

..and he's been in foul trouble in more than one game...we stole him

Edited by oldunclemark
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Luck is Good said:

The reason I hated the trade was because the Pacers didn’t get a first round pick as well. But I would be lying if I said I loved the acquisitions in the first place. They have completely blown my expectations out of the water

I was neutral on the trade but was happy to see George out of here. He was not a leader and didn't make the players around him better like leaders do.

10 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I thought Oladipo would blossom here..I really did.

But I am shocked at Sabonis....I thought he had potential...

He's averaging a double double and shooting almost 70% from the floor. Nobody does that.

..and he's been in foul trouble in more than one game...we stole him

This is what I thought too I think you and I might have been the most optimistic about the trade. Vic is comfortable and the year with OKC helped. He saw the work a guy like Westbrook puts in. They have similar skills Vic is like a Westy lite. He went from college to savior of the Magic. That year at OKC was the first time he wasn't expected to be the man. I really think that helped him.   

I knew Sabonis was going to surprise a lot of people. OKC made him a stretch his game is around the paint. He can hit the 3 pretty sure he drop one vs the Spurs but not his strength. He was a monster at Gonzaga. I knew he'd play well being back around the paint and his game is perfect for the pick and roll. Who could've expected him to play this well this quickly?  The trade is looking pretty good. We did get lottery picks back a #2  and a #11. 

I am ready for Myles to return and see how Nate handles the line up. You hate to see one of your best players miss time but there's a silver lining. We got a good look at Sabonis and let's not forget TJ. He's been a pleasant surprise after his summer league and preseason play. I wasn't sure we'd get much from him.

When I saw @Minn @OKC and SA on the schedule I'm not going to lie I was trying to figure how we could get one and avoid a big hole before Myles returned. 2-1 is great and we hung around with OKC. We were playing the second of a back and back. I really like this team. We get Myles back Bog's shots starting to fall. We just need Lance to pick it up. That's the reason I think we see Sabonis back with the second unit. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I was neutral on the trade but was happy to see George out of here. He was not a leader and didn't make the players around him better like leaders do.

True and Victor seems like a leader. He already loves this state so I’m completely onboard with him

• Like 2

2 hours ago, akcolt said:

This is what I thought too I think you and I might have been the most optimistic about the trade. Vic is comfortable and the year with OKC helped. He saw the work a guy like Westbrook puts in. They have similar skills Vic is like a Westy lite. He went from college to savior of the Magic. That year at OKC was the first time he wasn't expected to be the man. I really think that helped him.   

I knew Sabonis was going to surprise a lot of people. OKC made him a stretch his game is around the paint. He can hit the 3 pretty sure he drop one vs the Spurs but not his strength. He was a monster at Gonzaga. I knew he'd play well being back around the paint and his game is perfect for the pick and roll. Who could've expected him to play this well this quickly?  The trade is looking pretty good. We did get lottery picks back a #2  and a #11. 

I am ready for Myles to return and see how Nate handles the line up. You hate to see one of your best players miss time but there's a silver lining. We got a good look at Sabonis and let's not forget TJ. He's been a pleasant surprise after his summer league and preseason play. I wasn't sure we'd get much from him.

When I saw @Minn @OKC and SA on the schedule I'm not going to lie I was trying to figure how we could get one and avoid a big hole before Myles returned. 2-1 is great and we hung around with OKC. We were playing the second of a back and back. I really like this team. We get Myles back Bog's shots starting to fall. We just need Lance to pick it up. That's the reason I think we see Sabonis back with the second unit. 

All good points but we also can't overlook Robinson returning. He will bring another dimension to this team.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

All good points but we also can't overlook Robinson returning. He will bring another dimension to this team.

I will be glad to get GR3 back. It was really unfortunate we lost him for so long. We are looking at the All -Star break before he returns. That's the only problem I had with the roster. I felt like we should find a wing that could contribute more than Wilkins. He's 37 never been a good 3pt shooter. I just don't see what he brings.

I'd like to see Joe Young get some run. He would fit right in with this up tempo style. If we let him be what he is instead trying to turn him into a PG. The kid is a scorer and would thrive in an up and down game. We might get a look at some point. 

