Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

who will be the worst NFL team in 2016?

CR91

I have it between the bears lions and 49ers.

Bears really dont have any weapons for cutler outside of jeffery who I think is still hurt, langford has upside, but not enough to carry the team, and white has not impressed at all this preseason. Not to mention their defense is nothing to write home about especially with mcphee out for the first six games

lions lost arguably their best player in the franchise's history(calm down barry fans. I said arguably) and they didnt do enough to recover from that loss. abduallh was nothing special last year and imo stafford and the offense will struggle. 

49ers imo have been an absolute mess since they made that stupid decision to let harbough go and the team has not even come close to the dominates they had during his tenure. They have no QB, lackluster wrs, a very poors man frank gore in carlos hyde, and an underwhelming defense not to mention they play in the best division in football

I gotta go with the 49ers.  Their team is completely devoid of talent.  I think the Browns have a bit more talent than they do, and I think Hue Jackson is a solid coach who can get them at least 4 or 5 wins, preventing them from being the worst team in the league.  The Lions still have Stafford, who isn't great, but isn't awful.  The Bears have Cutler and some good pieces around him in Langford, Jeffery.  They aren't gonna win the NFC North, but I think they'll do enough to keep themselves from being the worst team in the league

8 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I gotta go with the 49ers.  Their team is completely devoid of talent.  I think the Browns have a bit more talent than they do, and I think Hue Jackson is a solid coach who can get them at least 4 or 5 wins, preventing them from being the worst team in the league.  The Lions still have Stafford, who isn't great, but isn't awful.  The Bears have Cutler and some good pieces around him in Langford, Jeffery.  They aren't gonna win the NFC North, but I think they'll do enough to keep themselves from being the worst team in the league

Browns, Titans, Chargers, Lions, and Bears could all win around 5-7 games but the 49ers are a dumpster fire I agree. I cant see the 49ers winning 1 game in their Division playing in the West.

51 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Actually, I heard from somewhere nationally, can't remember where that the Bears will be good.

So television is like the internet, right? If you see or read about it it's the truth. Lol

I haven't seen that anywhere.  Not even in Chicago

I think their will be several teams who are not good, but I don't know one who stands out except for SF. I have started to think the Browns could be better that I thought, but it depends on Griffin. Tenn. I just don't know. They have so many 1st rounders on the OL, and have committed to pounding the ball, but I think they need defensive help and receiving help.  Miami could have trouble, and Buffalo with the division, injuries and I still don't buy into Tyrod Taylor as a starter. Philadelphia depending on Wentz, Dallas, and possibly Rams. Will they ever go offense WR?

So I would go SF, Bears, Buffalo due to circumstances, Rams, Philly, and possibly Dallas because of the defense.

5 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

A few years ago the 49ers seemed to have the most talent in the NFL. How things can change in just a few years! With all the arrests (another this weekend) and retirements, they are a shell of their old selves.  That is why if you have a chance to win, you cannot squander that opportunity, as the Vikings would be doing if they rolled with Shawn Hill.

54 minutes ago, BertJones said:

Nominees

Detroit

Niners

Carolina.. from 2nd to worst

Texans..probably not as bad..just 3rd place in their division

Titans

Eagles

Bengals

Bucs

Rams

Texans,Eagles, Niners,Titans are primary

You're crazy if you think the Panthers aren't at the very least 9-7.  They have a solid team top to bottom and get their number one WR back.   The Texans will also be above .500

25 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

A few years ago the 49ers seemed to have the most talent in the NFL. How things can change in just a few years! With all the arrests (another this weekend) and retirements, they are a shell of their old selves.  That is why if you have a chance to win, you cannot squander that opportunity, as the Vikings would be doing if they rolled with Shawn Hill.

The team has to know teddy won't be available to start next season.   It's the only way I can imagine giving up as much as they did for bradford

2 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

I actually feel like the Browns won't be the worst for once. I think Hue Jackson is the best coach they've had in years.

I'll say the 49ers will be the worst. 

Hue Jackson may be a good coach, who knows, but I doubt he's a miracle worker.

22 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

The team has to know teddy won't be available to start next season.   It's the only way I can imagine giving up as much as they did for bradford

There is a good chance he won't be ready for next year. The trade allows Teddy time to heal and come back when he is ready.

Believe me, the GM did not want to give up the first round pick. He values the fifth-year option. Since we have a lot of young talent and quality will benefit us more than quantity, I hope we will package some of our remaining 8 picks to move back into the first round or move to the top of the second. 

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

You're crazy if you think the Panthers aren't at the very least 9-7.  They have a solid team top to bottom and get their number one WR back.   The Texans will also be above .500

neither will be in the playoffs. Thats enough suck for me.

I doubt the Texans reach .500,theyve only been 9-7 the last two years.

At some point Watt will miss games with the back issue.

33 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

I don't see the Rams doing much IMO, but I think that the Eagles and Rams will be the bottom feeders this year

I said this elsewhere: The Rams will start 3-1 and then just win 4 games the rest of the way.

All 3 QBs will start at some point and Fisher will be gone  by game 8 or end of season

34 minutes ago, BertJones said:

neither will be in the playoffs. Thats enough suck for me.

I doubt the Texans reach .500,theyve only been 9-7 the last two years.

At some point Watt will miss games with the back issue.

Who's going to win the NFC South then? NO has NO defense, Falcons are meh and Tampa is too inexperienced. Panthers not winning the division would be a huge upset

19 minutes ago, Pagano's Realtor said:

I'm not overly optimistic about the Eagles this year.

Some analyst on NFL.com made the point that they look like they've already given up on the season and are in rebuilding mode. Certainly seems that way with the Bradford trade.

35 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

Some analyst on NFL.com made the point that they look like they've already given up on the season and are in rebuilding mode. Certainly seems that way with the Bradford trade.

Eagles might have a good enough defense though to win them a few games.

Someone else said Chargers, not sure what to make of those guys either anymore. Rivers is a good QB all these years but they have turned into major suck.

4 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Agreed.  NFL stands for Not For Long.  Once they let Harbaugh go, they completely fell apart

10 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

This is interesting.  Even with Flacco (assuming he stays healthy), you think they could go 2-14?

It's a bit of a bold pick I agree. I can't really decide this early in the year usually anyway on the overall "worst" team since even often the Browns who everyone chooses don't even get the first overall pick in the draft. Sometimes it's a suprise to me who gets that first overall pick in any given year with the worst record. 

Ravens have been on the decline though IMO.....I don't think it's impossible for them to go downhill badly in a tough division.