Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Network Cuts The Colts Game Off

King Colt

36 minutes ago, King Colt said:

In Houston the Colts-Ravens games came on the air after the game had started so they could air a replay of the Giants game then cut the game off  with the point difference at two to air the KC-STL game. Anyone explain this stupidity?

There is no explanation for stupidity.

7 hours ago, King Colt said:

In Houston the Colts-Ravens games came on the air after the game had started so they could air a replay of the Giants game then cut the game off  with the point difference at two to air the KC-STL game. Anyone explain this stupidity?

they air games based on the region you are in.  KC and STL are closer to Houston

sometimes they mix it up if there is a large fan base outside of the home region like with the cowboys and packers

I'm not sure what the deal is here.....

I live in Los Angeles,  and the Colts game was delayed a few minutes so the game before it could finish.

So, instead of the Colts game starting at 4p my time,  it started around 4:10 my time.

On top of this,  odds are the NFLN is simply going by broadcast rules set up by the NFL.      In other words,  it doesn't have a say or a vote in the matter.

Are we talking about something different?       Because this thread confuses me......

8 hours ago, Jim H. said:

They have to show all things LA.

So, the league & it's flagship network cut away from my Colts for a team that won't make the playoffs this yr. simply because they relocated to a new zip code? It figures. 

7 hours ago, Everyone said:

I watched it online through Fox59.

Can all Colts games be seen there Everyone? I only ask because I live in WI have Direct TV NFL Sunday Ticket but sometimes with intense thunderstorms my satellite experiences interference issues. I just wanna know if Fox 59 is a reliable fall back position to watch all INDY games on my computer as a last resort if necessary. Thanks. 

I went over to a buddies house and they showed about 20 minutes of the game.  They then blacked it out on the NFLN because my buddy uses Dish which apparently is in a dispute with some local channels.  I was like wth????????????  Why show 20 minutes of the game before they black it out lol???

35 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Preach RR7! I was like what the % & @ #! SW1 was not a happy camper either. 

Lol, I was sent to the bedroom by my Girlfriend to cool down as our Daughter had a sleep over and she didn't want the kids to hear:lol:

I was like the Father on "Christmas Story" and Roman Maroni on "Johnny Dangerously" all rolled up in onelmaolmao

2 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

I went over to a buddies house and they showed about 20 minutes of the game.  They then blacked it out on the NFLN because my buddy uses Dish which apparently is in a dispute with some local channels.  I was like wth????????????  Why show 20 minutes of the game before they black it out lol???

That does stink. Not sure what that deal is. I have U-Verse so I don't know much about Dish.

55 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I live in Los Angeles,  and the Colts game was delayed a few minutes so the game before it could finish.

So, instead of the Colts game starting at 4p my time,  it started around 4:10 my time.

On top of this,  odds are the NFLN is simply going by broadcast rules set up by the NFL.      In other words,  it doesn't have a say or a vote in the matter.

Are we talking about something different?       Because this thread confuses me......

The game was listed as the 7:00 pm game on the NFL Network via Direct TV.  It did start 10 minutes late but they cut it off about midway through the 3rd Quarter with no explanation.  I understand about rules governing the networks but they usually give you that explanation before going to the other game.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That does stink. Not sure what that deal is. I have U-Verse so I don't know much about Dish.

Yeah I have DirectTv and they don't have any issues.  There sometimes are disputes between the local stations and the cable providers however which usually end up getting resolved by the beginning of the regular season fortunately.

5 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

Lol, I was sent to the bedroom by my Girlfriend to cool down as our Daughter had a sleep over and she didn't want the kids to hear:lol:

If it makes you feel better, I got yelled at too over my furious, swearing like a sailor reaction to this abrupt game change too. 

Yep, it's the same reason why I can't go to sports bars with games on big screen TVs either. When INDY is struggling, I get a little loud & animated RR7. You're in good company brother. Trust me. 

9 hours ago, King Colt said:

KC..I think they're dealing with what they thin is the national audience..

The second half or 4th quarter of an exhibition game is largely only of interest to local fans...

..so they cut away to the start of another game....and they are going to overshow the Rams.....Buck is right

I didn't like it but I understand it.

I'm waiting to see the replay...

16 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

So, the league & it's flagship network cut away from my Colts for a team that won't make the playoffs this yr. simply because they relocated to a new zip code? It figures. 

