Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck is 92 on the top 100

CR91

I knew he would make it just out of respect from his first 3 years in the league. He was #7 last season and the NFL Network probably figured his injuries had to do with most of his struggles. Everyone seen what he is capable of after how he played against the Broncos, the game where he got injured. I wasn't too far off. A while back I posted he would be between 75-90 because he still simply is a Top 10 QB in the league, he came in at #92. I bet none of the other QB's in our Division make the Top 100.

57 minutes ago, BigMcAfeeWithCheese said:

If McAfee isn't top 10 then this list is a joke.

I'm kidding

No I'm not

I like how McAfee is praising Luck in the video, but we all know Pat wants to stand up in that interview and say, "Hah, I'm gonna be a higher rank than Luck! Suck it, Luck! Punters rule!"

1 minute ago, ReMeDy said:

I like how McAfee is praising Luck in the video, but we all know Pat wants to stand up in that interview and say, "Hah, I'm gonna be a higher rank than Luck! Suck it, Luck! Punters rule!"

He is the only other Colt I can see being in the Top 100 but not sure he will make it being that he is a Punter. If he is in it, I will predict it's next week between 81-90

I missed this earlier but all 3 Reggie, Marshall, and even Eric Davis who played Defense says this ranking is way too low and disrespectful. I can tell you right now there isn't 13 other QB's better than Andrew and the guys were saying there is still 13 more QB's to go. I see why he is low because he was injured over half the season last year but I think he should've lasted until at least next week. Around #75 would've been a lot more believable IMO. #7 to #92 because of injury is a little harsh, it's not like he missed the whole season.

1 hour ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Way, way too high...

He was not a top 100 player of 2015.

Manning was rated higher in a season he didn't take a snap. So IMO Luck is rated too low for his talent level. I stated in an earlier post I didn't put too much in this list because it is not based on reality. (kind of like the pro bowl)

9 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Manning was rated higher in a season he didn't take a snap. So IMO Luck is rated too low for his talent level. I stated in an earlier post I didn't put too much in this list because it is not based on reality. (kind of like the pro bowl)

Yeah this list they do every season has many flaws. I knew he would drop significantly because he was injured last season but not to #92. There are still 13 QB's left on the list. Derek Carr went #100, then Luck at #92. I can say with a healthy Andrew Luck coming into next season, no way in heck are there 13 QB's better than him. I don't even think there is 10. I would take him over Carson Palmer for example and I bet he is rated really high. I would much rather see a list that is based on the players abilities with more common sense.

3 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Bottom line is, if they took every player and tossed them all into a redraft, then it does not matter what team is picking first; Andrew Luck is the first overall pick.

I am not really sure what their list is based on every season ranking wise. Some say it's based on what a player did the season before but if that is the case how was Peyton Manning 2nd going into 2012 and didn't play a snap in 2011?

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not really sure what their list is based on every season ranking wise. Some say it's based on what a player did the season before but if that is the case how was Peyton Manning 2nd going into 2012 and didn't play a snap in 2011?

My understanding is, the players are ranking each other. So it is supposed to be a players only vote. 

6 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

My understanding is, the players are ranking each other. So it is supposed to be a players only vote. 

Yeah I have even heard that but then some players have said they never have voted?? So who knows. I made a mistake earlier, Peyton actually came in at #50 going into 2012 falling from #2 but still made the Top 50 without taking a snap in 2011.

Not too worried about it.  Even if he comes back and has a mediocre season he will likely climb this list due to potential.  He will be higher next season, and if he has a season like 2014, he will be top 10 again.  He already is on MY list.  And remember, this is partly a popularity contest with voting being done by the players only.

9 hours ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Way, way too high...

The list is for what they expect them to do in 2016

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I missed this earlier but all 3 Reggie, Marshall, and even Eric Davis who played Defense says this ranking is way too low and disrespectful. I can tell you right now there isn't 13 other QB's better than Andrew and the guys were saying there is still 13 more QB's to go. I see why he is low because he was injured over half the season last year but I think he should've lasted until at least next week. Around #75 would've been a lot more believable IMO. #7 to #92 because of injury is a little harsh, it's not like he missed the whole season.

Way to low  as again this is saying what they expect him to do in 2016

23 minutes ago, bayone said:

The list is for what they expect them to do in 2016

Way to low  as again this is saying what they expect him to do in 2016

Having 1 injury plagued season is one thing but 2 in a row we have a problem. I don't see it. I think Andrew stays healthy and we make the Playoffs this upcoming season. How people easily forget Cam Newton was 7-8-1 in 2014 and wasn't near as good as Andrew. Up until last season Andrew has always been better than Cam and Cam just won MVP.

11 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I think you've got it backwards, Luck isn't rated too low, both Luck this year and Manning the year he was injured should not have been ranked. It's the "Top 100 of (year)", not the "Top 100 players in general".

Half of the players don't even understand what they're voting for. It's a stupid list, so whatever, but it still bugs me.

11 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

That explains why IMO it is a popularity contest just like the pro bowl has been forever. Team members have a tendency to vote for the players they know personally or have played against the most.

Even Skip The Hater Bayless thinks this ranking is ridiculous if that tells you anything lmao Skip said Andrew should be much higher. Stephen A was wanting names to who voted Andrew #92 because it so ridiculous. I think because he was injured last season and didn't play well for the most part I don't think he should be real high but he should've been in the Top 75 (around 75 so he should be moved up 15-20 spots IMO) just based on potential and past history and ahead of at least 2 or 3 more QB's on this list who will probably go in the next 2 weeks.

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Even Skip The Hater Bayless thinks this ranking is ridiculous if that tells you anything lmao Skip said Andrew should be much higher. Stephen A was wanting names to who voted Andrew #92 because it so ridiculous. I think because he was injured last season and didn't play well for the most part I don't think he should be real high but he should've been in the Top 75 (around 75 so he should be moved up 15-20 spots IMO) just based on potential and past history and ahead of at least 2 or 3 more QB's on this list who will probably go in the next 2 weeks.

Did he really????

18 hours ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Way, way too high...

This is a Top 100 player for 2016 you ___  fan !

So a lot of NFL players didn`t vote him in the top 100!
  Maybe they question his future durability? All those totally messed up throws he chooses to make?
  His short game touch? His predictability? His book club?