Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

9 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Thad is good I was excited when we traded for him he struggled last year but I heard he had some wrist problems all year he's healthy and playing good now as our veteran leader 

The thing about his wrist injury is a very good point.   Clearly there was a reason he couldn't shoot last year.

I have thought that he might be dealt to a contender (Cavs could use any body who can play defense) at the trade deadline but his value is up. I want to make the playoffs and unless we plan to play Myles and Sabonis on the floor at the same time, we need Thad Young.

But we have two obviously very tradable players (Young and Bogdonavic). I'm not sure what will happen.

46 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

The thing about his wrist injury is a very good point.   Clearly there was a reason he couldn't shoot last year.

I have thought that he might be dealt to a contender (Cavs could use any body who can play defense) at the trade deadline but his value is up. I want to make the playoffs and unless we plan to play Myles and Sabonis on the floor at the same time, we need Thad Young.

But we have two obviously very tradable players (Young and Bogdonavic). I'm not sure what will happen.

I'd like to move thad to SF I like him better then bog 

We could play DC VO Thad Turner and DS

• Like 1

Great game, I guess. Still not too sure about this team. They're fun to watch, but I have no idea where they will place. I'm afraid that if they get the 8th seed in the playoffs, the draft position is ruined and the Pacers miss out on a lot of good talent. They need a superstar to pair with Myles/Dipo/Sabonis, unless Myles takes a huge step. 

3 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Not sure about Bogdanovic's trade value. I agree with Thad. I don't think he should be traded now but later, maybe around February. 

26 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

Great game, I guess. Still not too sure about this team. They're fun to watch, but I have no idea where they will place. I'm afraid that if they get the 8th seed in the playoffs, the draft position is ruined and the Pacers miss out on a lot of good talent. They need a superstar to pair with Myles/Dipo/Sabonis, unless Myles takes a huge step. 

Not sure about Bogdanovic's trade value. I agree with Thad. I don't think he should be traded now but later, maybe around February. 

Till the owner is willing to go over the cap there will be no superstar signed.

9 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

What has happened to Lance Stephenson.?

I thought he would thrive in an up tempo system and he cant make a shot to save his life

What happened?

People on this forum have definitely overrated him. He gave us energy last year and his shot was falling, but I can see why no other team in the league wants Lance on their team. He plays out of control way too much and if his shot isn't falling, he really shouldn't be on the court.

However he does seem to have some chemistry with Sabonis which is why Damo played with the backups more in the game against the Cavs. Hopefully Lance is more effective when Myles comes back as a result. 

9 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

What has happened to Lance Stephenson.?

I thought he would thrive in an up tempo system and he cant make a shot to save his life

What happened?

He still brings spark and fire to the team even if his shot is off. He plays decent Defense and is a Good Passer that finds the open man. When he's on, his Offense is just an added bonus.

9 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I'd like to move thad to SF I like him better then bog 

We could play DC VO Thad Turner and DS

Myles Turner is a rim protector. He needs to stay at center. Bringing Sabonis off the bench gives them rebounding and energy as the bench has been struggling with Al Jefferson on the floor. Plus Bogdonovic is a much better 3 point shooter than Thad which is helpful in the starting lineup.

I'd only use a Turner-Sabonis front court if we play a bigger team like the Pelicans.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

Myles Turner is a rim protector. He needs to stay at center. Bringing Sabonis off the bench gives them rebounding and energy as the bench has been struggling with Al Jefferson on the floor. Plus Bogdonovic is a much better 3 point shooter than Thad which is helpful in the starting lineup.

I'd only use a Turner-Sabonis front court if we play a bigger team like the Pelicans.

I have to say so far I love what I am seeing out of our team. I thought we would stink this year but the unselfishness and balance we have has the Pacers playing Good Basketball. Dipo and Sabonis both are much better than I thought.

8 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I bet both start both are too good for the second unit 

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

I bet both start both are too good for the second unit 

It's not about who's "too good" to play for the second unit. We need to have a balance so that both the starters and the bench play well. There's nothing wrong with Damo being the sixth man and he will still get his share of minutes with the starters.

