Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton should be our next GM

dudley dawson

30 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

As stated in the last thread, what make anyone think Manning is even interested in a GM position? He has not said that he is interested and I doubt he is.

He is more than likely happy doing what he is doing now. Being with his family, doing commercials and running his businesses.

Why this subject is even brought up dumbfounds me because there is no clues that Manning is interested in taking a job that will take his time away from what he is doing now.

It's a hypothetical thread.   There are many of them on these forums.  

I don't think he wants to be a GM at this time.   In 5 years maybe he would.  

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

Peyton would be an obvious upgrade over Grigson. PM is more than qualified to be a GM, where as Grigson was not qualified when he was hired. Someone mentioned Matt Millen earler, and Grigson is somehow worse than Millen. Not sure what we, the Colts fans, did to deserve such a terrible GM

If you think Grigs is worse than Millen then you must think Pagano is a fantastic coach.

Just now, Coffeedrinker said:

If you think Grigs is worse than Millen then you must think Pagano is a fantastic coach.

I'm not a huge Pagano fan, but it's hard to be a good coach when you have bad players. Our problems start at the top, which is Grigson. Look at the entire 2013 draft class. Nobody is still on the team. Even if Grigson was purposely trying to blow the draft, he couldn't have done any worse

21 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

Peyton would be an obvious upgrade over Grigson. PM is more than qualified to be a GM, where as Grigson was not qualified when he was hired. Someone mentioned Matt Millen earler, and Grigson is somehow worse than Millen. Not sure what we, the Colts fans, did to deserve such a terrible GM

Complete nonsense.   Grigson isn't my favorite by a long shot,   but he is far better than Millen

1 minute ago, Pacergeek said:

I'm not a huge Pagano fan, but it's hard to be a good coach when you have bad players. Our problems start at the top, which is Grigson. Look at the entire 2013 draft class. Nobody is still on the team. Even if Grigson was purposely trying to blow the draft, he couldn't have done any worse

I'm not a fan of either Grigs or Pagano but I'm not the one claiming he is worse than Matt Millan.  

And as someone else stated, if you really think that then you don't understand football at all.

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

It's a hypothetical thread.   There are many of them on these forums.  

I don't think he wants to be a GM at this time.   In 5 years maybe he would.  

The OP did not start this thread as being hypothetical IMO. This thread was started as just another bash Grigson thread. (like we don't have enough already?)

Who knows, you might be right down the road but I just don't think Manning wants any part of anything he don't own a piece of.

5 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

Your whole bash Grigson has become a joke because you have just made yourself look either silly or very uninformed. Your views are getting old and lamer by the day.

7 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

2013 was a bad draft no doubt but not as bad as it initially sounds when you look at some things like:

Chiefs, only have two players from the 2013 draft

Broncos only have 2 players,

the list goes on.  2013 was a bad year. for the NFL draft.  So you take a mediocre GM and a bad NFL draft and that is what you get.

16 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Your whole bash Grigson has become a joke because you have just made yourself look either silly or very uninformed. Your views are getting old and lamer by the day.

The joke is how horribly this roster has been put together. How many GM's would trade a first round pick for a bust RB? How many GM's brings in washed up vets year after year? Laron Landry, Andre Johnson, Hakeem Nicks, Arthur Jones. This list goes on and on

PM would take a GM job more seriously. Take the time to truly evaluate players he might bring in. Grigson will be enamored by someone's name, and not take into consideration declining skill level. Grigson has two criteria: How big is your name? Will you play here if I offer you a contract? 

3 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

The joke is how horribly this roster has been put together. How many GM's would trade a first round pick for a bust RB? How many GM's brings in washed up vets year after year? Laron Landry, Andre Johnson, Hakeem Nicks, Arthur Jones. This list goes on and on

When all you look for is negative that is what you find. If you cant see anything positive that is because you are blind. You act like being a GM is an easy job and you have no clue as to what Grigson does because you are using your hate bias as a bases for your horse dung.

8 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

The bottom line is Peyton Manning is not coming thru the door to be GM anytime soon .

And regardless of who was brought in Andrew Luck led teams went 11-5 three seasons in a row with 3 seasons going into the playoffs further each season ending in the deflategate AFC Championship game .

It took Manning many years to get where Grigson & Luck have gotten in 4 seasons . The Colts with Polian & Manning did not reach a AFC Championship game until the 2006 season with the 32'nd rated defense 

GM Bill Polian & Peyton Manning took twice as long  . When Peyton Manning was not playing in 2011 our record  was 2-14 

Without Luck  in 2015 the Colts still went 8-8 missing the playoffs by 1 game .

IMO) this thread is a joke easy to laugh off as Haterism at its finest . 

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

As stated in the last thread, what make anyone think Manning is even interested in a GM position? He has not said that he is interested and I doubt he is.

He is more than likely happy doing what he is doing now. Being with his family, doing commercials and running his businesses.

Why this subject is even brought up dumbfounds me because there is no clues that Manning is interested in taking a job that will take his time away from what he is doing now.

Sounds like you know Peyton pretty well since he hasn't stated to you and you doubt he is interested? I am sure only his inner circle has a clue what he intends to do, if anything. He is a highly driven and successful person, which means it is very reasonable to think he is not finished with his career... Football career at that, from the business end, because this has been his life passion. 

The thread is brought up because its reasonable opinion and a debatable topic, but for all the people to come on and imply they have a clue what is plans are to what he would like to do with his life, is in fact rediculous.

If you really want to be dumbfounded and amazed read and or watch the daily media and the ridiculous things they dream up for a story.

1 hour ago, Indy B said:

Sounds like you know Peyton pretty well since he hasn't stated to you and you doubt he is interested? I am sure only his inner circle has a clue what he intends to do, if anything. He is a highly driven and successful person, which means it is very reasonable to think he is not finished with his career... Football career at that, from the business end, because this has been his life passion. 

The thread is brought up because its reasonable opinion and a debatable topic, but for all the people to come on and imply they have a clue what is plans are to what he would like to do with his life, is in fact rediculous.

If you really want to be dumbfounded and amazed read and or watch the daily media and the ridiculous things they dream up for a story.

What the media dreams up for a story is no different than what appears in this forum.

Some come up with an idea, then form an opinion and then turn around and act like it is a fact.

You just stated Manning from a business end and that is what my opinion was. Being a GM is not the business end. My opinion is Manning's plate is pretty full with what he does and why should he take a job that would take up the time that a GMs job does? Manning has made over 400 million dollars and taking a job that pays a fraction of that and takes the amount of time being a GM requires makes no sense IMO.

6 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

Delete your account.