Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

That's a bad loss considering we were up big most of the game, but that is what you can expect from a young team. Porzingis was unstoppable in the second half.

I see people that are looking at our fast start and thinking we'll easily be in the playoffs but I suggest proceeding with caution. I still see this team winning 32 games maximum right now.

• Like 1

These last two games are probably a good indicator of what's different now that PG isn't here. I like this squad much better than I thought I would (I figured it would literally be unwatchable, I was wrong- it's not great, but... better than unwatchable). They're a very underwhelming defensive team now. If the offense disappears for too long at any point in the game, they'll suck.

10 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

wow..up 17 and lost...couldn't guard Porzingis..

..time to get back home

Granted I don't follow any other team as closely as I do the Pacers. We have to be the best team at giving up double digit second half leads. I have never seen anything like it. How did Vic Sabonis Bogy and the rest of the new guys pick it up so quickly. Amazing 

Whoa, there are some serious discussions going on by Cavs fans about Kyrie Irving this season, this is from tonight from the Cavs forums:

What happened to all the predictions about the Celtics being a lottery team?

What happened to all the posters saying Kyrie couldn't fill Isaiah's role?

Celtics are looking pretty good right now, and Kyrie isn't even playing his best ball yet.

This should go to show how important coaching, culture, system, and forming an actual gameplan matters towards sustained winning and everyone having ample buy-in. Sometimes it's not enough to just say "look over there, that's the best player in the world; now be happy."

Actually I never did think of this before myself. I do think myself included got into this habit of thinking "You should be happy Kyrie you get to play with Lebron, he's the best so shut up kid."

And more.......

Very few people are on his level when he goes off like that. There was a reason Bron deferred to him at times and allowed him to take more shots.

Boston never had a 9 game streak under IT. Irving is also a vastly superior defender, his rating is 93 iirc. 

They look more balance compared to the IT hero ball from last year. Irving's job is much harder, because he has to lead young guys, IT was leading experienced players. Be honest, you did not see Boston being this good, I didn't...

And this.......

I agree, but we need to stop comparing the Celtics to the Cavs. No one is saying we think they can beat us, or that a team led with Kyrie is beating LeBron.

But it looks obvious, we as a TEAM, desperately miss Kyrie, and we are definitely a worse team without him.

The trade sucked. I like Crowder, he's good. I don't have much faith IT comes back to what he was, be we shall see.

Yes, our defense blows, and Kyrie doesn't fix that one bit, but our offense is no longer dynamic.

You guys can say what you want, but I actually do think Kyrie helped LeBron too. A lot on offense, because the defense had to game plan and focus a lot of Kyrie, opening up a lot for LeBron.

That's gone, everyone is focusing on LB and don't fear anyone else. Definitely not Love.

Sorry guys, I am like literally stuck usually on the Celtics, Cavs and sometimes Lakers. lmao 

But the Kyrie thing fascinates me. Most said he was a ball hog who couldn't play defense or win without Lebron. In Boston it's still early in the year and he looks to be in the perfect situation improving as a more balanced player in a new system.

Now I do love Lebron James the player but lately I am questioning a few things too and wondering if being a sidekick to him really IS that difficult as a player? When Lebron doesn't play the Cavs suck, they lose. 

On 11/5/2017 at 11:49 PM, oldunclemark said:

wow..up 17 and lost...couldn't guard Porzingis..

..time to get back home

Knicks are shockingly not as bad right now either, they are in the playoff picture if it were today. I agree the big loss blown is bad, very Colts like. lmao  Also reminds me of your nightmare of the playoffs last year when the Pacers blew that big lead to Lebron the Cavs.

Porzingis is ridiculous though at times as a player. Total freak.

7 minutes ago, Jules said:

Knicks are shockingly not as bad right now either, they are in the playoff picture if it were today. I agree the big loss blown is bad, very Colts like. lmao  Also reminds me of your nightmare of the playoffs last year when the Pacers blew that big lead to Lebron the Cavs.

Porzingis is ridiculous though at times as a player. Total freak.

Porzingis is a franchise type type player. He is Dirk 2020

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Porzingis is a franchise type type player. He is Dirk 2020

Good comparison, I never thought of that but probably since I forgot about poor Dirk who got to rot away on the Mavericks.

I used to love Dirk back in the day too. The only time I think I rooted against Lebron in the finals was when the Heat were playing the Mavs that one year. I admit, I kinda did hate that Heat team for a while and especially their first year. lmao They bugged me that first year together in Miami BAD.

I am just glad Dirk got a ring.

• Like 1

Just now, Jules said:

Good comparison, I never thought of that but probably since I forgot about poor Dirk who got to rot away on the Mavericks.

I used to love Dirk back in the day too. The only time I think I rooted against Lebron in the finals was when the Heat were playing the Mavs that one year. I admit, I kinda did hate that Heat team for a while and especially their first year. lmao They bugged me that first year together in Miami BAD.

I am just glad Dirk got a ring.

Oh Dirk was a Great player. On every list I do I have him Top 25 ever, he could shoot and was basically 7'0 tall. He has won an MVP and has his Ring. He was unstoppable for many years.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Dang, the Bucks get Bledsoe to help team up with Giannis

Sources: Suns, Bucks have agreed in principle to trade Eric Bledsoe for Greg Monroe and protected 2018 first-round and second-round picks.

Well, the Bucks just got a good piece of their arsenal. . .  Makes things a little bit more interesting in the East.  

• Like 1

Just now, oldunclemark said:

2 offensive rebounds on free throws??   OMG

Yeah, three tough losses in a row.  Gotta figure out how now to rebound against a tough Pistons team.  Not surprised though, young promising team going through some rough times after playing well the previous three games.  All games have been close though for the most part, they aren't getting blown out.  They just have to figure out how to close games which takes time. 

9 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

He would have helped a lot. Myles and Sabonis have only played in the same game twice.  Brooklyn in our opener then the NY game. 

What started in the 4th quarter vs the Knicks carried over toninght. The last 3 second half quarters we have failed to top 20pts. The NYK 4th-17 tonight 3rd-19 4th-18. That's not good.

We need to be able to at least slow the other teams best players. We let JJ go 8/12 from 3 scoring 31. Then Pozingis gets 40 and Davis shoots 77% 4:5 from 3 for 37 points.

What is our game plan on D? They are great players but they can't beat us so easily. JJ are you kidding me? How did he even get up 12 3's? We know the 3 ball is why he's in the league right? The Knicks only have one guy. Porzingis cant be the one who beats us. We have to make it harder for Davis.

That should have been plan going in. No 3's for JJ can't be Porzingis and make it tough for Davis. Maybe it was poorly executed. 

Davis was a bit of bad luck I don't think he has many 4/5 racks in him. We will see what we have in us tonight This would be an easy spot to get beat badly