Patrick Robinson Released

TKnight24

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well....   if we're signing a corner,  I don't know who it is?

But one corner who WON'T be signing with the Colts,  is Logan Ryan.

He signed late yesterday with TENNESSEE and he only got 3/30.      Did I mention his deal was 3/30?

Not sure why we didn't want a piece of that,  but we didn't.........   color me disappointed on that one.

I liked Ryan too....but at that price I would have just splurged the extra on Gilmore. I think we will be picking up a veteran here soon but certainly could see multiple corners drafted.

1 minute ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Didnt he play safety for Baltimore last year?

No, he's a former 3rd rounder for the Broncos. He's been buried behind Talib and Harris the past couple years. Still only 26. You have to think he wants a shot to start somewhere.

Just now, Shive said:

It must've been, or maybe in the slot he was solid, but terrible when having to play on the outside which we all know. I'd still love him back.

Yep...great depth player with versatility...no brainer for me if his price is right. I thought we should have locked him up long term last year.

5 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

Goodness, that is overpaying!! especially with the talent in this draft 

Overpaying?    On a 3-year deal?    For a young starting corner?       Not sure that's even possible.

But I've always wanted one corner in FA and another corner in the draft.  

I'm a little obsessed with pass rush,   and cornerbacks.....      So, when Ryan signs a deal far below what was expected (at least in length of time)   then it gets my attention.

15 minutes ago, coltsfanatic24 said:

It was the right move Robinson was inconsistent. We're most likely drafting a CB in the 1st round. 

It's what I'd do.  We need a CB to play every down opposite Vontae.  Rush LBs tend to rotate in and out more, so we can get one in the 2nd and more thereafter.

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Overpaying?    On a 3-year deal?    For a young starting corner?       Not sure that's even possible.

But I've always wanted one corner in FA and another corner in the draft.  

I'm a little obsessed with pass rush,   and cornerbacks.....      So, when Ryan signs a deal far below what was expected (at least in length of time)   then it gets my attention.

30 million over 3 yrs does seem high to me but he got paid and lets see if he is worth it in Tennessee

11 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

Cleaning up this mess we're in....I like it

Yup the dwayne allen trade was awesome. His contract was a mess as he was overpaid with Doyle hes been consistent his entire career with around 79-80% catch completion. If look at his past the math and numbers point towards if doyle is given the chance he will succeed like for example give doyle all of allens pass targets last year and he would of had something like 102 or more catches.

Patrick Robinson getting released likely means they are in talks with a CB to sign or they feel confident in the ability to draft a CB in this years draft given the depth in the draft at CB.

I expect Art Jones to be released soon too, but with him they likely want a replacement before releasing. I think Rideway at DT, Anderson LE, just need someone at RE all are replaceable of course. But definitely art jones is the main focus of replacing at this time.

So far everything this GM has done has made sense and even been surprising getting the draft pick for dwayne allen as well as getting rid of the awful contract was huge as he was going to be released if he couldn't be traded. We now have 3 draft picks in the 4th round. I can easily see us competing next year in the playoffs. Whether Colts make a splash or not tbd but winning our division definitely possible and real.

Hum certainly Robinson was UNDERWHELMING & injuried last year for sure, but we are thin at corner already Didn't see that coming.. I wasn't a fan of Robinson, hope they bring back Butler though, good in the slot, versatile enough to play safety. Deep corner draft class, which one or 2 will we draft. In the 3rd or 4th round I like the kid from Colorado.

Just now, IndyD4U said:

Sidney Jones at 15 please

That's a huge risk and likely not going to happen. But it all depends on who is available at #15. I would much rather hassan reddick at 15. Even takk mckinley I don't see his value dropping too much due to shoulder surgery as he played with a broken shoulder for 2 years shows how tough this guy is.

2 minutes ago, Jesse Lafantaisie said:

That's a huge risk and likely not going to happen. But it all depends on who is available at #15. I would much rather hassan reddick at 15. Even takk mckinley I don't see his value dropping too much due to shoulder surgery as he played with a broken shoulder for 2 years shows how tough this guy is.

I'd take Reddick in the 1st and go CB in the 2nd.

43 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

He may be better at safety but Butler's a solid slot corner, he held QB's to an impressively low rating this season.

With that said though, yeah I wouldn't be surprised if he's not re-signed. Ballard definitely wants to get young and this is a solid draft for CB's.

Peppers?

5 minutes ago, Jesse Lafantaisie said:

Has Reddick jumped up that high? I really liked his combine performance. 

33 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

30 million over 3 yrs does seem high to me but he got paid and lets see if he is worth it in Tennessee

I always thought Ryan would get 9/10 million,  but on a 5–year deal.

So, I was shocked that he was only offered 3 years. 

I'd have been happy to read that the Colts had signed Ryan for 3/30.     Sorry he went to a division rival.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

I always thought Ryan would get 9/10 million,  but on a 5–year deal.

So, I was shocked that he was only offered 3 years. 

I'd have been happy to read that the Colts had signed Ryan for 3/30.     Sorry he went to a division rival.

I see your point. They will only have him for 3 years most likely if he plays well

what if considering NE was offering Butler to Saints for Cooks that the odds are that Ballard has offered Dorsett(similar mold to cooks, tho not as polished or established) to Pats for Butler? I'm sure we would have to give more but idk just a guess good or bad...Ha!!

3 minutes ago, Indeee said:

what if considering NE was offering Butler to Saints for Cooks that the odds are that Ballard has offered Dorsett(similar mold to cooks, tho not as polished or established) to Pats for Butler? I'm sure we would have to give more but idk just a guess good or bad...Ha!!

No way in hell cooks is 50 times better then Dorsett and actually has NFL production unlike Dorsett