Can all Colts games be seen there Everyone? I only ask because I live in WI have Direct TV NFL Sunday Ticket but sometimes with intense thunderstorms my satellite experiences interference issues. I just wanna know if Fox 59 is a reliable fall back position to watch all INDY games on my computer as a last resort if necessary. Thanks. 

I have Sunday Ticket as well and absolutely love it. The only thing that sucks is that if a game is on one of my local channels it isn't shown on the Sunday ticket package. Here's what I cant stand. It only happens occasionally, but even once is too much. So if I want to watch a certain game at 3cst, and that game is on one of my local channels I have to watch it there. OK cool, but sometimes the game that was on before said 3o'clock game will be completed in time and the network will go to a bonus coverage game. Again. Cool, but when its 3 or 3:25 and its time for the game I want to see, that's supposed to be shown. I expect the network to cut from the bonus coverage and show the game they are supposed to show. Instead. Sometimes they'll show the completion of the bonus coverage game and go to the 3o'clock or 3:25 game late. It infuriates me. If I wanted to watch that bonus coverage game I would flip to whatever channel it was on and watch it. I'm hoping this year Sunday ticket will be able to show games even if they're on one of my local channels. They actually did this once last year, but I think it may have been a mistake. They showed the beginning of a game on the package that was on a local channel because of the bonus coverage bull. Then when the bonus coverage game had completed it went off on Sunday Ticket. Now that's the way it should be.

:rantoff:

All the media loves their little LA and NY teams. It doesn't matter if its the Giants, Jets, Mets, Yankees, Dodgers, Angels, Knicks, Lakers, Clippers, or now the Rams. Ridiculous. "Oh its better for the sport if the NY or LA team's are competing."

12 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

I have Sunday Ticket as well and absolutely love it. The only thing that sucks is that if a game is on one of my local channels it isn't shown on the Sunday ticket package. Here's what I cant stand. It only happens occasionally, but even once is too much. So if I want to watch a certain game at 3cst, and that game is on one of my local channels I have to watch it there. OK cool, but sometimes the game that was on before said 3o'clock game will be completed in time and the network will go to a bonus coverage game. Again. Cool, but when its 3 or 3:25 and its time for the game I want to see, that's supposed to be shown. I expect the network to cut from the bonus coverage and show the game they are supposed to show. Instead. Sometimes they'll show the completion of the bonus coverage game and go to the 3o'clock or 3:25 game late. It infuriates me. If I wanted to watch that bonus coverage game I would flip to whatever channel it was on and watch it. I'm hoping this year Sunday ticket will be able to show games even if they're on one of my local channels. They actually did this once last year, but I think it may have been a mistake. They showed the beginning of a game on the package that was on a local channel because of the bonus coverage bull. Then when the bonus coverage game had completed it went off on Sunday Ticket. Now that's the way it should be.

:rantoff:

You're exactly right about some games cutting away to local affiliate stations sometimes, even though the game originally started on a specific 700 channel range for Sunday Ticket game subscribers so like you say, you may have 3 Quarters of a game recorded & then suddenly coverage changes over to a local TV station in your area & you end up missing the end of a Colts game & that infuriates me. 

Or Direct TV will list INDY's game on their Ticket Package lineup say before noon or 1 PM, but you always have to verify that when the game starts because once in awhile my local CBS station that carries AFC teams on it will actually have today's game on it. 

I hate this because I like to tape Colts & Giants games & check in on other teams I like live periodically. So, I need to know with certainty that my favorite teams are always properly recorded for later viewing. 

8 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

All the media loves their little LA and NY teams. It doesn't matter if its the Giants, Jets, Mets, Yankees, Dodgers, Angels, Knicks, Lakers, Clippers, or now the Rams. Ridiculous. "Oh its better for the sport if the NY or LA team's are competing."

That's another reason why I love the Colts. We are a real small market team that has won a SB and had the most Regular Season wins in any decade from 2000-2009 in NFL history. Then we have 1 bad season and that allowed us to Draft Andrew in which he has already got us to a Championship Game. We have our own little cave here in Indy but it's a great one! Really since the 1999 Season only the Patriots have had more success. The Ravens, Steelers, and Giants have won 2 SB's in that time frame to our 1 but don't have near the overall wins.

51 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

As far as I know, they are going to be streaming all the Colts preseason games, they've streamed the last 2 anyway..

