Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chuck Pagano will be made available to the media at 1:30 today.

stitches

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

Exactly he must not

trust me i want them both gone as much as anybody on the forums all was saying imo irsay brings them back another season to try to make playoffs what i meant to say is pagano has never had a losing record granted 8 and 8 is mediocre but he signed em they are comin back

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Because we don't have the talent.      And never have. 

When the Colts are blown out it's talent issue,  not a coaching issue.

Why the fan base doesn't know this is a complete mystery.....

This is why I dislike Grigson more then Pagano they both suck sure but we could mask chucks dumb coaching with better talent and Andrew Luck.

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Then they'll get fired,  but I think the chances of either guy resigning are right around zero.

Irsay may offer them the opportunity to resign,  but I don't think either man would accept it.

I never said a word about resigning. Idk what 12 was talking about.. someone said they won't be fired because they have so much money on their contracts. So I brought up the 49er thing.. as an example that it's possible they still will be fired..

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Because we don't have the talent.      And never have. 

When the Colts are blown out it's talent issue,  not a coaching issue.

Why the fan base doesn't know this is a complete mystery.....

It's both coaching and talent. When your team comes out flat and has slow stats in virtually every game that is on the coach. Pagans has also made more than his fair share of head scratchers. 

The team has been getting older a talent has seemed to diminish each year and that's on

Grigson. 

Irsay continues to think that Pagano and Grigson will miraculously and quickly turn things around given their history and that's on him. 

4 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

This is why I dislike Grigson more then Pagano they both suck sure but we could mask chucks dumb coaching with better talent and Andrew Luck.

You can dislike Grigson more than Chuck all you want but Irsay signed them both back knowing his previous draft and FA picks and all Grigson did this offseason was to knock it out of the park in the draft. What special coaching did you see from Pagano?

Hopefully, this isn't an announcement about his health.  Hopefully his cancer hasn't returned. I want him fired not to be sick again.  

Timing is everything. Our timing to get Jim Harbaugh after San Fran was bad. I guess the timing wasn't right to get Payton last year from the Saints either...  We can't afford to miss out on a McDaniels or K. Shanahan this year. Two young offensive minded coaches who can take Luck's development to the next level.  Get Chuck outta here and let's get our dynasty started. 

1 minute ago, Jdubu said:

You can dislike Grigson more than Chuck all you want but Irsay signed them both back knowing his previous draft and FA picks and all Grigson did this offseason was to knock it out of the park in the draft. What special coaching did you see from Pagano?

He didn't knock it out of the park. Kelly was a good pick but pretty obvious and years too late. Green is yet another project, Clark is a project but atleast he does look promising. Morrison won't be a starter probably. Haeg could be decent but only time will tell. He's just been so terrible that everybody gets happy when he has an average draft.

Nothing I literally dislike both of them more then anyone on the board so idk what makes you think I see anything special they both are trash at their jobs. What I said was better players after 5 years and we would have masked our terrible coaching a little.

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Nothing I literally dislike both of them more then anyone on the board so idk what makes you think I see anything special they both are trash at their jobs. What I said was better players after 5 years and we would have masked our terrible coaching a little.

And I'm pointing out that Irsay signed them both knowing what they did in the past and wiped the slate clean. Who performed their job after they signed the contract last year? Grigson has by all account not been mediocre from that signing, can you say the same thing with Pagano? I don't think anyone really could say Pagano stepped up his coaching game, it was more of the same average (at best) job. 

18 minutes ago, RomanianColtsFan said:

Please disregard the money aspect for a moment, a job involves more than money, especially if you love what you do. 

But you cannot disregard it. It all flows from the same source - the reason he's getting paid so much is the same reason why there are a ton of people calling for his job when he does a poor job - he is in the spotlight and it's part of his job.

Of course as a person we can sympathize with Pagano for losing his job, but he's not hired for the person he is, he's hired to coach a football team and he arguably hasn't done good job at it. It's nothing personal here. I haven't seen anybody calling for Pagano's job because he's a bad person - quite the opposite, I can with clean conscience say Pagano seems like a great person and don't wish anything bad to him, but at the same time I can recognize the job he's done with the team is inadequate and we might be better served by getting another coach.

4 minutes ago, 12to13 said:

He didn't knock it out of the park. Kelly was a good pick but pretty obvious and years too late. Green is yet another project, Clark is a project but atleast he does look promising. Morrison won't be a starter probably. Haeg could be decent but only time will tell. He's just been so terrible that everybody gets happy when he has an average draft.

Lol. Well if Kelly, Haeg and Clark are all starters on that line next year, Grigson did a fantastic job in the draft. Means 4-5 years of $$$ management towards FA for the defense while the draft develops new defensive players. TJ Green has shown enough to develop, doesn't mean he will but he has a lot to like. If you didn't like this draft, you just can't be a happy person IMO. 

Just now, Jdubu said:

And I'm pointing out that Irsay signed them both knowing what they did in the past and wiped the slate clean. Who performed their job after they signed the contract last year? Grigson has by all account not been mediocre from that signing, can you say the same thing with Pagano? I don't think anyone really could say Pagano stepped up his coaching game, it was more of the same average (at best) job. 

