Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton should be our next GM

dudley dawson

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure and then let's sign

Usain Bolt as a HB - He'd take every one to the house.

LeBron James as the rush LB - With his moves and size he'd be a beast.

Kotoshogiku for RT No one could get by the 5'11" 390lb Sumo wrestler and he'd be a devetating run blocker.

Sorry to ruin your faith in humanity buccolts.

2 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Sure and then let's sign

Usain Bolt as a HB - He'd take everyone to the house.

Kotoshogiku for RT No one could get by the 5'11" 390lb Sumo wrestler and he'd be a devetating run blocker.

Boy, you're a quick learner.

1 minute ago, dudley dawson said:

Some of you are acting as if the current GM we have is good.  Our team is a joke outside of maybe 5 players.  I would take a gamble with Peyton in a heartbeat over Grigson.

That is 2 "in a heartbeats".

:cheer2:

7 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Sure and then let's sign

Usain Bolt as a HB - He'd take everyone to the house.

Usain Bolt wouldn't sign with the Colts. He wants to win, probably choose Patriots.

Same for LeBron. haha

6 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

Some of you are acting as if the current GM we have is good.  Our team is a joke outside of maybe 5 players.  I would take a gamble with Peyton in a heartbeat over Grigson.

No, most are just acting like the suggestion is ridiculous and funny.  Especially the part of Gruden as HC.

1 hour ago, dudley dawson said:

Who says no?

I think Peyton as GM/Gruden as HC would be amazing.  Certainly a huge upgrade from the current structure.

NO 

Hes happy to do what hes doing & IMO maybe in a few years he might come back to football & when he does it will be as part owner or OC ...

Until then .

4 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

Gruden was rumored to be in the mix before Pagano got extended.  He would be a major upgrade.  Nobody can seriously argue Pagano is a better coach than him.

Yeah, but consider the sources.

Us, and media types in desperate need of attention.

Heck, many of us wanted Fisher.

1 hour ago, dudley dawson said:

Who says no?

I think Peyton as GM/Gruden as HC would be amazing.  Certainly a huge upgrade from the current structure.

I would without question welcome Peyton as the new GM in the Elway role. I have little doubt he'd be better than Grigson. 

As for the next HC, I'd rather go with a more reasonable option. Harbaugh at Michigan would be near the top of my list. Also I really like Houston head coach Tom Herman in college. 

Just now, BProland85 said:

I would without question welcome Peyton as the new GM in the Elway role. I have little doubt he'd be better than Grigson. 

As as the next HC, I'd rather go with a more reasonable option. Harbaugh at Michigan would be near the top of my list. 

I'd prefer Harbaugh as well, but I think we'd have a better shot of prying Gruden away from ESPN than Harbaugh from Michigan.  I'd also be happy with Saban.

26 minutes ago, Myles said:

In a heartbeat.   Having a GM who is as dedicated as Manning is would be great.    I don't think he would "wiff" on many draft picks because he would put in the time to study the players.  

You're ridiculous if you don't think Grigson and every other GM and scouting staff in the league does not put 100% effort and dedication in finding the person they believe will best fit the team. Nobody is perfect and just because Manning was a successful quarterback on the team doesn't mean he would never have any bad draft picks. It's insulting to GMs everywhere that people think Manning could step right in, look at every position and pick the right players every time. That's insanity.

Just now, dudley dawson said:

I'd prefer Harbaugh as well, but I think we'd have a better shot of prying Gruden away from ESPN than Harbaugh from Michigan.  I'd also be happy with Saban.

Saban would be exposed as a fraud in the NFL, IMO. He is a great recruiter, and works with guys who are significantly more talented the the rest of college football. When it's a lot more equal, Saban will be exposed as a fraud.

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

You're ridiculous if you don't think Grigson and every other GM and scouting staff in the league does not put 100% effort and dedication in finding the person they believe will best fit the team. Nobody is perfect and just because Manning was a successful quarterback on the team doesn't mean he would never have any bad draft picks. It's insulting to GMs everywhere that people think Manning could step right in, look at every position and pick the right players every time. That's insanity.

What it comes down to is this: Would Peyton be better than Grigson?  100% yes.

3 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

I think Harbaugh is more likely than both Saban and Gruden. Harbaugh loved coaching Luck. Plus he played for Indy. 

16 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

Gruden was rumored to be in the mix before Pagano got extended.  He would be a major upgrade.  Nobody can seriously argue Pagano is a better coach than him.

Since when has Gruden been a great head coach? He took a Dungy team and won a super bowl and went right down hill after that to where he got fired and hasn't worked as a head coach since.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Since when has Gruden been a great head coach? He took a Dungy team and won a super bowl and went right down hill after that to where he got fired and hasn't worked as a head coach since.

Lazy reasoning.  Gruden was the coach that year, not Dungy.  And he beat the team he built prior.  That is quite an accomplishment.