Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

The refs sure look like they want the Cavs to win. Almost every big and bad call has went in the Cavs favor. Goodness

BOOOYA Collison gives them the 11th point lead.  Yeah I feel like the refs tried but they failed, HECK YEAH 13 point lead Thad with the layin. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

This is a really impressive win. No Myles Turner, on the road, back-to-back, and right after the Cavs apparently had a "meeting" to hash out their problems. Great execution. Sabonis is a stud man. I completely underestimated his game.

That meeting was supposedly about defense..but they could not contain us....

• Like 1

Is there an explaination for this?

I remember making excuses for last years' team.....they couldnt play good defense because they had 5 new players who hadn't ever played together..

This team has 6 new players who have never played together...we have 4 new starters.

I thought we had a chance tonight but they could not stop us

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

Oladipo came on strong....Collison came on strong   Thad Young can shoot? who knew?

Thad is good I was excited when we traded for him he struggled last year but I heard he had some wrist problems all year he's healthy and playing good now as our veteran leader 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

When Turner comes back I have no idea who you move to the bench I'd have to say Bojan cause thad can play the 3 just fine I'd let Turner take over as a stretch 4 and let DS run the paint 

The vision was to have Turner as a stretch 4 a la the Kevin Garnett role, but not having a good 5 so we could move Turner to the 4, halted that. Sabonis gives that flexibility now, as they can both swap between the 4 and 5 on the fly. Young may get some looks at the 3. All in all the team has "good" problems. All of them will get plenty of PT and tonight was probably the first in years they actually looked like they were having fun. 

• Like 1

Congrats to you and all the Pacers. I just got to check the Cavs forums quick and you all managed to make them completely melt down. lmao 

Thought you might enjoy these. A guilty pleasure of mine is often reading Cavs stuff. Their fans go NUTS at times.

Cavs fans post Pacers loss:

We shouldn't have let Kyrie bully us into that :censored: trade where Boston dumped off their underskilled scrappers on us in exchange for a true blue chip player. 

We should have made one of those trades for Butler or PGIII work. We shouldn't have locked ourselves in to over $30 million a year for TT and JR Smith. 

Shoulda, coulda, woulda.

This was all so totally predictable. This team looks like those 2007-2010 teams where we had to rely on Lebron for everything, except Lebron is older and slower and we can't play defense. This is a ten years ago team -- both in terms of how old the players are and in terms of the style of play (no shooting).

This organization is trash there I said it

Lebron got his buddies paid and they’ve for the most part played like :censored:. Neither are capable of being solid starters.

We are doing terrible but we do get our 2nd best player back in December or January. We are missing a go to scorer next to LBJ IT should provide that in theory.

Role players do not and will not thrive in a system without a role though.

Crowder was a top 30 defensive player last year and one of best +|- in league.

He comes to Cleveland, where we are basically the island of misfit toys because the coach doesn't know how to run a system, and Jae becomes just another guy.

It's embarrassing.....

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Hope this game says more about us than it does about them..

HASHTAG: Slowandold

Pacers have been solid enough in enough games to say it's not a fluke win. And the Cavs got some serious work to do if they want to jump back into the drivers seat.

It's still early yet but some teams in the east early on that were written off look to be promising. Lets hope it lasts since it will make the season more fun.

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have been at work and real busy. I missed the game and was just able to follow the last 2 Innings of the Baseball game. I looked at the Stats, what balance and Sabonis looks like he dominated. We blew LeBron out in Cleveland!

Many Cavs fans now seem to think Lebron might be leaving. And someone even posted this:

LeBron is playing like he's already packed his bags and is doing everything he can to sabotage Gilbert's team before he leaves.

Sorry guys, don't want to hijack the topic with Lebron. lmao 

Pacers won!!!!!

Oh and yeah Celtics in first place in the east but lets see if they can keep this up. Brad Stevens........still my favorite. lmao 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jules said:

Congrats to you and all the Pacers. I just got to check the Cavs forums quick and you all managed to make them completely melt down. lmao 

Thought you might enjoy these. A guilty pleasure of mine is often reading Cavs stuff. Their fans go NUTS at times.

Cavs fans post Pacers loss:

I still think that the cavs got the better end of that deal. The big difference is that Boston has arguably the third best coach in the league(behind Pop and Kerr). While the Cavs have the worst coach, now that Tank Commander Earl Watson is gone. He's coaching from the Mark Jackson playbook, give the ball to your star and stare with your mouth wide open, hoping something happens. Almost no set plays 

c7Qp9sY.jpg

6 minutes ago, HOFClipboardHolder said:

I still think that the cavs got the better end of that deal. The big difference is that Boston has arguably the third best coach in the league(behind Pop and Kerr). While the Cavs have the worst coach, now that Tank Commander Earl Watson is gone. He's coaching from the Mark Jackson playbook, give the ball to your star and stare with your mouth wide open, hoping something happens. Almost no set plays 

c7Qp9sY.jpg

My favorites from the Cavs forums is reading them go insane over Lue. lmaolmaolmao  But I thought Lebron wanted him and the players liked him since he let them do whatever they wanted. lmao 

They are making memes now and doing photoshop on Lue. lmao 

I agree Lue sucks. Not sure if he lasts the season now but will be interesting.

qx7A3Al.jpg

I agree the Cavs kinda did get more from the deal and a lot of this is Lue. But Lue is who Lebron wanted I thought.

• Like 1