52 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

You & you're friend have a right to be livid M-432. Blacking out after 20 minutes is pretty lame. I agree 100%

That'd be like if you got invited to participate in all the the rides at Disneyland for the whole day free of charge & then the manger came & kicked you off the premises in less than 45 minutes. Very bizarre since most things that are blacked out restrict  access in no more than 4-5 minutes. 

I had Dish for awhile. I hated it because all they offered was NFL Red Zone for fantasy football fanatics. I like whole games from start to finish not just scoring drives alone for ADD, adrenaline junkies.

Sorry M-432. That blows man.  

54 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

The game was listed as the 7:00 pm game on the NFL Network via Direct TV.  It did start 10 minutes late but they cut it off about midway through the 3rd Quarter with no explanation.  I understand about rules governing the networks but they usually give you that explanation before going to the other game.

Bingo! Typically, they also assure fans when they will be re-airing the Colts game in it's entirety too, which was also never stated. 

That's what so inexcusable to me because it feeds into the narrative that the Colts suck outside of Luck, McAfee, Mathis, & Adam V. according to the powers that be at NFL Network. It's just infuriating! Grrr! Would they do this to the Patriots? Hades no...

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I live in Huntington Beach and I don't think we were affected like these posters were. Evidently NFL network cut off the Colt game and went to the Chiefs -Rams game. Didn't happen to us as they stayed with our game until it ended and then went to the Chiefs game,

56 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

You & you're friend have a right to be livid M-432. Blacking out after 20 minutes is pretty lame. I agree 100%

That'd be like if you got invited to participate in all the the rides at Disneyland for the whole day free of charge & then the manger came & kicked you off the premises in less than 45 minutes. Very bizarre since most things that are blacked out restrict  access in no more than 4-5 minutes. 

I had Dish for awhile. I hated it because all they offered was NFL Red Zone for fantasy football fanatics. I like whole games from start to finish not just scoring drives alone for ADD, adrenaline junkies.

the colts are based out of a smallish market, and we dont have a lot fans across the country like some other teams do

if not for peyton manning we would have few fans outside of indiana. 

2 hours ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

Weird.....     I watched the whole game in NFLN....   it didn't cut off at all.

I wonder if it was a Direct TV thing,  and not an NFL Network thing?

Dunno.....     I'm just wondering.......

2 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Thank you SW1. Couldn't agree more. I'm just like you in that sense. I want to watch my games from start to finish. dish network blows. I know several people who have it, and for people who don't like Sports, or are just casual fans then I guess it'd be ok, but for people like us Direct TV is the only way to go. I've always had DTV and always will. I gotta have my NFL Sunday Ticket, and MLB Extra Innings packages LOL, and as far as I know DTV is the only provider who offers those packages. They have exclusive rights to them I do believe. Back in the day Dish did have the sports packages though.

6 hours ago, aaron11 said:

they air games based on the region you are in.  KC and STL are closer to Houston

sometimes they mix it up if there is a large fan base outside of the home region like with the cowboys and packers

Naw..... I'm 500 miles from Indy, over 2K from LA and they switched to the Rams/Chiefs. It was just a big sloppy kiss for the Rams

14 hours ago, King Colt said:

Luck had finished up and was on the sidelines by that time.  That's all the NFL Network really cared about so in their view it was alright to switch from the rest of the Colts game.  Glad I watched the Fox 59 stream instead. 

3 hours ago, aaron11 said:

the colts are based out of a smallish market, and we dont have a lot fans across the country like some other teams do

if not for peyton manning we would have few fans outside of indiana. 

Well, Johnny U brought  a bunch in, and there's still fans in Baltimore.

I think there's a handful of teams that have a much larger fan base, but I'd guess we do O.K. against the rest of the league.

4 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

One of these years I'll have to list it out, but if you pay attention to ESPNs Sunday Night Baseball, it certainly feels like if the Yankees play the Red Sox, they're on.

If those two aren't paying each other, one of them is on.

Seems like about 4 Sundays a summer, neither are on..

what blew my mind, was NFL network had the bills / giants game blacked out because it was being shown locally here in NY, so for the first 10-15 min of the game, I had to watch John Riggins, A Football Life, until the game was over, and then they cut to the Colts feed. Why the heck could they not just switch it right away? Seems like them being lazy to me, if you can figure out how to blackout a local game on your network, you can figure out how to turn the feed on for the next game in that area.

I do get the switching to LA, Look at it from NFL network perspective, they know most fans can see their games on the local channels where they live, and all the starters were done in our game, so why not switch to the starters in the other game?