Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts could be forced into HBO's Hard Knocks next season

SilentHill

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/27/2016 at 5:43 AM, SilentHill said:

With missing the playoffs two seasons in a row, that opens the door for the league to force the Colts to participate in HBO's Hard Knocks next season.

How would you feel about this?

I would personally love it, it would be great to see inside the training camp with what attitude is around there.

*Edit - This is assuming that Pagano is retained. If he is fired I believe we can get the exemption back.

Love it.

I'd be glad to have my favorite team under the spotlight.

Hope it happens.....

If this is the worst thing that happens to the Colts this off-season,  we can all be pretty darn happy!

On 12/28/2016 at 5:55 AM, YourTearinApartLisa! said:

I'm not saying don't complain. This regime has done nothing and we are regressing. I complain all the time about our lack of talent on the defensive side of the ball, coaching and front office. But debacle is not a word I would use to describe the Colts season. Disappointing yes but I just feel as though the Texans are on the rise and are a more complete team. I just kind of expected it. Being a pro team and winning one game in a season is a debacle even if the team is the Browns and are historically bad.

For 3 seasons each better than the last we did regress these last 2  .

DEBACLE is exactly how I would describe the last couple of seasons easily .

Lets face it since Tony Dungy came to our Colts to fix our defense we'v patiently waited for a defense to be fielded that could maintain a lead & win us some games first with 18 now with 12 we here in Indy are still waiting ..

With Grigson gone that IMO is a step forward , I as usual look forward to FA & the draft expecting to see us draft a quality RB & adding alot of weapons on D .

And as far as Hard Knocks that describes our last 2 seasons perfectly if the Colts were to be on Hard Knocks maybe the Boomstick comes outta retirement ..

I don't like it. This team has been goofed on all too much lately and I wouldn't want to give the haters any more ammo. 

Also, I don't have HBO, so there's that. I'd probably love to watch it, but I don't want to be catching up and running into constant spoilers and having casual fans know more about what going on with the Colts than I do. Maybe silly reasons, but I still don't like it. JMO

6 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

I don't like it. This team has been goofed on all too much lately and I wouldn't want to give the haters any more ammo. 

Also, I don't have HBO, so there's that. I'd probably love to watch it, but I don't want to be catching up and running into constant spoilers and having casual fans know more about what going on with the Colts than I do. Maybe silly reasons, but I still don't like it. JMO

Just by being a forum memeber, you'll know everything there is to know before each episode airs, so no need to worry about any spoilers. If a player gets cut, injured, or is performing really well in TC, you'll hear about it here a full week before it airs on Hard Knocks.

23 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

You could always do what millions of people do for Game of Thrones, sign up, then cancel after the season, lol

2 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

You could always do what millions of people do for Game of Thrones, sign up, then cancel after the season, lol

I could see doing that. Hard Knocks is only 6 episodes, so just a bit over 1 month, and I think I pay roughly $10/month for HBO. The show goes a LONG way to helping me get my NFL fix every year, and if the Colts are the featured team, even better.

1 minute ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I could see doing that. Hard Knocks is only 6 episodes, so just a bit over 1 month, and I think I pay roughly $10/month for HBO. The show goes a LONG way to helping me get my NFL fix every year, and if the Colts are the featured team, even better.

HBO Now is $15/month, streaming only. You don't need cable service, and if you have a streaming device like Chromecast or Roku or Amazon Fire or AppleTV, you can watch on your big screen. 

I think I was paying more than $10/month for HBO before I cancelled it. 

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have a feeling it's going to happen. Let the stuff hit the fan soon haha 

Of all the qualifying teams, it does seem like the one with Andrew Luck would be the most attractive to the network. It was so bad watching the Rams last year, I would imagine HBO and the NFL would want to rebound from that.

55 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

Here is the list of eligible teams btw:

• Cleveland Browns
  • Baltimore Ravens
  • Tennessee Titans
  • Indianapolis Colts
  • Philadelphia Eagles
  • Chicago Bears
  • New Orleans Saints
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Titans , colts, eagles, and buccs would be worth watching. They have about to same draw as a team with luck, considering they have high pick qbs. We shall see but i will take a wild guess and say philly gets it due to their market amongst other factors.

2 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Only reason I dont want the Colts on it.

I don't know if I buy into the "distraction" thing or not. It only covers training camp & 2 preseason games, & it's not like the players are spending time in makeup or anything. There's literally nothing different about it except for being on camera during practice. These guys are supposed to be pros, so if being on camera is a distraction, they probably aren't going to be able to handle being in the NFL.

1 minute ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I don't know if I buy into the "distraction" thing or not. It only covers training camp & 2 preseason games, & it's not like the players are spending time in makeup or anything. There's literally nothing different about it except for being on camera during practice. These guys are supposed to be pros, so if being on camera is a distraction, they probably aren't going to be able to handle being in the NFL.

Yeah who knows if it would be a distraction too, if anyone. Just seems like the loser teams are always on that show lol. I don't want the Colts on it. But I will definitely watch it if they are. 

1 minute ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Yeah who knows if it would be a distraction too, if anyone. Just seems like the loser teams are always on that show lol. I don't want the Colts on it. But I will definitely watch it if they are. 

I've got to assume that it'll be between the Colts, Bears, and Eagles. Bears/Eagles have huge markets, Colts have Luck, who I feel like a lot of people would tune in to watch.

3 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I've got to assume that it'll be between the Colts, Bears, and Eagles. Bears/Eagles have huge markets, Colts have Luck, who I feel like a lot of people would tune in to watch.

Almost every sport site or draft forum I'm on, I'd say Atleast 70% all bash Luck. All say he's a turnover machine and overrated. Of course they're dumb as hell, and I always stick up for him. Honestly is pisses me off always reading it. But to me, it seems like the Colts aren't as universally liked as we'd think. But that doesn't mean people still wouldn't watch I guess.

