Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fleener questions effort of Ex-Colts teammates in 2015

SilentHill

I expect him to flourish with Brees and the Saints system and I to have questioned a couple players efforts but ""The Colts' lack of interest and the Saints' interest made going to New Orleans an easy choice" even though no doubt there is truth to it

He has to be smarter then the quoted line though, It just makes him look bitter and if he opens his mouth to much it does him no favors and his image could take a hit and not just with fans. Also its not out of the ordinary for a player whos been in the league a few years for them to be more vocal

I like Fleener over Allen only because he can stay healthy and put up decent numbers, but he is probably the last person that should be questioning "effort", on top of that i dont understand these FA going to their new teams then talking smack about their former team, it just makes them sound salty and if i were a NO fan or coach it wouldnt sit well with me. Malik Jackson did the same thing in saying Elway could have signed him, Trevathan and Osweiller for next to nothing, it honestly just makes you sound upset about the situation as a whole. Anyways GL Fleener i would have preferred you over DA, but meh if he stays healthy i will be happy

Bitter grapes, but I must admit that it looks that way to me when I'm watching on Sunday. Of course, I think it has about as much to do with our anemic play calling on both sides of the ball under Manusky and Hamilton as it does with the players just being lazy.

uninspired play calling will usually result in uninspired effort.

I'm probably going to catch a lot of flack for this, but I was pretty disappointed in TY's efforts at times last year. I felt like he kind of went on cruise control after getting paid. I also wonder if maybe the lazy comment was partially a shot at D. Allen. Allen wasn't exactly happy with his role last year.

Who knows.

6 minutes ago, ColtJ82 said:

I'm probably going to catch a lot of flack for this, but I was pretty disappointed in TY's efforts at times last year. I felt like he kind of went on cruise control after getting paid. I also wonder if maybe the lazy comment was partially a shot at D. Allen. Allen wasn't exactly happy with his role last year.

Who knows.

Without singling anyone out Fleener has a point. There are some who played their butts off and there were some who seem to slack. There was plenty of fight in those who did come to play and that showed. Those are the ones who were fighting for Pagano and his job IMO.

It is just further confirmation that the culture surrounding the team is bad. Grigson can deny it all he wants, but it had to be a large part due to him. The players through their support strongly behind Pagano.....the poo has to roll down from somewhere.

1 minute ago, ColtJ82 said:

It is just further confirmation that the culture surrounding the team is bad. Grigson can deny it all he wants, but it had to be a large part due to him. The players through their support strongly behind Pagano.....the poo has to roll down from somewhere.

Or Coby could be running his mouth. There are people at every job in the planet that run their mouth and complain. Guarentee their are former Patriots, Broncos, Steelers, Packers, etc...that have grievances as well.

4 minutes ago, corgi said:

Or Coby could be running his mouth. There are people at every job in the planet that run their mouth and complain. Guarentee their are former Patriots, Broncos, Steelers, Packers, etc...that have grievances as well.

Well....    Coby was here for four years and never ran his mouth.

This is his first time.      He has no track record of going negative in public.

33 minutes ago, DougDew said:

HA...just saw that the author is Mike Wells...wonder why....

Goodness....   here we go again.     No, the author is NOT Mike Wells...    The poster just happened to link the Wells version of the story.

http://fox59.com/2016/03/11/coby-fleener-some-colts-were-along-for-the-ride-in-2015/

If you click on this story that I've linked you'll see that Coby made the comments on a conference call with SAINTS media.   He wasn't talking to Wells or any of the Colts media.      But the Colts media picked it up, as they should.    This is just Mike Wells' version.

20 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Goodness....   here we go again.     No, the author is NOT Mike Wells...    The poster just happened to link the Wells version of the story.

http://fox59.com/2016/03/11/coby-fleener-some-colts-were-along-for-the-ride-in-2015/

If you click on this story that I've linked you'll see that Coby made the comments on a conference call with SAINTS media.   He wasn't talking to Wells or any of the Colts media.      But the Colts media picked it up, as they should.    This is just Mike Wells' version.

In my view, Wells is the one who chose to pick up the story. What's the difference? In this era of lazy cut and paste journalism, the owner of the webpage isn't much different than the person who penned the original article. 

