Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cavs fans sound like some Cubs fans. After the Cubs won it all last year I went over to the ESPN Chat rooms and many were just complaining on how Maddon almost blew Game 7. Cubs hadn't won in 108 years so I am thinking if one cant celebrate that without complaints, they must be miserable.

They have been like this for a while. But the Warriors made them go really insane to the point they can't function.

4 minutes ago, Jules said:

Actually tons of Cavs fans loved Kyrie. They drafted him and thought he was going to be there forever. So many are still bitter or like ex lovers watching him on the side even though they still have Lebron. It's kinda weird for them.

Yeah I would've been kind of ticked if I was a Cavs fan, especially seeing how well the Celtics are playing without Gordon.  Cavs should be much better when Isaiah Thomas comes back, he will make that team dynamic with his skills but that won't be until January lol. 

• Like 1

Just now, Malakai432 said:

Yeah I would've been kind of ticked if I was a Cavs fan, especially seeing how well the Celtics are playing without Gordon.  Cavs should be much better when Isaiah Thomas comes back, he will make that team dynamic with his skills but that won't be until January lol. 

IT is great but here is what will happen if he can come back healthy. He won't play ANY defense. Any even small amounts of defense you saw him do in Boston is out the window since the Cavs have a no defense rule under Lue.

1 minute ago, Jules said:

They have been like this for a while. But the Warriors made them go really insane to the point they can't function.

As a Cubs fan I was so happy we finally won. I had no complaints, we beat the Dodgers then Cleveland without HFA. I just coudnt believe how some Cubs fans were acting. Cavs fans were gifted a Top 5 player of all-time and beat the Warriors to win their Title and they complain haha 

2 minutes ago, Jules said:

IT is great but here is what will happen if he can come back healthy. He won't play ANY defense. Any even small amounts of defense you saw him do in Boston is out the window since the Cavs have a no defense rule under Lue.

I could see that haha . . . .

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

As a Cubs fan I was so happy we finally won. I had no complaints, we beat the Dodgers then Cleveland without HFA. I just coudnt believe how some Cubs fans were acting. Cavs fans were gifted a Top 5 player of all-time and beat the Warriors to win their Title and they complain haha 

Yeah heck, the Indianapolis Colts have only won one super bowl and I've mellowed out on the Colts a lot since then.  You can't take anything for granted. 

• Like 1

Yeah heck, the Indianapolis Colts have only won one super bowl and I've mellowed out on the Colts a lot since then.  You can't take anything for granted. 

A lot of Colts fans are the same way. Colts have been Very Good to Great for 20 years and we won a Championship but some of our fans still bash our franchise. Yeah things aren't going good right now but when Luck gets back that will change.

• Like 1

A lot of Colts fans are the same way. Colts have been Very Good to Great for 20 years and we won a Championship but some of our fans still bash our franchise. Yeah things aren't going good right now but when Luck gets back that will change.

Yeah a lot of people bash Luck also.  The sad part is the guy is an awfully lot like Peyton.  He has to hold the team on his shoulders.  The team is nothing without him, never has since he's been drafted.  It's a darn shame but true.  I do feel like Rogers is in a similar situation.  Heck even the Packers without Rogers are in a much better situation, same with Houston without Watson.  This team absolutely cannot function without Luck.  

• Like 1

Yeah a lot of people bash Luck also.  The sad part is the guy is an awfully lot like Peyton.  He has to hold the team on his shoulders.  The team is nothing without him, never has since he's been drafted.  It's a darn shame but true.  I do feel like Rogers is in a similar situation.  Heck even the Packers without Rogers are in a much better situation, same with Houston without Watson.  This team absolutely cannot function without Luck.  

Packers are weird. When they won it all in 2010 they had a top defense that year too. And then after 2010 it plummeted every season. The Packers in 2010 had more depth though. The 2010 Packers were still somewhat a leftover too of the old Favre teams with a few key veterans left over. And the Packers are stingy with FA and a draft development style of team.

Not sure what to make of the Texans yet. Last year they had arguably the best defense in football easily. And now........it's just odd. They lost JJ Watt last year too and still shined on D. I am curious to see if they can play excellent D again vs. the Colts. Sometimes I think Houston tries harder on D when the QB situation stinks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jules said:

Packers are weird. When they won it all in 2010 they had a top defense that year too. And then after 2010 it plummeted every season. The Packers in 2010 had more depth though. The 2010 Packers were still somewhat a leftover too of the old Favre teams with a few key veterans left over. And the Packers are stingy with FA and a draft development style of team.

Not sure what to make of the Texans yet. Last year they had arguably the best defense in football easily. And now........it's just odd. They lost JJ Watt last year too and still shined on D. I am curious to see if they can play excellent D again vs. the Colts. Sometimes I think Houston tries harder on D when the QB situation stinks.

If there is any year the stinky Jags could win the Division, this is it lmao 

3 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

The 4th quarter was literally screw the pacers quarter hell they gave the dumb 6ers the ball when it was clearly out on the 6ers it was comical 

It couldn't have went off Covington. look at the ball's trajectory, it could only head in that direction bouncing off young's hand. I thought it went off convington too, during real time. But the replay showed that it wasn't possible.

I think there were nonesense whistles for both teams. The refs have been horrible all year long. But your team got more calls in their favor, through out the game and still lost. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jules said:

Yeah true, we'll see how they fair Sunday for sure against the lowly Colts.  I think it may be a decent game now but I just don't see the Colts offense moving much. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Malakai432 said:

Yeah Lopez blew up!

