Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fleener questions effort of Ex-Colts teammates in 2015

SilentHill

I don't think Fleener should be maligned.  He was saying he and a few others were doing battle and he noticed some weren't.  I would think Colts fans would like their players to be like that.  As far as FA and being let go, every player gets mad about that.  They talk about loyalty except FA and players union make those incompatible.

16 minutes ago, corgi said:

Never said he had a history of being negative in public, he ran his mouth once that'swhat I commented on.I have no problem with him commenting, I speak up about former jobs as well. The person who i quoted was trying to spin one guy's issue as an organizational disease. I think that's a major overreaction.

I wish he hadn't gone public.     I don't think it helps him in any way.  

I don't mind his comment about the team not offering him a deal...   but the comment about some members of the team not playing hard this year I think is best kept in house.     I don't see what he gains from going public with that.

By the way,   I believe it....  2015 was a very strange season -- stuff like some players not trying hard happens on a team that badly underachieves....       glad that year is behind us....    looking forward to better days....

6 hours ago, Pat Beach 81 said:

Glad to see that stone handed gieco commercial looking loser gone. If DA can stay on the field he's a much better receiver. 

Stonehanded.

Allen had 2 drops in 2015 on 29 targets 

Fleener had 3 drops on almost double the targets

That said, he should have replied with no comment but he's not exactly wrong. I feel like AJ, Trent Cole and a couple others were merely there and weren't playing to their potential 

7 hours ago, ColtJ82 said:

It is just further confirmation that the culture surrounding the team is bad. Grigson can deny it all he wants, but it had to be a large part due to him. The players through their support strongly behind Pagano.....the poo has to roll down from somewhere.

The culture surrounding the team? What are you talking about. Every team in the league has players who play harder and with more enthusiasm that others. The culture of this team showed when they pulled together and won a few games when the chips were down. 5 QBs? And still come up only one game from a division lead. The Colts players were playing with a lame duck head coach and GM and everyone knew it. There were fans who wanted the Colts to tank for a better draft pick. So IMO you are wrong with your assessment of a bad culture on this team.

Literally the last person who should be talking about effort. The amount of passes he dropped because of a little contact, the number of interceptions he's caused by not attacking the ball in the air, and the number of times he's been brought down by arm tackles says as much about him.

I know he couldn't be talking about Hilton, because Hilton openly criticized the offense and talked about how he was embarrassed by the Jags and Steelers loss. If he was talking about anyone, it would have had to be Cole, AJ, and maybe Toler. But again, he's not one to talk.

11 hours ago, SupermanLuck12 said:

Fleener is a savage. We should have kept this guy just for this interview alone.

I thought we would sign him. Meaning I thought we would find a way to keep both. Surprised Grigs chose Allen over him. There has to be a reason. Both TE's have their weaknesses and strength's. All we heard for weeks was how Allen didn't want to be here and it seemed Fleener loved it here.

7 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Literally the last person who should be talking about effort. The amount of passes he dropped because of a little contact, the number of interceptions he's caused by not attacking the ball in the air, and the number of times he's been brought down by arm tackles says as much about him.

I know he couldn't be talking about Hilton, because Hilton openly criticized the offense and talked about how he was embarrassed by the Jags and Steelers loss. If he was talking about anyone, it would have had to be Cole, AJ, and maybe Toler. But again, he's not one to talk.

If I had to guess he mainly was talking about Andre Johnson. Who looked lethargic all season.

6 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

He most likely was talking bout allen but we dont need guys who cant keep it in the locker room team sport good or bad clean or dirty. he a rat just take it to the saints thanks for the work in the Colts uniform. 

Are you a writer for The National Enquirer?

19 hours ago, csmopar said:

Allen had 2 drops in 2015 on 29 targets 

Fleener had 3 drops on almost double the targets

True, but I have to think those drops don't tell the whole story. As we know, Andrew Luck was horribly inaccurate this season (he and Peyton led the league in INT's). How much of those drops are on Luck and not on the receiver? I'd have to see a video break-down of all the drops to know for sure.

Fleener went to Stanford so I'm sure he's smart enough to know how the media works (and unfortunately, Wells article is a perfect example).

Personally I don't think there was any malice on Fleener's part, but most readers will go along with the narrative Wells is trying to make.  Typical media today.... 

On 3/11/2016 at 10:23 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree, sounds like sour grapes to me. We chose to sign Allen over him first and I am sure he didn't like it. If Allen can stay healthy he is the better player.

He got a sweet 5-year deal with an $8mil signing bonus, and he's going to be featured heavily in that offense. There doesn't really seem like there's too much for him to be sour about.

7 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

He got a sweet 5-year deal with an $8mil signing bonus, and he's going to be featured heavily in that offense. There doesn't really seem like there's too much for him to be sour about.

Could be but he has been featured more here than Allen and then for Grigs to turn around and offer Allen a nice contract before him had to pee him off a little.

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 9:32 PM, SDakColts said:

There are definitely players with grievances with their former teams. Ask Malik Jackson if he has a grievance with the Broncos. He believes that they should of kept him, Osweiler, and Trevathan.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2016/03/10/malik-jackson-broncos-could-have-kept-me-brock-and-danny-for-next-to-nothing/38829/

But he took $90M to go to Jacksonville & Brock took $72M to go to Houston & Danny got $28M to go to Chicago.  He's talking out both sides of his mouth on that one. If all 3 really wanted to stay in Denver, they would've sacrificed some money. Not faulting any of them for chasing the money, but don't say that after the fact y'all cashed in.