Also, at the end, he says that the Colts chose to keep Allen over Fleener because he was better  haha

Its as if he reads this forum and had to get a jab in and make it look like it was the truth............nice try Mike haha

4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

In my view, Wells is the one who chose to pick up the story. What's the difference? In the era of cut and paste journalism, the owner of the webpage isn't much different than the person who penned the original article. 

Also, at the end, he says that the Colts chose to keep Allen over Fleener because he was better  haha

Its as if he reads this forum and had to get a jab in and make it look like it was the truth............nice try Mike haha

What  "Nice try Mike"...??

Coby Fleener made comments to SAINTS reporters about the Colts.     Of course any decent Colts reporter is going to pick them up.      Mike Chappell picked up the story too.

As for making fun of Wells for saying Allen is better....   do you know who else thinks that??

The Indianapolis Colts!!    That's who!!     They could've signed either one and chose Dwayne Allen over Coby Fleener!     Hello?!?

Sometimes I wonder if you have any idea at all what you write?!?    

27 minutes ago, corgi said:

There are definitely players with grievances with their former teams. Ask Malik Jackson if he has a grievance with the Broncos. He believes that they should of kept him, Osweiler, and Trevathan.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2016/03/10/malik-jackson-broncos-could-have-kept-me-brock-and-danny-for-next-to-nothing/38829/

Just now, SDakColts said:

There are definitely players with grievances with their former teams. Ask Malik Jackson if he has a grievance with the Broncos. He believes that they should of kept him, Osweiler, and Trevathan.

http://blogs.denve

rpost.com/broncos/2016/03/10/malik-jackson-broncos-could-have-kept-me-brock-and-danny-for-next-to-nothing/38829/

That may be what he said,  but he made no argument on how that was going to happen.    No argument at all.

That felt more sour grapes than what Coby said.....

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

What  "Nice try Mike"...??

Coby Fleener made comments to SAINTS reporters about the Colts.     Of course any decent Colts reporter is going to pick them up.      Mike Chappell picked up the story too.

As for making fun of Wells for saying Allen is better....   do you know who else thinks that??

The Indianapolis Colts!!    That's who!!     They could've signed either one and chose Dwayne Allen over Coby Fleener!     Hello?!?

Sometimes I wonder if you have any idea at all what you write?!?    

hahahahahaha 

Better at the role they are going to use DA in, as opposed to the role they wanted to use Fleener.  Which is the role the saints will use him in. 

Just like Bradshaw was better at the role they wanted to use Bradshaw in and Donald Brown wasn't.

Figure it out.

19 minutes ago, DougDew said:

hahahahahaha 

Better at the role they are going to use DA in, as opposed to the role they wanted to use Fleener.  Which is the role the saints will use him in. 

Just like Bradshaw was better at the role they wanted to use Bradshaw in and Donald Brown wasn't.

Figure it out.

I just had an epiphany!

We should sign Bradshaw and Arian Foster.. Great 1 2 punch! lol

5 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Oh nothing really.  Just the word "better" gets tossed around when it really isn't appropriate.

Look...   the Colts get the last word.      No matter what you and I think or whether or not we agree, it makes no difference.

The Colts made their choice and they chose Allen.     Coby makes it sound like they barely talked to him,  so apparently the Colts were pretty firm in their view.

The viewed Allen as the better of the two options.      And, as best I can see,  Fleener had one very good offer -- from the Saints -- and he took it.

I don't think there's much to figure out...    the perception is Allen is better than we Fleener whether we agree or not.

8 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

I just had an epiphany!

We should sign Bradshaw and Arian Foster.. Great 1 2 punch! lol

Or they could go back to a Manning style passing offense and resign DBrown to try to hit the home run. jk

3 hours ago, No 1 Manning Fan said:

Bitter grapes, but I must admit that it looks that way to me when I'm watching on Sunday. Of course, I think it has about as much to do with our anemic play calling on both sides of the ball under Manusky and Hamilton as it does with the players just being lazy.

uninspired play calling will usually result in uninspired effort.

I agree, sounds like sour grapes to me. We chose to sign Allen over him first and I am sure he didn't like it. If Allen can stay healthy he is the better player.

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well....    Coby was here for four years and never ran his mouth.

This is his first time.      He has no track record of going negative in public.

Never said he had a history of being negative in public, he ran his mouth once that'swhat I commented on.I have no problem with him commenting, I speak up about former jobs as well. The person who i quoted was trying to spin one guy's issue as an organizational disease. I think that's a major overreaction.