Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Network Cuts The Colts Game Off

King Colt

19 hours ago, buccolts said:

One of these years I'll have to list it out, but if you pay attention to ESPNs Sunday Night Baseball, it certainly feels like if the Yankees play the Red Sox, they're on.

If those two aren't paying each other, one of them is on.

Seems like about 4 Sundays a summer, neither are on..

You're exactly right. Even when one isn't competing.

18 hours ago, SilentHill said:

what blew my mind, was NFL network had the bills / giants game blacked out because it was being shown locally here in NY, so for the first 10-15 min of the game, I had to watch John Riggins, A Football Life, until the game was over, and then they cut to the Colts feed. Why the heck could they not just switch it right away? Seems like them being lazy to me, if you can figure out how to blackout a local game on your network, you can figure out how to turn the feed on for the next game in that area.

I do get the switching to LA, Look at it from NFL network perspective, they know most fans can see their games on the local channels where they live, and all the starters were done in our game, so why not switch to the starters in the other game?

Exactly, it makes sense & it is preseason...

But it also entailed the viewing public from missing out on Macafees 65 yarder attempt, so it is a little heart breaking :)

On August 21, 2016 at 2:05 PM, COLTS449 said:

All the media loves their little LA and NY teams. It doesn't matter if its the Giants, Jets, Mets, Yankees, Dodgers, Angels, Knicks, Lakers, Clippers, or now the Rams. Ridiculous. "Oh its better for the sport if the NY or LA team's are competing."

Part of the reason for this is because of numbers.     Those teams represent a lot of eye balls watching games.   That means the league can charge more money for commercials.       It's strictly a dollars and cents situation.

If the Colts had more fans who watched,   we'd get more TV time.      As it is,  with Luck,  the Colts are on national TV a good amount.      

I'm sorry it's not more,  but the leagues are in business to make money.   

21 hours ago, buccolts said:

One of these years I'll have to list it out, but if you pay attention to ESPNs Sunday Night Baseball, it certainly feels like if the Yankees play the Red Sox, they're on.

If those two aren't paying each other, one of them is on.

Seems like about 4 Sundays a summer, neither are on..

There's good reason for this.......    the Yankees are always a good draw....   lots of people watching....

And the Red Sox don't just draw from Boston....     they draw from all of New England.    So, lots more people watching.   

If Indy had more fans watching,  we'd be on TV more.      If Indy fans clicked more on ESPN and NFL.COM we'd have more stories about us.........    

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

There's good reason for this.......    the Yankees are always a good draw....   lots of people watching....

And the Red Sox don't just draw from Boston....     they draw from all of New England.    So, lots more people watching.   

If Indy had more fans watching,  we'd be on TV more.      If Indy fans clicked more on ESPN and NFL.COM we'd have more stories about us.........    

Yep it's about ratings. The only way we get popular again is if we start the season like 5-0 or 6-0 then we will get peoples attention.

I'll give another example.....    though this one is entirely different.

At the Hall of Fame weekend,  the Colts put TWO into the Hall,   Dungy and Harrison.     Green Bay put in one.... (but it was the big one)   Favre.

Indianapolis is closer to Canton than Green Bay.      Yet the Packer fans turned out in HUGE numbers.

I didn't hear anyone say......   "Look at all those Colts fan!"       But I heard everyone say.....   "Look at all those Packers fan!!"       The Packer fans turnout was one of the big storylines of the weekend.     I didn't hear anyone talking about Colts fans.    

Two small markets.....    but two very different types of fan bases.......

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'll give another example.....    though this one is entirely different.

At the Hall of Fame weekend,  the Colts put TWO into the Hall,   Dungy and Harrison.     Green Bay put in one.... (but it was the big one)   Favre.

Indianapolis is closer to Canton than Green Bay.      Yet the Packer fans turned out in HUGE numbers.

I didn't hear anyone say......   "Look at all those Colts fan!"       But I heard everyone say.....   "Look at all those Packers fan!!"       The Packer fans turnout was one of the big storylines of the weekend.     I didn't hear anyone talking about Colts fans.    

Two small markets.....    but two very different types of fan bases.......

Packers have great fans but a lot of that probably had to do with Favre being inducted. A lot of Packers fans consider him their greatest player in franchise history. When Peyton gets inducted, I am sure the HOFame will be loaded with Colts fans.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Packers have great fans but a lot of that probably had to do with Favre being inducted. A lot of Packers fans consider him their greatest player in franchise history. When Peyton gets inducted, I am sure the HOFame will be loaded with Colts fans.

Understood.....    and the only reason I made the comparison is that the Colts had TWO inductees in one class.

Otherwise,   I would not have made the comparison.....

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Understood.....    and the only reason I made the comparison is that the Colts had TWO inductees in one class.

Otherwise,   I would not have made the comparison.....

Yeah I got your point and Marvin and Dungy are very popular with Colts fans as well. Favre just took the show over.

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 7:31 AM, King Colt said:

In Houston the Colts-Ravens games came on the air after the game had started so they could air a replay of the Giants game then cut the game off  with the point difference at two to air the KC-STL game. Anyone explain this stupidity?

You can't fix stupid......i.e. ESPN