Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

on JMV today / Peyton Manning rumors (merge)

LJpalmbeacher2

You can't say he'd be bad because he knows nothing as if any one of you know 100%  what the hell Pm knows lol. I doubt he hasn't helped scout players during his career especially offensively and How would any of you know if he was in a draft room..sure they said that bout elway too but anyway I'd rather have him as an Oc or qb coach or both his play recognition and quick firing plays have always been elite 

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol i was going to post i doubt he has any interest in any job in the public for the next few years. He had said he wanted to just go to games, be a fan and be with his family. I believe him, i think if he comes back to football in any capacity it will be a few years from now in any field he chose. Still i would personally like to see him coaching an offense or teaching qbs to see the details.

8 minutes ago, life long said:

Lol i was going to post i doubt he has any interest in any job in the public for the next few years. He had said he wanted to just go to games, be a fan and be with his family. I believe him, i think if he comes back to football in any capacity it will be a few years from now in any field he chose. Still i would personally like to see him coaching an offense or teaching qbs to see the details.

This.     I know he had stated that at least for his first year of retirement, he was just going to go to games, get to watch brother Eli (something he's not really been able to do during Eli's career), etc....    

He seems to be so relaxed and enjoying life and family right now.   Who knows  if he'll ever want to take on the responsibility and commitment of a front office job. :dunno:     It's obvious to me, that his kids are now his greatest source of enjoyment and top priority.   :hat:  Peyton.

I think Manning would be one of the most creative minds to enter as an OC. I'd give him the assistant HC position and hand him the entire offense side and let Pagano  focus solely on the defense. I'd also tell him he is guaranteed a job in the front office in 3 years (assuming he wants it) much like Brooks was in the front office but his role will be more prominent with an expectation he takes over GM responsibilities after exposure to that side of the ball. At any rate, if I were Irsay, I want Manning in my building and around my organization until he is dead. 

8 minutes ago, swifty1812 said:

Jumping to the Gruden end of this rumor quickly. One thing to keep in mind with what "could be". Two coaches that coached under him at one point, Marc Trestman and Gus Bradley. 

i know it is completely speculation, but man that would be a solid HC/OC/DC combo.

Wasn't Tresman on our staff once before?

Jumping to the Gruden end of this rumor quickly. One thing to keep in mind with what "could be". Two coaches that coached under him at one point, Marc Trestman and Gus Bradley. 

i know it is completely speculation, but man that would be a solid HC/OC/DC combo.

I would support, not that my support counts, a Gruden hire as head coach. I don't think Irsay wants him though. He would have got him last January if that's the case.

Also, Manning as the Colts GM is an interesting scenario to discuss but not something I expect. Even if it were to happen I have a hard time seeing Irsay pay Peyton and a high priced coach like Gruden while eating Grigson/Psgano contracts. In addition to the money situation I think Manning and Gruden would clash despite liking/respecting each other.

I think Jim Bob Cooter would be a realistic possibility with Manning as an executive.

If everything that I read is correct, we interviewed him for HC when we hired Chuck, but he has never worked here.

We had the Ohio state coach on as a offensive assistant after BA left for Arizona and Pagano seemed to flounder decisions away. Maybe a replay or quality coach or something. Am I thinking about the wrong guy?

never mind, that was Tressel thanks google :)

11 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Yeah, and dont forget, we need a coach who screams. Lets hire Corey Taylor, the lead singer of Slipknot. He yells alot, well used to anyway. If we cant get him, maybe someone on here who types in all caps a lot.

I've seen Slipknot four times in the past two years, Corey can still scream even with a broken neck and post surgery. He also was/is a Colts fan. I need new Slipknot and Stone Sour though, so no coaching for the great big mouth.

On 12/29/2016 at 2:22 AM, AZColt11 said:

I would rather see Manning as QB coach or possibly even OC before GM.  I doubt he would want to do either of those yet though, he's only been out 1 year and his twins are still young and Eli is still playin.  But I do think he might be interested in a "consultant" type role, perhaps he could be a special assistant/consultant to the GM, learn the ropes from someone who knows what they're doin, and then he could transition to that role down the road.  At least that would be my wish, but I aint scratchin the checks so.......

Who would that be?

I understand what you are saying though.  

I'd be willing to take a chance on Manning as the GM because I think he is smart enough to surround himself with competent people and we all know how much time he devotes to his job.  

Maybe in 2-5 years.

38 minutes ago, corgi said:

I've seen Slipknot four times in the past two years, Corey can still scream even with a broken neck and post surgery. He also was/is a Colts fan. I need new Slipknot and Stone Sour though, so no coaching for the great big mouth.

lol.  I really wasn't a fan of Slipknot's last CD and I haven't heard Stone Sour since their 2 album release - forget the title.  But I've seen Slipknot 3 times.  The best live show I've ever seen.  So intense.

Lately I've been into a band called Famous Last Words.  Their lead vocalist is extremely talented.  Their music will be hit or miss with most, but they make concept albums taht tell a story from start to finish.  Council of the Dead is the best CD if you look them up.