The only game Lance played well was game 1 when Damo was coming off the bench. They have good chemistry and Lance especially needs anything he can get right now.

Just now, Bluefire4 said:

It's not about who's "too good" to play for the second unit. We need to have a balance so that both the starters and the bench play well. There's nothing wrong with Damo being the sixth man and he will still get his share of minutes with the starters.

The only game Lance played well was game 1 when Damo was coming off the bench. They have good chemistry and Lance especially needs anything he can get right now.

Im just telling you don't be surprised 

Like bleed blue was saying to me earlier in the thread they wanted Myles to be a stretch 4 but were forced to play him at the 5 cause of our lack of a good 5 now we solved that problem 

7 hours ago, IndyScribe said:

I don't worry too much about that. If you think about it, the year Paul George broke his leg we were one game out of the playoffs and had the 11th pick. That pick turned into Myles Turner. Looking at how TJ Leaf is performing, this team is pretty good at drafting.

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Im just telling you don't be surprised 

Like bleed blue was saying to me earlier in the thread they wanted Myles to be a stretch 4 but were forced to play him at the 5 cause of our lack of a good 5 now we solved that problem 

I get where you're coming from, I just don't understand the people who want Myles to be a stretch 4 when he is one of the best shot blockers in the league. Why would we have him guard other stretch fours and leave Sabonis in the paint who has shown he can rebound, but has shown nothing in regards to defending at the rim. 

But I'll be happy with whatever works.

• Like 1

Just now, Bluefire4 said:

I get where you're coming from, I just don't understand the people who want Myles to be a stretch 4 when he is one of the best shot blockers in the league. Why would we have him guard other stretch fours and leave Sabonis in the paint who has shown he can rebound, but has shown nothing in regards to defending at the rim. 

If sobonis was as good a shooter as Turner it would be ok but I think Myles is better and has more range 

4 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I don't worry too much about that. If you think about it, the year Paul George broke his leg we were one game out of the playoffs and had the 11th pick. That pick turned into Myles Turner. Looking at how TJ Leaf is performing, this team is pretty good at drafting.

I have a feeling we will be a top 5 seed in the East 

1 hour ago, Bluefire4 said:

Yeah Myles is good at protecting the rim. I’d play him at the 5 and Sabonis at the 4. Those two have to start together. Move Thad Young to the bench. That would be ideal

42 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

My God the Spurs on fire, up 30-12

I had no doubt in my mind the Warriors would come back. This series is becoming predictable too. The Spurs jump early.. the crowd goes wild. Then they just relax and the Warriors come back. I'm expected a warriors double digit win

1 minute ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I had no doubt in my mind the Warriors would come back. This series is becoming predictable too. The Spurs jump early.. the crowd goes wild. Then they just relax and the Warriors come back. I'm expected a warriors double digit win

Yeah Spurs better come out and win the 3rd Qtr if not you may be right.

1 minute ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Yupp.

Is it crazy we are watching a November NBA game over an NFL game? I'm switching back and forth, but definitely spending more time watching basketball.

Yeah I still haven't watched any of the NFL game but I will check the score here in a minute. I have had my TV on TNT since this game has started.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I still haven't watched any of the NFL game but I will check the score here in a minute. I have had my TV on TNT since this game has started.

That's what they get giving us Jets vs Bills... I don't know why TNF games cant go with the rest of the primetime game rules. The Jets should NOT be on primetime..

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

The point about Myles being a 'rim protector' is right on.

Is it possible for Sabonis to play the 4 on defense (that's iffy) and the '5' on offense where he sets great screens

...allowing Myles to play the '4' on offense (he can face the basket and shoot) and the '5' on defense, where he can block shots?

Even that will cut down on Sabonis' rebounding.

We may have to simply split time

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

The point about Myles being a 'rim protector' is right on.

Is it possible for Sabonis to play the 4 on defense (that's iffy) and the '5' on offense where he sets great screens

...allowing Myles to play the '4' on offense (he can face the basket and shoot) and the '5' on defense, where he can block shots?

Even that will cut down on Sabonis' rebounding.

We may have to simply split time

Its honestly just that simple.. Turner has the potential to be a Kevin Garnett-type player.