Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Season is over...

bap1331

3 hours ago, Hi-Tek said:

The funny thing is, they can conceivably win their next three games.

Yea... Okay. If cutler gets a gamewinning drive against the colts they might as well put a white flag up and not bother playing the rest of the season.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

All in all they played a pretty bad game today against a talented team, and still only lost by a FG. I honestly wouldn't be that surprised if they won the next 3, but at this point I'll have to see it to believe it.

You call an 0-3 team talented?

8 minutes ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

It is for me. I have very few hours of off time and I'm not going to spend them watching crap performance after crap performance any longer. As long as Pags and Grigson are here, you see what you are going to get. Time to turn my attention to MLB, and basketball will be starting soon.

Yeah I'm looking towards basketball also, heck watching IU football is vastly superior to watching the Colts.  Now that is sad, great win vs Mich St though last night.  This Colts team has more problems than it has in ages, they've somehow managed to regress from last year IMO.  

I don't think the SB was ever on the table this year. At the very best this squad get's bounced in the Wild Card round. So yeah, in that respect it's over. I'll hold out hope for improvement and some solid W's, but it's up to them to put together 60 solid min on occasion. We haven't seen that in a long while. 

4 hours ago, Introspect said:

Many in the Colt nation have looked at this team with the Shoe Glasses on.  This is a poorly coached team that I believed would not make the playoffs.

This is a 6 win team (if we are fortunate).

The downward turn of this team began when Arians left and Pagano returned from treatment.

Been saying that for many years Pagano and Grigson are clueless but many Colt fan's like you said have shoe glasses on 

3 hours ago, IinD said:

It's not technically over, but there's no chance this team puts a 'run' together.

They're not good, regardless of your homerism. 

Our schemes and coaching are terrible. Blame whoever, but we aren't a good team that can expect wins against certain teams like we once did. We can lose to anybody nowadays.

D'oh!

13 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

This is kinda where i'm at.

Luck had NO TIME with three rookies on the line.  

I see this team as being close.  IF we can keep within reach of Houston, we play them twice. 

I see the potential. But, like in Denver, defensive penaties and pressure on Luck killed us. With Goode and Reitz, we win today.

The Colts have not had a healthy team all year. For 3 games it was the secondary and yesterday was the O-line. The friendly fire (some caused by rookie starters) has contributed to the slow starts. I'll defer passing judgment until;

1. The starting O-line is healthy.

2. The starting secondary has payed together for a couple of weeks.

3. We see a complete game where the mistakes that have been made this year have been corrected (dropped passes, dumb mistakes, ill-advised throws, bad technique on the o-line)

The Jets, Panthers and Cardinals are all sitting at 1-3. Some on this board would give any of these teams a better shot at turning things around. Some "analysts" say the Colts have the worst talent in the league, I disagree. We shall see what happens, but because so many things are correctable and because we have seen (in each of the 4 games) glimpses of how good the Colts can be, I don't think this season is over by a long shot.

To quote Peyton; " Don't be led by your obstacles and setbacks, be led by your vision".

I love the Colts! been following them since the 1960"s .But Frank Gore ,Give me a break! If He has a 4 yard run they want to throw a party. Jim Harbaugh benched him 2 years ago because he was old and slow! If this GM an Coach think he is the answer lets get ready for more slow starts and looking up at the rest of the division.

16 hours ago, bap1331 said:

Lets be honest. The things we need to get fixed for the past 4 years have not even improved for the slightest. It gets worse and worse. The worst part is this team cant play 60 minutes. Patriots wont lose more than 4 games making the broncos and patriots the home field advantage teams. So in the end what are the colts fighting for getting into the dang playoffs if they cant even play a whole quarter without making a single mistake.

How often do we see the pats and broncos make mistakes? Cant keep up with those teams so i would rather save the embarrassment and hope everyone gets cleaned in the house except luck,  davis,  vinny, pat, and maybe ty. Thats all we really kinda have.

Not even looking forward to rebuilding because that will take another couple years...

I also want Moncrief, Dorsett, Geathers, Morrison and Maggitt, Joe Haug, Henry Anderson and not to many more. 

16 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

That's where I'm at. I mean this team is a few breaks away from being 2-2 maybe even 3-1. But the problem to me, more so than losing is that they are exhibiting the same problems. Slow starts, penalties, and failure to protect Luck (though today the O line was all sorts of tattered). These are problems the Colts are having against bad teams. So what's gonna happen when they go up against HOU,  GB, KC, OAK and PIT?

The pass rush is the most enormous issue out of anything else I can think of.  The protection is adequate to pretty good with Reitz and Good in there healthy.  Luck turning the football over can be fixed I suppose.  Maybe the slow starts can be addressed a little bit, but I'm having trouble figuring out if there is any type of solution to this really bad pass rush?  I've tried to give it a couple games, but it's become more clear now that Mathis age has caught up with him.  