11 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

lol.  I really wasn't a fan of Slipknot's last CD and I haven't heard Stone Sour since their 2 album release - forget the title.  But I've seen Slipknot 3 times.  The best live show I've ever seen.  So intense.

Lately I've been into a band called Famous Last Words.  Their lead vocalist is extremely talented.  Their music will be hit or miss with most, but they make concept albums taht tell a story from start to finish.  Council of the Dead is the best CD if you look them up.

Sweet, going to check them out today. Always looking for new music. Stone Sour has put out two cover albums recently and they're great. I love Slipknot's newest .5 the Grey Chapter. There's a lot of raw emotion there. They're still hurting due to Paul's death and Joey's dismissal. The new Drummee Jay and bassist V-Man are great though. Killpop off the newest album is amazing live. At the last show I caught 3 picks and a water bottle from Mick. 

13 minutes ago, corgi said:

Sweet, going to check them out today. Always looking for new music. Stone Sour has put out two cover albums recently and they're great. I love Slipknot's newest .5 the Grey Chapter. There's a lot of raw emotion there. They're still hurting due to Paul's death and Joey's dismissal. The new Drummee Jay and bassist V-Man are great though. Killpop off the newest album is amazing live. At the last show I caught 3 picks and a water bottle from Mick. 

I'll have to check out Stone Sour's newest albums.  Been a while since I've really went out looking for new music.  When I was in college man, I prided myself on finding new bands before they got big.  Trivium and Bullet For My Valentine were two I found before they got big and some others as well.  Went to concerts all the time before I got married and had kids. 

I loved getting into the pit to get picks and as close as I could to the band as I could.  Though I wasn't a mosher, it just didn't tickle my fancy like others.  Once saw two dudes shake hands and start throwing punches to each others bodies when Devildriver started playing Meet the Wrteched.  Fitting to say the least LOL. 

1 hour ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I'll have to check out Stone Sour's newest albums.  Been a while since I've really went out looking for new music.  When I was in college man, I prided myself on finding new bands before they got big.  Trivium and Bullet For My Valentine were two I found before they got big and some others as well.  Went to concerts all the time before I got married and had kids. 

I loved getting into the pit to get picks and as close as I could to the band as I could.  Though I wasn't a mosher, it just didn't tickle my fancy like others.  Once saw two dudes shake hands and start throwing punches to each others bodies when Devildriver started playing Meet the Wrteched.  Fitting to say the least LOL. 

Last year I saw Bullet for my Valentine open for lamb of god and Slipknot. Was a great show. Not the biggest fan of Bullet's lead singer but, the lead guitarist and drummer were on point. I'm not really a mosher either. As soon as the gates open I run full speed to the front of the stage and stay there the whole time. It's rad when you can interact with the lead singer or guitarists. Marilyn Manson, Corey Taylor, and Rob Zombie have all stood in front of me and leaned into me in the past year. Great times.

I actually got my wife into metal when we first started dating in high school. One of our first dates was a Metallica concert. We have probably been to a dozen shows in the past couple of years. We saw Ghost back in November. Very good live band.

9 hours ago, southwest1 said:

This is without a doubt the most misguided piece of garbage I have read on the forum in a very long time. So, if we cut loose Grigson we are destined to become the Browns? Just out of curiosity, hypothetically speaking, how swift will INDY's slide into irrelevancy be? haha

Yes, I realize this topic revolved around hiring Peyton Manning as the Colts future GM. I understand that. However, what you're really advocating for then is retaining Ryan right? Here's my problem with that strategy: Grigson's inability to protect our QB led to a lacerated kidney. It took him forever to figure out that all the WRs in the world won't mean a darn thing if Andrew Luck is injured or down for the count. Also, GMs bring in athletic talent. Any downgrade record wise is typically a product of coaching & teaching on the field usually. 

Have you ever considered the possibility that the longer we preserve this Pagano/Grigson duo the more our organization loses ground in the division in subsequent seasons? Hmmm...

What 'baffles' me is all the excuses some fans use to justify not rocking the boat. 

You need to relax. I didn't say we were destined to become the Browns if we fire Grigson and I didn't advocate for retaining him. I didn't even insinuate that. I simply said that things could absolutely be worse. You assumed those things and then formed an argument around that assumption.

I'm also not advocating for "not rocking the boat." I just don't think taking the attitude that "it couldn't be worse" is a logical metric for making organizational decisions.

5 minutes ago, corgi said:

Last year I saw Bullet for my Valentine open for lamb of god and Slipknot. Was a great show. Not the biggest fan of Bullet's lead singer but, the lead guitarist and drummer were on point. I'm not really a maher either. As soon as the gates open I run full speed to the front of the stage and stay there the whole time. It's rad when you can interact with the lead singer or guitarists. Marilyn Manson, Corey Taylor, and Rob Zombie have all stood in front of me and leaned into me in the past year. Great times.

