Andrew looked great

CR91

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

In 2013 he only had 9, how people overlook that is puzzling.

Unfortunately to this point 2013 has looked like an outlier in terms of his performance in this department which is why I think people over look it.  Probably the biggest thing holding Luck back to this point in his career is that he's been a little too wreck less with the football.  With that said that can and should improve.  

Just need continuity with the o-line.  stay healthy and play together with no-one getting hurt will elt them gel even more.  I noticed after a few plays that no-one would come near Good,...seemed as though the defensive players were trying to go around him.  Seems like a good sign if no-one wants to go head to head with him...He had many plays where he was slowly working up the field looking for someone,...anyone to block.

Luck was solid, good decisions, and got rid of the ball quickly most of the time. 

Like that he slid,....2ce. But had this been a season game, i think he would have went for it on the second one, and prolly got the TD.

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Unfortunately to this point 2013 has looked like an outlier in terms of his performance in this department which is why I think people over look it.  Probably the biggest thing holding Luck back to this point in his career is that he's been a little too wreck less with the football.  With that said that can and should improve.  

Well there were alot of dropped INTs. 

Listen Manning was throwing them at a hugh rate as well. This was about when PM got in a groove too.

His stats looked good, I didn't watch any of the actual game though but just followed it a bit on the side.

Looks like a very promising start for him to this season so far. Just have to hope the o line can hold up and keep improving to keep him healthy now.

Overall, very good start for him to this year and I am happy for this.

What many people need to look at is, in 2009 when we started 14-0 Peyton only had 33 TD's and he threw 16 INT's, YES 16 and he won MVP. Andrew Luck actually had a better year in 2014 compared to his 2009 Season. Andrew had a better year compared to Cam's last season and everyone thinks Cam had this so unbelievable season. Luck in 2014 had more Yards Passing and more TD Passes and completed a higher % than Cam did last season. Cam made it to the SB but Luck made to the Final 4 and lost to NE in NE.

I'll say it again!  I like how this offense is designed. It has lots of crossing routes and sensible check down options available if the deep route is taken away.  The check downs were very easy for Andrew to find.  I'm expecting this offense to put up some coin on the scoreboard for sure. 

8 minutes ago, Jules said:

His stats looked good, I didn't watch any of the actual game though but just followed it a bit on the side.

Looks like a very promising start for him to this season so far. Just have to hope the o line can hold up and keep improving to keep him healthy now.

Overall, very good start for him to this year and I am happy for this.

As you know pre-season is meaningless for the most part but Andrew looked sharp tonight. He was 8-8 and throwing darts. He ran well too, we will be fine.

34 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

What's been holding Luck back is Chuck's coaching hires.

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

I'll say it again!  I like how this offense is designed. It has lots of crossing routes and sensible check down options available if the deep route is taken away.  The check downs were very easy for Andrew to find.  I'm expecting this offense to put up some coin on the scoreboard for sure. 

Chud is going to give Luck a lot of chances and looks. That is something that was missing the past couple of seasons.

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What many people need to look at is, in 2009 when we started 14-0 Peyton only had 33 TD's and he threw 16 INT's, YES 16 and he won MVP. Andrew Luck actually had a better year in 2014 compared to his 2009 Season. Andrew had a better year compared to Cam's last season and everyone thinks Cam had this so unbelievable season. Luck in 2014 had more Yards Passing and more TD Passes and completed a higher % than Cam did last season. Cam made it to the SB but Luck made to the Final 4 and lost to NE in NE.

I still say that was Manning's greatest season.  That team had zero business almost going undefeated.

20 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

Well there were alot of dropped INTs. 

Listen Manning was throwing them at a hugh rate as well. This was about when PM got in a groove too.

Check downs and crossing patterns. Haven't seen either too much in Luck's career. The interceptions should lessen greatly.

1 minute ago, BOTT said:

I still say that was Manning's greatest season.  That team had zero business almost going undefeated.

I think Manning performed beautifully when it counted so I kind of agree. We wouldve went 16-0 had we kept Manning in IMO. I think his 2004 Season was so damn great though with 49 TD's and only 10 INT's.

54 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

In 2014 he had 16, and then last year he had 12 while playing less than half the season.  Far more reason to believe he will have double digit int's than there is single digit int's.

And by the way, as someone has already said, if he throws 16 int's.....while throwing for 40 TD's and 4000 yards, I don't think anyone will complain about that.

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

I hated all those penalties we were getting.  It reminded me of last year and I don't want to repeat much of nothing we did from last year.  My only complaint about the game. 

The special teams penalties are becoming ridiculous. We can't seem to have one kickoff or punt where someone doesn't hold or hit someone in the back. What the heck is our STs coach teaching? Lol

7 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

The special teams penalties are becoming ridiculous. We can't seem to have one kickoff or punt where someone doesn't hold or hit someone in the back. What the heck is our STs coach teaching? Lol

Flags in general have been a problem under Pagano. I think the biggest flaw of his teams are they aren't as disciplined as they should be on the field.  

Regarding special teams flags, you tend to see more of them in the pre-season because you have guys playing special teams who aren't used to it and who don't get a lot of practice doing it.

2 hours ago, krunk said:

That is if they can avoid shooting themselves in the foot with the stupid penalties.  They struggled with penalties last year and tonight wasn't encouraging on that front.   Overall though Luck's embracing of the dink and dunk attack was encouraging.  Luck will pick his spots for deep shots after using the short game to set defenses up for it.  This approach could potentially reduce his interceptions while increasing his completion percentage and QBR rating.  Fingers crossed. 

46 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

That is if they can avoid shooting themselves in the foot with the stupid penalties.  They struggled with penalties last year and tonight wasn't encouraging on that front.   Overall though Luck's embracing of the dink and dunk attack was encouraging.  Luck will pick his spots for deep shots after using the short game to set defenses up for it.  This approach could potentially reduce his interceptions while increasing his completion percentage and QBR rating.  Fingers crossed. 

My concern is will he stuck to it?  I've seen things emphasized with Luck before and he will focus on it for three or four games and go back to what he was doing before.  I remember a few years ago they made a big deal about him getting down to avoid hits and be started sliding for like three games and then went right back to not doing it.

I still think Andrew feels a lot of pressure to score every time he has the ball and at least going into this season had yet to learn that key lesson that Manning said was hard for him to learn, a punt isn't the worst thing that can happen to you.

Still, all we have to go on right now is tonight and tonight was a very encouraging first step back on a lot of fronts for Andrew.  Which is good because they don't have a Mathew Hasselbeck to come in for him this year and find away to win five games so Andrew has to stay healthy.

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

People overlook it because that requires........   reading.

I've never seen a fan base where so many simply don't read the free material that's on this site and all over the internet.

It's as if they're allergic to reading and learning......

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Manning performed beautifully when it counted so I kind of agree. We wouldve went 16-0 had we kept Manning in IMO. I think his 2004 Season was so damn great though with 49 TD's and only 10 INT's.

If Luck put up 49 and 10 this forum should whine incessantly about the 10 interceptions.

8 hours ago, CR91 said:

He looked healthy, decisive, and quick with his reads. He even slid twice haha

I don't need to see any more of him...

I still want him to take chances carrying the ball when we need it but only when the season begins..

.....8 of 8, 71 yards........

....There's just no need for him and Gore to play in the preseason..