Just now, Majin Vegeta said:

Almost every sport site or draft forum I'm on, I'd say Atleast 70% all bash Luck. All say he's a turnover machine and overrated. Of course they're dumb as hell, and I always stick up for him. Honestly is pisses me off always reading it. But to me, it seems like the Colts aren't as universally liked as we'd think. But that doesn't mean people still wouldn't watch I guess.

That's never going to change, even if he were to win 4 Super Bowls, there will be people who say "well Brady won 5." And people not liking a team will actually attract viewers, just like when I watch every Pats game just so I can root against them.

Also, do not underestimate how much people are jonesin' for football come June/July. It doesn't matter what team it is, if you're a football fan and have HBO, you'll watch.

29 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

That's never going to change, even if he were to win 4 Super Bowls, there will be people who say "well Brady won 5." And people not liking a team will actually attract viewers, just like when I watch every Pats game just so I can root against them.

Also, do not underestimate how much people are jonesin' for football come June/July. It doesn't matter what team it is, if you're a football fan and have HBO, you'll watch.

True true. 

Personally, I deplore the idea of INDY being on Hard Knocks. We always play better when we are under estimated, second guessed, & left for dead. Worldwide exposure on a regular basis for tabloid trash, NFL fodder is not my idea of fun. 

Look, I get that locker room anecdotes amongst teammates can be humorous once in awhile, but the best teams stay under the radar & avoid the spotlight. Besides, Pat McAfee is gone now. So, there goes our beloved comedian in the horseshoe anyway. 

I don't wanna know everything our players & coaches do during the season. Mystery can be a good thing after all 

8 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

It doesn't matter what team it is, if you're a football fan and have HBO, you'll watch.

I might slow down at the scene of a tragic accident too, but that doesn't mean I will pepper the cops with questions about what transpired here simply because up until now my day was an uneventful one either. 

I don't watch Hard Knocks ever because the premise of the show is artificial, stupid, & ratings based that becomes predictable & not all that gripping pretty quick. 

Maybe it's because I detest reality TV nonsense & find no value in it & just because you add a football, pads, & meetings. I'm not all that enthralled by it. 

6 hours ago, southwest1 said:

I might slow down at the scene of a tragic accident too, but that doesn't mean I will pepper the cops with questions about what transpired here simply because up until now my day was an uneventful one either. 

I don't watch Hard Knocks ever because the premise of the show is artificial, stupid, & ratings based that becomes predictable & not all that gripping pretty quick. 

Maybe it's because I detest reality TV nonsense & find no value in it & just because you add a football, pads, & meetings. I'm not all that enthralled by it. 

SW1, we're usually on the same page.  And I'm with you so called reality show, can't stand them.

But I love HK.  They manage to make even boring teams intriguing.  They always concentrate on a couple interesting vets, and on rookies struggling to make the team.  To me, watching what goes on in the film room is fascinating.  

To each his/her own, I hope the Colts are selected.  Either way, I'll watch every minute.  

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

SW1, we're usually on the same page.  And I'm with you so called reality show, can't stand them.

But I love HK.  They manage to make even boring teams intriguing.  They always concentrate on a couple interesting vets, and on rookies struggling to make the team.  To me, watching what goes on in the film room is fascinating.  

To each his/her own, I hope the Colts are selected.  Either way, I'll watch every minute.  

I watch it every year, it's really fun TV. So naturally I've always wanted the Colts to be featured, but they've never met the criteria until now. And anyone who'd rather the Colts not be on it has the option to just not watch. Their loss IMO.

23 minutes ago, jet1968 said:

Ive only watched 1 or 2 shows of Hard Knocks a few years ago and I was not impressed. My time could have been better spent watching paint dry.

yeah, its only good when there is some kind of drama or interesting story line.  the colts dont really have that

our coach is one of the most boring in the league.  andrew luck only speaks in cliches

mcafee would have been the biggest draw by far, now hes gone

Yeah, McAfee is where the real entertainment would've come from so now that he's retired I'm more meh on it.

It'd be fun watching Ballard do work as well as seeing Luck interact with teammates, but yeah nothing super exciting. Actually one random prediction I have is that there'd be renewed support for Chuck from part of the fanbase after the show airs. As mediocre a coach I think he is, he's a great guy and it'll show. Really he should be hoping HBO gives it to us. 

21 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Of all the qualifying teams, it does seem like the one with Andrew Luck would be the most attractive to the network. It was so bad watching the Rams last year, I would imagine HBO and the NFL would want to rebound from that.

market size is a factor

the colts would be from the smallest market to ever appear on HK, though i heard HBO has asked the team before and the colts declined.  (dont quote me on that last part)

i think it will go the the bears or eagles, due to market size and better stories to follow

15 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

market size is a factor

the colts would be from the smallest market to ever appear on HK, though i heard HBO has asked the team before and the colts declined.  (dont quote me on that last part)

i think it will go the the bears or eagles, due to market size and better stories to follow

They did in 2012 (Luck's rookie year).  Irsay even addressed it on Twitter, saying something like "We're not TV stars..."

38 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

They did in 2012 (Luck's rookie year).  Irsay even addressed it on Twitter, saying something like "We're not TV stars..."

The difference is they had a choice in 12.  If no one volunteers, the NFL could assign it to the Colts.  

I agree, not enough compelling stories in Indy.  

5 hours ago, Tmoney said:

I wonder how this would affect potential free agents coming in. I would personally love to be on the show but it probably varries person to person. For those that would want to be on Hard Knocks, that could sway them to come our way.

I would certainly hope that our free agents would be attracted to the thought of playing for the Indianapolis Colts, not getting their share of spotlight on a crappy HBO show.