dw49

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, VaAllDay757 said:

He would've got beat worse than reitz lol

Yeah, and if this if that. You don't know.

But if you go and watch last years game, it was very evident that the only thing Reitz has on Good is experience. But as for size, strength, and length Good has him beat.

So you can if this if that all day, but at the end of the day its speculation. However, what is not speculation is that Good played the RT position better in the limited tape we do have. 

17 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Lord....I hope Chuck doesn't start heaping praise on this guy again.

I could see Pags giving him massive props, "Joe has that grit and toughness, he's like a robotic mechanical death bull with flaming eyes.  Denver did well, it's SOOO SOOO so hard to win in the NFL."  

Just now, Malakai432 said:

I could see Pags giving him massive props, "Joe has that grit and toughness, he's like a robotic mechanical death bull with flaming eyes.  Denver did well, it's SOOO SOOO so hard to win in the NFL."  

Don't blame pags for his play. 

2 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Yeah these folks don't realize how good miller is.....it's more so of how great miller is than how reitz sucks

We all know Miller is great. Reitz is a stop gap , backup type guy. The coaching staff and or Grigson needed to make a move in the off season to make Reitz a depth guy. Not a player to take on Von Miller one on one in a situation like we just saw. 

3 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

Yeah, and if this if that. You don't know.

But if you go and watch last years game, it was very evident that the only thing Reitz has on Good is experience. But as for size, strength, and length Good has him beat.

So you can if this if that all day, but at the end of the day its speculation. However, what is not speculation is that Good played the RT position better in the limited tape we do have. 

There's no if to it it's obvious why put inexpensive player against a dominant pass rusher? That makes no sense

3 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

Can you please at least attempt to form a proper sentence. I wanted to read it, but my brain was just like... 

No.

So let me put this in prospective for you to read. Both tackles for the colts are not very good it was shown today as it was shown last week. It does no matter how good ware and miller are they should be able to hold their own. The management payed Constanzo a lot of money to protect luck and so far this season he has performed below average, If ware was not injured in the 3rd quarter the LT would of been in the backfield more then the RB due to being pushed backed As for reitz I believe he is a backup and should sit and stay as a backup. Move Good back to RT, and put in Haeg and or Clark at RG as a option. Do you understand this 

5 minutes ago, dw49 said:

We all know Miller is great. Reitz is a stop gap , backup type guy. The coaching staff and or Grigson needed to make a move in the off season to make Reitz a depth guy. Not a player to take on Von Miller one on one in a situation like we just saw. 

Then that's the coaches fault for not changing the protection and double teaming miller

2 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

Don't blame pags for his play. 

If Pagano felt the Colts were fine with Reitz as our starting RT , then I blame him. There are ways in the offseason and draft to secure a decent RT. Or maybe move Good there and find a starting guard ? IMO ... Reitz has never looked like a starting caliber RT. I like him as a back up guard. But just my opinion.

Just now, dw49 said:

If Pagano felt the Colts were fine with Reitz as our starting RT , then I blame him. There are ways in the offseason and draft to secure a decent RT. Or maybe move Good there and find a starting guard ? IMO ... Reitz has never looked like a starting caliber RT. I like him as a back up guard. But just my opinion.

Maybe we should have drafted 6 OL in this years draft instead of 4 right?

Or maybe he should just hire one of the 50 top 10 RT (yes i said 50 top 10) free agent RT's.

Or maybe he should trade Andrew Luck and our next 10 picks for a franchise RT. 

Shut up dude.

1 minute ago, pgt_rob said:

Are we seriously complaining about how Joe Reitz not holding his own against the best defensive player in the entire league? LOL C'mon guys...

You're acting as if he performed well last week. He's sloppy with his footwork.

Just now, Solon said:

You're acting as if he performed well last week. He's sloppy with his footwork.

Insert Joe Haeg or whoever people are calling to replace Reitz. Guaranteed same outcome. Von Miller is..... the best defensive player in the league!

We should pick better battles because this isn't one to complain about.

Just now, VaAllDay757 said:

Look at it again....the strip sack fumble reitz had him one on one there was no chip or double team and the sacks

That's one sack, out of how many other sacks and hurries? 

Granted that one was the most impactful but watch the entire game. Either way he was bullrushed by a speed rusher. 

Either way, its bad play. 

1 minute ago, pgt_rob said:

Insert Joe Haeg or whoever people are calling to replace Reitz. Guaranteed same outcome. Von Miller is..... the best defensive player in the league!

We should pick better battles because this isn't one to complain about.

Yeah, but he struggled against a bunch of nobodies from Detroit too. People were complaining about his performance last week. If he struggles next week too, then I don't know about Reitz. Maybe we should start Haeg or Clark.

Just now, AustinnKaine said:

That's one sack, out of how many other sacks and hurries? 

Granted that one was the most impactful but watch the entire game. Either way he was bullrushed by a speed rusher. 

Either way, its bad play. 

One too many sacks that will effect the game that's why they invested in the offensive line heavy this year to prevent that

5 minutes ago, Solon said:

Yeah, but he struggled against a bunch of nobodies from Detroit too. People were complaining about his performance last week. If he struggles next week too, then I don't know about Reitz. Maybe we should start Haeg or Clark.

Offensive played great last week. I wouldn't be complaining about that. It's the defense that crapped to bed. This week was a struggle on both sides. I wouldn't be complaining about Joe Reitz against the #1 player in football right now, kind of dumb.

I was one of those people who wanted Pagano retained and release Grigson. Grigson was an offensive lineman. you would think he could pick the kind of athletes needed to improve this offensive line. I thought it was proven that grigson stepped all over Pagano during head coaching decisions? Why was he retained? I would almost bet that, without Grigson's interference, Rietz would not have made the final 53 man roster. He should be sitting on the pine with another team. Look how long we held on to Lincinbauch even though he could not block out a bunch of girl scouts.

1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

We need to replace him at RT. 

He has been downright awful!

...and never anything but.

I appreciate that he's a versatile backup.  But he's simply not good enough to be a starting lineman in this league.  He's almost always slower and weaker than the guy lined up across from him.  He didn't play college football and it shows.

I know that he went up against an elite DE today.  But this has been a lingering frustration of mine for several years.  How in the world do we "revamp" our offensive line...and leave him on it?

He should've been the first to go.

3 minutes ago, jimmy g said:

Personally, I think AC is a RT and we need a new LT.  But the Colts overpaid AC, and now they're stuck.  Haeg handled LT well in Preseason, but he's hurt, not strong enough, and inexperienced.  Could be a long season for Andrew....

That too.  I agree we overpaid AC -- he's no Jonathan Ogden.  But at least he's an NFL-caliber lineman.

What good is having a great QB if you don't have a good enough O-line to let him do his job?

What gets me is that Ryan Grigson himself WAS an offensive lineman!!!