Lopez is really Good. When the Lakers traded Russell for him I was all for it + they also got rid of Mozgoofs contract. Lopez has been playing at an All-Star level all season actually. Lonzo is struggling on his scoring but his +/- is usually good, he pushes the ball up the floor really well and Rebounds and Assists. Kid just needs to develop a shot.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Raptors are still looking good, Lowry, DeRozan, Valanciunas are a trio that if the Raptors are smart to keep them together for awhile.  They're all going to play together until 2020, barring a trade. 

They do have a lot of talent, like Washington but can never put it together in the Playoffs.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lopez is really Good. When the Lakers traded Russell for him I was all for it + they also got rid of Mozgoofs contract. Lopez has been playing at an All-Star level all season actually. Lonzo is struggling on his scoring but his +/- is usually good, he pushes the ball up the floor really well and Rebounds and Assists. Kid just needs to develop a shot.

Yeah Brook is definitely the better of the two Lopez brothers, both are still good though!  Great genes!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jules said:

Yeah same. I saw the Spurs had a huge early lead and rolled my eyes. And then........blah. And right on cue Popovich has his meltdown.

And in the meantime when Cavs fans are not bashing Brad Stevens/Kyrie Irving they spend even more time STILL talking about "matchups to use vs. Golden State" and bashing Kevin Durant for going there.

Cavs fans.:hissy: I almost hope Lebron does leave so they have a riot again or something.

LOL! Cavs match up worse this year than last year, they got even older!

And those Celtics are for real.. even without Hayward :( still soo sad, I like him a lot. 

• Like 1

I don't care what anyone says, the Cavs are a joke. Lebron is an all time great player and without him that team is the Browns of the NBA. Lue is a joke. Gilbert is a joke. And if anyone thinks IT is going to save them yeah he can score but their problem is DEFENSE.

IT will only make their defense WORSE.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jules said:

I don't care what anyone says, the Cavs are a joke. Lebron is an all time great player and without him that team is the Browns of the NBA. Lue is a joke. Gilbert is a joke. And if anyone thinks IT is going to save them yeah he can score but their problem is DEFENSE.

IT will only make their defense WORSE.

Yet they will still be in the Finals because they have the best player in the league and a Top 10 player ever/if not Top 5 ever. I didn't even know they lost until you Posted. I see the Hawks beat them at Cleveland.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yet they will still be in the Finals because they have the best player in the league and a Top 10 player ever/if not Top 5 ever. I didn't even know they lost until you Posted. I see the Hawks beat them at Cleveland.

Lebron is getting older. One of these years he won't be able to get them to the finals all by himself. And it's different this year too since there is no Kyrie to help him out. Maybe they do it again this year but if they do it's the same old same old. Kevin Love helps but sadly he is fragile and pushed around at times too. Same old story, Cavs players often can score but they play this nursing home style of defense and I am tired of it.

Last year in game 4 in the ECFs the Cavs were even in danger of losing that game if Kyrie didn't go into Kobe mode and win it.

Lebron can still go into God mode and does, but I don't even want him in the finals since since they won't have a realistic chance. Would rather have the Celtics even if they lost the finals since at least Brad Stevens might be able to cook up a better game plan to make it more interesting for us viewers who get tired of seeing the Warriors spank the Cavs.

If IT can come back he helps but people don't seem to grasp at times how BAD that little dude is on defense. He will make the Cavs WORSE defensively. Scoring is not the Cavs problem. Some Cavs fans now want to even trade IT and the Nets pick for some help defensively. IT in the finals will get tossed out of the arena by Klay and Curry. Kyrie was pretty good usually vs. the Warriors.

Simply put I am tired of seeing the Cavs suck so bad on defense since Lue took over. Maybe they improve later on but it's been so dreadful.

5 minutes ago, Jules said:

Lebron is getting older. One of these years he won't be able to get them to the finals all by himself. And it's different this year too since there is no Kyrie to help him out. Maybe they do it again this year but if they do it's the same old same old. Kevin Love helps but sadly he is fragile and pushed around at times too. Same old story, Cavs players often can score but they play this nursing home style of defense and I am tired of it.

Last year in game 4 in the ECFs the Cavs were even in danger of losing that game if Kyrie didn't go into Kobe mode and win it.

Lebron can still go into God mode and does, but I don't even want him in the finals since since they won't have a realistic chance. Would rather have the Celtics even if they lost the finals since at least Brad Stevens might be able to cook up a better game plan to make it more interesting for us viewers who get tired of seeing the Warriors spank the Cavs.

If IT can come back he helps but people don't seem to grasp at times how BAD that little dude is on defense. He will make the Cavs WORSE defensively. Scoring is not the Cavs problem. Some Cavs fans now want to even trade IT and the Nets pick for some help defensively. IT in the finals will get tossed out of the arena by Klay and Curry. Kyrie was pretty good usually vs. the Warriors.

Simply put I am tired of seeing the Cavs suck so bad on defense since Lue took over. Maybe they improve later on but it's been so dreadful.

I wish Hayward wouldn't of got injured, Boston would be a monster with that extra weapon. I had a Boston/Warriors series before Hay got injured. I just don't think Boston has enough to take out LeBron now. Washington doesn't either.

I wish Heyward wouldn't of got injured, Boston would be a monster with that extra weapon. I had a Boston/Warriors series before Hey got injured. I just don't think Boston has enough to take out LeBron now. Washington doesn't either.

Only time will tell, but it is possible that Boston will be fine without Hayward.........they just ripped off yet ANOTHER win and this time over the Magic. Their defense is also becoming so improved it's scary.

I say this very cautiously though since like you I am not yet certain on the Celtics but I do have hope.

I always keep saying though, anything the Celtics do this year is gravy after the Hayward injury. They were not expected to be as good as they currently are. The future is bright for them. They are showing some serious balance now too and one guy doesn't have to carry them. Kyrie even had an off night scoring and it didn't matter today.

• Like 1