And as another poster said to you Grigson didn't "knock it out the park" he had 2 good picks and 1 decent pick the rest were dumb and will be backups. Kelly was good Clark was good Heag is a decent starter. Green is a dater Geathers and project and Morrison is nothing but a run stopper who blows in coverage and gets burnt 

2 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

Wiping the slate clean would have been starting this new rebuilding effort with people other than the ones who rebuilt it wrong the first time. 

I wouldn't trust someone who built my first house poorly to build me a second house hoping they could get it right this time. 

Lol. Well if Kelly, Haeg and Clark are all starters on that line next year, Grigson did a fantastic job in the draft. Means 4-5 years of $$$ management towards FA for the defense while the draft develops new defensive players. TJ Green has shown enough to develop, doesn't mean he will but he has a lot to like. If you didn't like this draft, you just can't be a happy person IMO. 

If they're all good starters next year, then yes i agree it will be a very good draft. So I guess I can be a happy person after all.. woo! I haven't seen anything from tj green though, sorry !

Being a starter doesn't mean he's a quality player.

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

And as another poster said to you Grigson didn't "knock it out the park" he had 2 good picks and 1 decent pick the rest were dumb and will be backups. Kelly was good Clark was good Heag is a decent starter. Green is a dater Geathers and project and Morrison is nothing but a run stopper who blows in coverage and gets burnt 

It's just ludicrous that Grigson didn't score 5 -7 1st rounders in the draft. That's what you sound like you expect. This wasn't a draft he picked at the top of each round, the picks were very solid and by many standards of a draft, he knocked it out of the park. 

11 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

It's both coaching and talent. When your team comes out flat and has slow stats in virtually every game that is on the coach. Pagans has also made more than his fair share of head scratchers. 

The team has been getting older a talent has seemed to diminish each year and that's on

Grigson. 

Irsay continues to think that Pagano and Grigson will miraculously and quickly turn things around given their history and that's on him. 

Coaching decisions tend to look funny when there isn't enough talent.

The franchise was practically scrubbed clean of talent after 2011.      We had an 80 million dollar roster is 2012 because we carried 40 Million in Dead Cap money.

So,  you don't start the next year with a great roster,  it takes time to build it.

And we haven't.     Too many misses in the draft and free agency.     A poor o-line.    A poor running game.    A poor defense because Grigson was trying to build the offense around Luck,  so that was the primary focus.

People keep talking about how our defense is poor.    Well,  where is the talent?     Do you see our guys going to the Pro Bowl,  or being honored in any way?     Do you see big contracts for our defensive players?      There's no sign of much real talent on that side of the ball.    

And when you have all those problems to overcome,  THAT'S WHY some coaching decisions look bad.

Talent is the problem.     Talent has always been the problem.       This is NOT a popular view here, despite the fact that I think I've laid out a pretty compelling argument.

But it's my view.      People here are free to disagree......

It's just ludicrous that Grigson didn't score 5 -7 1st rounders in the draft. That's what you sound like you expect. This wasn't a draft he picked at the top of each round, the picks were very solid and by many standards of a draft, he knocked it out of the park. 

I'm done arguing with someone who thinks Grigson is good at his job when he is in the bottom 5 in the league 

Just now, deedub75 said:

Wiping the slate clean would have been starting this new rebuilding effort with people other than the ones who rebuilt it wrong the first time. 

I wouldn't trust someone who built my first house poorly to build me a second house hoping they could get it right this time. 

But it does not matter what YOU think or feel, Irsay re-signed them cleaning the slate. I would rather have moved on from them both last year as well, I was shocked and disappointed but if the slate was clean, I'm looking at it as did the men produce in their job this season. My last response to this is Grigson did and Pagano was the same thing he has been for 4-5 seasons now, very average at best. 

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Coaching decisions tend to look funny when there isn't enough talent.

The franchise was practically scrubbed clean of talent after 2011.      We had an 80 million dollar roster is 2012 because we carried 40 Million in Dead Cap money.

So,  you don't start the next year with a great roster,  it takes time to build it.

And we haven't.     Too many misses in the draft and free agency.     A poor o-line.    A poor running game.    A poor defense because Grigson was trying to build the offense around Luck,  so that was the primary focus.

People keep talking about how our defense is poor.    Well,  where is the talent?     Do you see our guys going to the Pro Bowl,  or being honored in any way?     Do you see big contracts for our defensive players?      There's no sign of much real talent on that side of the ball.    

And when you have all those problems to overcome,  THAT'S WHY some coaching decisions look bad.

Talent is the problem.     Talent has always been the problem.       This is NOT a popular view here, despite the fact that I think I've laid out a pretty compelling argument.

But it's my view.      People here are free to disagree......

I agree and I believe the 2012 team had more talent than the 2016 team. 

But it does not matter what YOU think or feel, Irsay re-signed them cleaning the slate. I would rather have moved on from them both last year as well, I was shocked and disappointed but if the slate was clean, I'm looking at it as did the men produce in their job this season. My last response to this is Grigson did and Pagano was the same thing he has been for 4-5 seasons now, very average at best. 

Why are you pointing out the obvious?  This a forum and obviously no one's opinions matters. 

41 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Owners and coaches say stuff all the time and turn around and do something different.  Maybe they stay or maybe they go, but I don't put a lot of stock in what he said several weeks ago.

So do reporters who follow falsehood all the time. Most people on this board believe the reporters. Irsay doesnt really play a lot of games like that and he's never been quick to jump the gun. Unless its Caldwell awful and even then he let him finish the season.