Ayers isn't really doing much of nothing,   Maggitt looks like he's just running around out there and I don't know that I see much promise in him.  Walden is about the only guy that is getting to the QB and we all know he's more of a complimentary guy than any type of real solution for rushing the passer.  This linebacking corps we have is a real problem.  All of them have issues from the starters to the backups. How we felt comfortable with this group is concerning.  I just don't know if there is much of anything they can do about that issue and in the end I think it could be a nail in the coffin type of thing for this team this year.  I don't see much of any trades or moves we could do to improve that area of the team. I'm not real good with the pessimistic stuff, but I must say I'm a bit pessimistic about this issue becoming much better.

It's not only how much better Denver, Pittsburgh and New England are but more to the core is those teams are winning with back up players in key positions. How long have those three teams been winners? Even when the Colts were with Manning they won one SB. It may be only one play but that ridiculous three man line up behind the ball at New England revealed an organization that does not know how to be excellent. Pagano comments on the loss to the Jags listed almost every aspect of the game they failed at meaning they are lost, they don't know what to do and how to fix anything. They mirror San Diego, two small fish in a sea of sharks. 

Season was over in pre season.  The only shock is really how bad Jacksonville and houston are,and we still don't have a chance in hell to win the division.  Not sure why pags n grigs are still around. What a wasted team realistically,pathetic and embarrassing. They should really b winless if San Diego just tackles ty, cause we didn't deserve to win that.

18 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

If they win the next three games, then sure. They are definitely back in the mix. But I highly highly highly highly highly highly highly (highly) doubt they beat Houston and even Tennessee if they can't beat Jacksonville.

It's no guarantee we even beat Chicago.  They just beat Detroit so I certainly don't see why they couldn't end up beating us with how we are playing.

From Gregg Doyel:

On their way out, leaving the locker room for a bus that would take them to Heathrow Airport and a trans-Atlantic flight home, the Colts were greeted by a former teammate. He’s working for German television now, unable to find a job in the NFL anymore. He’s always happy, this guy.

And so it was that the Colts flew all the way over an ocean to lose to the winless Jaguars, and one of the last things they saw on their way out of Wembley Stadium was the smiling face of Bjoern Werner.
Image result for defeated gif

18 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

If they win the next three games, then sure. They are definitely back in the mix. But I highly highly highly highly highly highly highly (highly) doubt they beat Houston and even Tennessee if they can't beat Jacksonville.

I agree.

36 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Agreed we are not the worst team in football

I think that is yet to be established.   We are very close to the worst team.   Thanks goodness we have Luck.   

Many think of the Browns as the worst, but they have been competitive in every game and within a few points in the 4th quarter in 3 of their losses.  This without a good starting QB.   

I think most of us wonder what the "real" talent level of this team is.   Has Grigson done a good job and Pagano just is not coaching the players to their potential?   Is Pagano doing the best he can with the available resources? 

19 hours ago, Introspect said:

Many in the Colt nation have looked at this team with the Shoe Glasses on.  This is a poorly coached team that I believed would not make the playoffs.

This is a 6 win team (if we are fortunate).

The downward turn of this team began when Arians left and Pagano returned from treatment.

19 hours ago, bap1331 said:

Not even looking forward to rebuilding because that will take another couple years...

I'm struggling to see the light at the end of this tunnel, because I don't  trust that our GM knows how to rebuild a team... So we could attempt to rebuild for 2-3 years and be worse off than we are now, as hard a pill as that is to swallow.  Then boom, Luck's prime years are wasted.  I wasn't always a fan of how Bill Polian did things, but looking back, the man did out together a contender almost every single year.  

4 minutes ago, Mr Coffee said:

I feel the same way. I have been a Colts fan for a long time and keep seeing the same thing over and over. I believe they need to clean house with Pagano and Grigson and most of the coaches. I would get rid of some of the older players and go to a 4-3 defense. They need to get more physical. When was the last time they blitzed?? Both the offense and defense are so predictable that teams do not even have to game plan for them any more. How many times is Pagano and Luck going to say we need to do better. To be quite frank "they suck" on both sides of the ball. The play calling is inept and they could not even cover my grandmother without a holding penalty!!

2 hours ago, atgnat1980 said:

Worst fanbase. No belief at all. All the should of kept Arians talk, What would he do. There even the same record as us.

We are realistic. Those of us who have been fans since 1984 have seen it all and right now we are seeing the worst managed, most underachieving, most lethargic Colts team ever in Indy history.

1 hour ago, Myles said:

I think that is yet to be established.   We are very close to the worst team.   Thanks goodness we have Luck.   

Many think of the Browns as the worst, but they have been competitive in every game and within a few points in the 4th quarter in 3 of their losses.  This without a good starting QB.   

I think most of us wonder what the "real" talent level of this team is.   Has Grigson done a good job and Pagano just is not coaching the players to their potential?   Is Pagano doing the best he can with the available resources? 

I think Grigson has failed this team but I don't believe Pagano is the answer at head coach either he is too soft with the players its not about being a family or friend with the players its about do your job I don't want to hear excuses. Tomlin is like that with his players I have heard him say no excuses no explanations you know what I mean?.

1 hour ago, jameszeigler834 said:

I think Grigson has failed this team but I don't believe Pagano is the answer at head coach either he is too soft with the players its not about being a family or friend with the players its about do your job I don't want to hear excuses. Tomlin is like that with his players I have heard him say no excuses no explanations you know what I mean?.

Well said.