Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Didn't irsay once say....

C0lts088

13 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

I think he was grooming his girls for the job in the future but I don't remember him putting a time frame on it.

Reminds me of my 66-yr old co-worker who says every year she's going to retire, but doesn't. I keep bringing in a cake for her birthday, thinking it will be her last year, and it never is. I'm done bringing cake.

3 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

Reminds me of my 66-yr old co-worker who says every year she's going to retire, but doesn't. I keep bringing in a cake for her birthday, thinking it will be her last year, and it never is. I'm done bringing cake.

So I guess she is not going to retire on your terms and you dislike her so much she quit having birthdays?

You might be 66 one day. Just saying.

4 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

Just bring her doughnuts. You don't get a cake when you're 66, I'm 30 and I don't get a cake anymore. I don't get doughnuts either.

5 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

I think he was grooming his girls for the job in the future but I don't remember him putting a time frame on it.

He did say in an interview back in 2008 or so that he was going to retire when Peyton retired...but that was long before Peyton became a Bronco.  Plans change.

http://www.theindychannel.com/sports/colts-next-owner-casey-irsay-talks-about-her-team

He's also made Casey a deal that might make many Colts fans cringe: "When Peyton retires, then it's her team."

6 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

I'll take the cake.  I'm not retiring, but I like cake.

16 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Things change.  In 2008, he couldn't have known Andrew Luck would fall into his lab in 2012.  That is a pretty exciting thing to occur for a team, and is something that could make him reconsider his idea of giving the team to his daughter after Peyton retires.

His three daughters are listed as owners in the staff directory.

8 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

So I guess she is not going to retire on your terms and you dislike her so much she quit having birthdays?

You might be 66 one day. Just saying.

I'm just saying it's expensive bringing in cake, and now that I set a precedent for it, I feel bad about quitting, but it simply has to be done. We'll still do birthdays, but yea, instead, I'll bring donuts -- much cheaper.

13 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

I'm just saying it's expensive bringing in cake, and now that I set a precedent for it, I feel bad about quitting, but it simply has to be done. We'll still do birthdays, but yea, instead, I'll bring donuts -- much cheaper.

Or maybe a cup cake with a single candle?

1 hour ago, ReMeDy said:

Off topic and just out of curiosity, how long are you going to keep that signature of pags ? lol 

Just now, chad hugo said:

Off topic and just out of curiosity, how long are you going to keep that signature of pags ? lol 

I wear it as a badge of honor, reminding me of the glory days, at this point. I'll take it down once he's fired, lol.

5 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

And we don't know how involved they are in decision making.  But I think they might be more involved then we're aware of.  

That's a good point. Irsay being the proud father and man that he is, might be directing any blame away from his daughters, but of course I'm purely speculating here.

9 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

And we don't know how involved they are in decision making.  But I think they might be more involved then we're aware of.  

One of them (I cannot remember which one) reportedly now attends all owner meetings.

I suspect that the daughters are currently in OJT mode.  Financially, I'm sure Irsay has a plan to transition ownership to his daughters in a way that minimizes any tax obligation for them.

On 10/19/2016 at 4:05 PM, ReMeDy said:

I'm 62. My boss brings me both so I WON'T  retire!

On October 19, 2016 at 7:17 PM, ReMeDy said:

Well at this point, yea, it may as well be, but that wasn't my original intention, lol.

Keep it as a sad reminder of high hopes we had and the reality of bitter disappointment we now face. His marshmallow defenses couldn't break a candied yam.