Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chuck Pagano will be made available to the media at 1:30 today.

stitches

Same ole boring cliched Chuck presser.  No interesting news here other than he has yet to have his annual meeting with Irsay.  That meeting will be later.  Doesn't sound like he expects to be going anywhere.  He will keep working and grinding toward mediocrity with head down, ear muffs and blinders on.  lol

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

I didn't see this coming....

Pagano is talking like he expects to be back,  but hasn't met with the owner yet.   

Hmmm?

You're intelligent enough to know what it means.  He's gotten enough info to be confident enough to say stuff like this. 

Just now, krunk said:

You're intelligent enough to know what it means.  He's gotten enough info to be confident enough to say stuff like this. 

I think you're likely right.....    but this is unfolding unusually.

If this was normal,  the coach would've met with the owner.      And note that he's made no comment about Grigson -- not yet.    

I find it all.....    odd.

I think there are still lots of questions and I'm wondering if we'll hear from the owner today?

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Because we don't have the talent.      And never have. 

When the Colts are blown out it's talent issue,  not a coaching issue.

Why the fan base doesn't know this is a complete mystery.....

I agree with everything you wrote but I'll add something.  When we start slowly on offense and can't finish in close games that's a coaching and execution issue.  There's no debating that 

1 minute ago, coltsva said:

Irsay has to let everything proceed as usual until he makes an announcement. If he didn't make Chuck available it would be chaotic in the media, instead of a more controlled speculation. 

He could of made the announcement by now if he wanted to.  He's had five yrs of Chuck....shouldn't be that difficult.

7 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Yes! Grigson had his chance to remake the roster with the benefit of lots of cap space and failed miserably.  We should not give him the opportunity to mess up a second time with this much cap space.  I don't trust him to make the right moves at this point.  We have a great opportunity here.

The first go round was a rookie GM that looked scared to make mistakes playing it safe. Perhaps this time he has learned on the job and will realize what it takes to build it right. I'm not thrilled with either guy. They aren't awful but neither has shown me enough that I would be confident in placing the future of my franchise with them. If I had identified my own guys and confident I could bring them in...I'd move on. But i think this year will be like last year...no clear cut replacements that would dramatically change the direction of this team. I expect them both retained.

Keeps saying he failed, fell short, it's all on him, but we are heading in the right direction, claims they set the bar so high early on that this regression is just what happens at times..... but not where they want to go, he knows where they want to go.   So, he just doesn't know how to get there anymore?

1 minute ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

I agree with everything you wrote but I'll add something.  When we start slowly on offense and can't finish in close games that's a coaching and execution issue.  There's no debating that 

Actually,  I think there's plenty to debate.....    but we can save that for another day.

Way too many other things happening today...

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

The first go round was a rookie GM that looked scared to make mistakes playing it safe. Perhaps this time he has learned on the job and will realize what it takes to build it right. I'm not thrilled with either guy. They aren't awful but neither has shown me enough that I would be confident in placing the future of my franchise with them. If I had identified my own guys and confident I could bring them in...I'd move on. But i think this year will be like last year...no clear cut replacements that would dramatically change the direction of this team. I expect them both retained.

Clear cut sure fire GM's without risk do not become available most years.  You go find someone you think can do the job better, and trust your interview process and instincts.

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think you're likely right.....    but this is unfolding unusually.

If this was normal,  the coach would've met with the owner.      And note that he's made no comment about Grigson -- not yet.    

I find it all.....    odd.

I think there are still lots of questions and I'm wondering if we'll hear from the owner today?

His job is to speak about himself and those he coaches.  Not to speak about Grigson. I just think when Irsay said no wholesale changes he meant that.  Only way wholesale changes occur is when you fire the coach.  If you fire the GM then it's likely you're firing the coach as well.  That's about the only 2 things you can do to initiate wholesale changes outside of firing coordinators.  As bad as the defense was you would assume we would have heard about that pretty soon.  So I don't think it has anything to do with getting rid of coordinators.

4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

He's not answering these questions very well.  He's struggling for a reasonable explanation as to why he thinks the team in not regressing.

I think he's struggling because he doesn't wan to say anything publicly that might sound like he's (A) throwing Grigson under the bus, or (B) throwing any of his players under the bus.

It puts the coach in an awkward spot and Pagano has never been great at answering those kind of questions.   Few coaches are.      You've got to have super status like Bellichick to be able to say what you want,  and even he doesn't say all that much....

Even if Chuck is going to be let go, Irsay should have adressed it by now. Firstly, Chuck has given everything to the Colts over the last 5 seasons. Whether we like the job he has done or not he still deserves the clarity. Secondly, this is going to affect our ability to hire the best possible candidate should he be gone.

Just now, krunk said:

His job is to speak about himself and those he coaches.  Not to speak about Grigson.

I just think when he said no wholesale changes he meant that.  Only way wholesale changes

occur is when you fire the coach.  If you fire the GM then it's likely you're firing the coach as

well.  That's about the only 2 things you can do to initiate wholesale changes outside of firing

coordinators.  As bad as the defense was you would assume we would have heard about that

pretty soon.  So I don't think it has anything to do with getting rid of coordinators.

I guess what I'm saying is that if I'm Irsay or Grigson (assuming he still has his job)  that I wouldn't let Chuck go out and talk without having met with me.    He'd wait to meet with the owner,   or the owner would make sure he'd have met with Chuck already before he went out and met with the press.

It just makes things more awkward.

And if Grigson is getting the axe,  I wouldn't let Chuck speak until that was done.

And before I'd let Chuck speak,  I'd come out and say what I've decided.    Who is staying and who is going before I'd let Chuck speak.      But maybe that's just me......

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

You may very well be correct. Everything Irsay has said up until now would support that both would be retained.  In my opinion, that would be a disaster for the future of this franchise.  My enthusiasm for upcoming Colts football seasons would be virtually nonexistant.  I'll always be a Colts fan but would become numb to them.