Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

Pacers have been playing some solid ball.  I think they can make the playoffs in the East(as high as 5 and as low as 8).  How many Pacers fans on this board were extremely upset about the PG13 trade?  If I remember correctly, a lot of you bashed Oladipo pretty bad.  I told you guys he was a stud, I knew he'd be good.  Him and Turner will be 2 great building blocks for the future.  Collison is playing good basketball, Sabonis has been a surprise and Thaddeus is still solid.  They obviously need more pieces but they really did get a decent deal for George. Oladipo will be able to keep this pace up all year too.  I know he played college ball at IU but is he from Indiana?  If so, that's a perfect fit for him.  I am glad the Cavs are getting destroyed.  I know there is a lot of season left but this Cavs team is in serious trouble. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Pacers have been playing some solid ball.  I think they can make the playoffs in the East(as high as 5 and as low as 8).  How many Pacers fans on this board were extremely upset about the PG13 trade?  If I remember correctly, a lot of you bashed Oladipo pretty bad.  I told you guys he was a stud, I knew he'd be good.  Him and Turner will be 2 great building blocks for the future.  Collison is playing good basketball, Sabonis has been a surprise and Thaddeus is still solid.  They obviously need more pieces but they really did get a decent deal for George. Oladipo will be able to keep this pace up all year too.  I know he played college ball at IU but is he from Indiana?  If so, that's a perfect fit for him.  I am glad the Cavs are getting destroyed.  I know there is a lot of season left but this Cavs team is in serious trouble. 

I wasn't a fan of the trade and the Pacers probably could have got more, but its hard to say the trade looks bad now. Oladipo is arguably outplaying PG this year. And Sabonis is awesome.

Agree on the Cavs. They have a horrible defense and LeBron doesn't have much help. They'll probably be better whenever Thomas returns though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

I wasn't a fan of the trade and the Pacers probably could have got more, but its hard to say the trade looks bad now. Oladipo is arguably outplaying PG this year. And Sabonis is awesome.

Agree on the Cavs. They have a horrible defense and LeBron doesn't have much help. They'll probably be better whenever Thomas returns though.

I am not sure they could have gotten more.  I thought Sabonis and Oladipo was pretty fair.  Did they get a draft pick too or no?  Oladipos is a very good player, I watched him a lot in Orlando.  He's thriving with Indiana.  Hopefully he'll be there for a long time.  I think IT will help the Cavs offensively, but that's not their problem.  IT can't guard anyone either so I think they'll struggle this year.  I think they'll end up with 48-52 wins and 2 or 3 seed in the East. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I didn't have a problem with the trade when it happened. All I really wanted was PG the hades out of Indiana.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Luck is Good said:

Yeah Myles is good at protecting the rim. I’d play him at the 5 and Sabonis at the 4. Those two have to start together. Move Thad Young to the bench. That would be ideal

You really want Thad playing center in the second unit? Thad guards stretch 4s and Myles can protect the rim. Why not have Sabonis play with the second unit and provide them with rebounding and a potential go-to guy especially with Lance passing it to him off pick and rolls.

He can still play with Myles in certain situations and will still get plenty of minutes operating as a sixth man. 

21 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

The point about Myles being a 'rim protector' is right on.

Is it possible for Sabonis to play the 4 on defense (that's iffy) and the '5' on offense where he sets great screens

...allowing Myles to play the '4' on offense (he can face the basket and shoot) and the '5' on defense, where he can block shots?

Even that will cut down on Sabonis' rebounding.

We may have to simply split time

That lineup can work in certain situations but why not take advantage of both of their rebounding abilities by just having Sabonis come off the bench. He will still play similar minutes to what he has been playing now and make our bench a lot better.