2 hours ago, akcolt said:

I will be glad to get GR3 back. It was really unfortunate we lost him for so long. We are looking at the All -Star break before he returns. That's the only problem I had with the roster. I felt like we should find a wing that could contribute more than Wilkins. He's 37 never been a good 3pt shooter. I just don't see what he brings.

I'd like to see Joe Young get some run. He would fit right in with this up tempo style. If we let him be what he is instead trying to turn him into a PG. The kid is a scorer and would thrive in an up and down game. We might get a look at some point. 

I am pretty sure we will. There is bound to be an injury or a time when the coaches will want to see more of him and what he can do.

Holy crap, the Celtics have been on FIRE so far in this game vs. the Spurs. 4th quarter so lets see if they can hold on but they are crazy.

And Kyrie's defense is improving with the Celtics.

And in the meantime on the Cavs forums, they spend half their time watching and analyzing Kyrie on the Celtics. 

• Like 1

Not to take away the Pacers highlights from beating the Spurs, but the Celtics tonight just pummeled the stuffing out of them.

I should never had doubted the Celtics when Hayward got hurt, just imagine how good they could be with him.

But Brad Stevens always finds a way. He is that good. He is making Kyrie a better player already this early in the year and Cavs fans have been noticing how much more engaged Kyrie seems on both ends.

I love me some Brad Stevens. :heart:

2 minutes ago, Jules said:

Not to take away the Pacers highlights from beating the Spurs, but the Celtics tonight just pummeled the stuffing out of them.

I should never had doubted the Celtics when Hayward got hurt, just imagine how good they could be with him.

But Brad Stevens always finds a way. He is that good. He is making Kyrie a better player already this early in the year and Cavs fans have been noticing how much more engaged Kyrie seems on both ends.

I love me some Brad Stevens. :heart:

You scared me for a minute, I thought you meant C's beat Indy lmao. I didn't think Indy played tonight. C's beat Spurs, I just now looked it up.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You scared me for a minute, I thought you meant C's beat Indy lmao. I didn't think Indy played tonight. C's beat Spurs, I just now looked it up.

lmao 

No the Spurs. Yeah the Spurs have been through a rough patch lately now.

I know the Celtics will lose again but I am starting to wonder now if they are better defensively without Isaiah? Kyrie was always ragged about his defense and he does get lazy there at times, but he seems to be developing better then IT did as an all around player under Stevens early on.

IT could score like a crazy person don't get me wrong, but defensively he was BAD. And if he returns to the Cavs, he won't help them there on defense either.

But I hate to ever rag on IT since he is so darn short and he always tried so hard.

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

Do you think the Pacers defense is better this year? 

I used to think Paul George could get lazy at times.

PG was actually a Good Defensive player but he did take nights off. What is a matter with Cleveland? I know it's early and LeBron generally coasts during the Regular Season but they don't look good so far.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

PG was actually a Good Defensive player but he did take nights off. What is a matter with Cleveland? I know it's early and LeBron generally coasts during the Regular Season but they don't look good so far.

Not sure. On the Cavs forums they are wondering if it works out like usual later on but they think the same old lazy style of play and the bad coaching and relying just on Lebron is showing up again.

I am sure they win again soon but losing to the Knicks is just like..........bad. Very very bad.

I saw this one post from a Cavs fan though:

Always knew the biggest problem with Kyrie was the coaching here.

He's never in his career had anyone close to the coach as Stevens. I don't think Stevens is going to re-invent him.

He's never going to be a true point guard, and will never be a great defender. But I think he can work out some of the kinks in Kyrie though.

I think we can get dispel this notion he can't be on a winning team without LB.

Always thought the record when LB sits was misleading. One, the entire team is built to play off him. Two, Ty Lue is that bad of coach, and coaches his entire team to play off LeBron, because he himself doesn't know another way.

Or if he does, he's just has failed to get it across.

In Boston, none of that. Stevens has an actual system that's not surrounded by one guy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

Not sure. On the Cavs forums they are wondering if it works out like usual later on but they think the same old lazy style of play and the bad coaching and relying just on Lebron is showing up again.

I am sure they win again soon but losing to the Knicks is just like..........bad. Very very bad.

I saw this one post from a Cavs fan though:

Yeah Brad is awesome! I CONCUR

• Like 1