Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Players ruled out for the Chargers game

snkdy

2 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Man Patrick Robinson must have a serious concussion. Most players would be urging to get out there and play through it.

It is not up to the player, or the coaches for that matter.  There are independent docs that monitor the protocol that the league now mandates,  The team could be heavily penalized if they don't follow it to the letter.  I am sure Robinson would love to be out there, but until he is cleared thru the protocol, and then our doctors there is nothing he can do.....  he practiced Thursday and likely had headaches and other symptoms that set him back...

On the bright side we will have a few more bodies available this week, although they won't be 100%....

Melvin has played just fine in coverage. His coverage has been thrown at 7 times for 3 catches and 30 yards in 2 games.

Darryl Morris has given up 9 catches on 10 targets into his coverage for 105 yards in 2 games

Cromartie targeted 9 times in his coverage for 7 catches and 121 yards in 2 games

Patrick Robinson has been who I thought he was but I cant find his numbers again, Used to have them. They aren't good

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/week-2-afc-targets-touches-191300310--nfl.html

5 minutes ago, bigt said:

It appears Melvin and Davis should be our number 1 and 2 cornerbacks.

Based on play I think it should be open for discussion or consideration HOWEVER I see the coaches going back to Robinson or Cromartie. Would I? Well I certainly would not stick Robinson in as our #2 Corner. Cromartie has had some good years as a #2 however. At the end of the day I think you go with the player playing the best and while Melvin has not been real good he has outperformed Cromartie and Robinson. Cromartie is just a band aid anyway and wont be around long term and Robinson just isn't a #2 in my opinion

1 hour ago, Gavin said:

Melvin has played just fine in coverage. His coverage has been thrown at 7 times for 3 catches and 30 yards in 2 games.

Darryl Morris has given up 9 catches on 10 targets into his coverage for 105 yards in 2 games

Cromartie targeted 9 times in his coverage for 7 catches and 121 yards in 2 games

Patrick Robinson has been who I thought he was but I cant find his numbers again, Used to have them. They aren't good

Melvin I thought was playing well based on what my eyes saw 

1 hour ago, Gavin said:

Glad others are seeing what I see in Robinson

12 minutes ago, krunk said:

The guy plays one game and "he's who I thought he was"  That's a lot of data there pal.  LOL

He also has 74 other games of proof with 44 starts. He is fine a slot but as a #2 he is a big play liability. Case in point the 32 yarder he gave up in his last game as 1 example. He is what he is. He is fine until you throw deep on him and then he loses track of the ball and gets his head around late or not at all

Ill also add don't worry Melvin has only got his hands on 1 ball for a deflection so he hasn't exactly made many game changing plays at all

4 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Man Patrick Robinson must have a serious concussion. Most players would be urging to get out there and play through it.

How do you know Robinson isn't urging to get out there and play through it?

That's why the NFL created the concussion protocol.     A doctor has to clear you and you have to take certain steps before you can play........     even if you want to.

This is designed to prevent players from playing when they shouldn't just because the want to.

1 hour ago, Gavin said:

Patrick Robinson has played TWO games.....   and went out of one early with a concussion.

And he didn't even play much in the pre-season due to injury (ankle)

So, he hasn't played enough for you to confirm he is what you thought he was.    Why do you do this?

20 minutes ago, Gavin said:

He also has 74 other games of proof with 44 starts. He is fine a slot but as a #2 he is a big play liability. Case in point the 32 yarder he gave up in his last game as 1 example. He is what he is. He is fine until you throw deep on him and then he loses track of the ball and gets his head around late or not at all

It was one game, not even a full game because the dude got hurt.  I'm fine with Cromartie playing there over him, but you go way into trying to show us he's this bad luck Black Cat that's worse than Toler.  We've seen every corner back on this team give up a long pass before.  He was in good position when he got beat, it happens sometimes.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Patrick Robinson has played TWO games.....   and went out of one early with a concussion.

And he didn't even play much in the pre-season due to injury (ankle)

So, he hasn't played enough for you to confirm he is what you thought he was.    Why do you do this?

He has 44 other starts and has played in 74 total games. His best play came lined up in the slot in his career. He is 29 years and has a history of lengthy history of poor technique and giving up the big play.

1 hour ago, Gavin said:

He has 44 other starts and has played in 74 total games. His best play came lined up in the slot in his career. He is 29 years and has a history of lengthy history of poor technique and giving up the big play.

Sorry,  but there's no genius insight here.....   No one offer Robinson a contract he was willing to sign during the early free agency period when a signing impacts compensatory draft picks.     

Then, the Colts signed him to a modest 3/12 deal.    Not exactly star money.    He is what he is.

I just hate the jumping to conclusions based on almost no pre-season and basically one game.

Give the guy a chance to do.......     something.....       anything. 

He might not be great.      He might not even be good.      But he might be average or decent,  and maybe you'll be surprised....

41 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sorry,  but there's no genius insight here.....   No one offer Robinson a contract he was willing to sign during the early free agency period when a signing impacts compensatory draft picks.     

Then, the Colts signed him to a modest 3/12 deal.    Not exactly star money.    He is what he is.

I just hate the jumping to conclusions based on almost no pre-season and basically one game.

Give the guy a chance to do.......     something.....       anything. 

He might not be great.      He might not even be good.      But he might be average or decent,  and maybe you'll be surprised....

Fair enough. All I'm really saying I suppose without saying it directly is based on Robinsons history as a # 2 Corner I wasn't ever on board with the hire to begin with and even though he has seen little action to this point what action we have seen hasn't to this point given me reason to believe based on my own two eyes and backed up by numbers that he has improved or was a wise investment though as you point he was not a financially costly investment

I even went as far to say he is the healthy version of Greg Toler...But I might even have to back off that statement given his current circumstances

4 hours ago, Gavin said:

Ouch!  That's definitely gotta improve, can't really get much worse as players returning at least...... Let's hope!

55 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Fair enough. All I'm really saying I suppose without saying it directly is based on Robinsons history as a # 2 Corner I wasn't ever on board with the hire to begin with and even though he has seen little action to this point what action we have seen hasn't to this point given me reason to believe based on my own two eyes and backed up by numbers that he has improved or was a wise investment though as you point he was not a financially costly investment

I even went as far to say he is the healthy version of Greg Toler...But I might even have to back off that statement given his current circumstances

I agree

17 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Ouch!  That's definitely gotta improve, can't really get much worse as players returning at least...... Let's hope!

I'm fine with a Corner giving up yards or getting beat deep from time to time as long as he is making plays on the ball. Deflections with a couple picks. Obviously I don't want a Corner to be beat deep a lot but if its not for TD's then so be it as long as he is making plays on the ball. He made 21 plays on the ball in 2012 18 passed deflected and 3 picks but still got beat deep a good amount...I'm fine with that as long as its not in key moments of games but counter that with efficient tackling after getting beat and making plays on the ball when you don't get beat