I just seen Rob Zombie at riot fest in Chicago he's great. He played all White Zombie astro creep of course we went for the Misfits tho.  

13 minutes ago, corgi said:

Last year I saw Bullet for my Valentine open for lamb of god and Slipknot. Was a great show. Not the biggest fan of Bullet's lead singer but, the lead guitarist and drummer were on point. I'm not really a maher either. As soon as the gates open I run full speed to the front of the stage and stay there the whole time. It's rad when you can interact with the lead singer or guitarists. Marilyn Manson, Corey Taylor, and Rob Zombie have all stood in front of me and leaned into me in the past year. Great times.

Yeah man, tha'ts how I do it too.  I know we're kind of hijacking the thread, but it's not like this is a really great topic anyway.  But yeah, I try to slowly work my way up to the front when the opening bands are up.  It gets tough anymore because I'm getting older and I get mashed up against the railing.  There's been a few times I about blacked out.  If I do that now, I might not wake up lol.

I will say if you don't like the lead singer of BFMV (Matt Tuck), you may not like the band I suggested.  They're of a similar mold.  The lead singer for Famous Last Words (Jeremy Tollas) is more talented, IMO, but I don't know if you've heard BFMV's old stuff where Tuck was better (he's had a few throat surgeries from it).  Tollas has an insane yelling range but he can also sing pretty well too.  It's all really in the eye of the beholder.  Probably the most talented vocalist I've ever heard was for Scar Symmetry before he left - Christian Alvestam.  I never got to hear him live and I'm still sad about that.  That dude could be a vocalist for pretty much any band across any genre. 

1 hour ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Yeah man, tha'ts how I do it too.  I know we're kind of hijacking the thread, but it's not like this is a really great topic anyway.  But yeah, I try to slowly work my way up to the front when the opening bands are up.  It gets tough anymore because I'm getting older and I get mashed up against the railing.  There's been a few times I about blacked out.  If I do that now, I might not wake up lol.

I will say if you don't like the lead singer of BFMV (Matt Tuck), you may not like the band I suggested.  They're of a similar mold.  The lead singer for Famous Last Words (Jeremy Tollas) is more talented, IMO, but I don't know if you've heard BFMV's old stuff where Tuck was better (he's had a few throat surgeries from it).  Tollas has an insane yelling range but he can also sing pretty well too.  It's all really in the eye of the beholder.  Probably the most talented vocalist I've ever heard was for Scar Symmetry before he left - Christian Alvestam.  I never got to hear him live and I'm still sad about that.  That dude could be a vocalist for pretty much any band across any genre. 

It's not Tuck's voice that I don't like, it's more so that he looks like a dude that stumbled into a metal band rather than a guy who is in love with the music.

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I just seen Rob Zombie at riot fest in Chicago he's great. He played all White Zombie astro creep of course we went for the Misfits tho.  

Rob is great, his guitarist John 5 is probably my favorite of all time. He's amazing. Rob Zombie is also a fantastic Horror director IMO. I'm a huge Misfits fan, love Danzig and Graves eras. I saw the Misfits back in 2006 at a tiny club in Myrtle Beach when Jerry was singing...it was not a good show lol. Jerry should never sing.

Mostly agree with Superman... Manning would have to learn contract stuff and develop scouting experience like Elway did before his Broncos tenure.

I will say that the fans, in general, would cut him much more slack was given Grigson...

If Manning had been GM until this point in Luck's career (having made the same moves), the forum would be filled with threads justifying the T. Rich trade and reminding us that it takes a while to learn how to be an NFL GM. 

I still can't say that I would hate it, just that I would honestly rather have Grigson pick our 2017 draftees and sign our FAs... That being said, Peyton could be the best GM ever, with a little experience.

Maybe Irsay extended Grigson and Pagano with the knowledge that he would try to replace them if Manning became interested... No need to hire new blood if their days were numbered from day 1, right?

9 minutes ago, corgi said:

It's not Tuck's voice that I don't like, it's more so that he looks like a dude that stumbled into a metal band rather than a guy who is in love with the music.

Rob is great, his guitarist John 5 is probably my favorite of all time. He's amazing. Rob Zombie is also a fantastic Horror director IMO. I'm a huge Misfits fan, love Danzig and Graves eras. I saw the Misfits back in 2006 at a tiny club in Myrtle Beach when Jerry was singing...it was not a good show lol. Jerry should never sing.

Yeah this was Danzig Jerry and Doyle pretty much as close to the original you will prolly ever get and it was an amazing show they still kick so much ***. I love the Graves Era a lot too tho I absolutely love famous monsters.

13 hours ago, Superman said:

Why is Brad Wells still a thing?

Whether or not people like Brad Wells, he still has his sources very close to the organization. He totally predicted Grigson/Pagano turning into a complete clown show after the '14 season, and he was right, but no one believed him, not even me. He definitely seems to have his finger on the pulse of this situation as well, as does this Jim Osborne guy.