Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who's going to QB Denver now?

oldunclemark

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

Sounds like they were looking to make a move for Kaepernick.  Who knows if they get him though 

Wow.  At least he can throw the ball farther than Manning.

If they sign him, who will Denver get to play QB after he's benched in week 5?

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Wow.  At least he can throw the ball farther than Manning.

If they sign him, who will Denver get to play QB after he's benched in week 5?

Sounds like they are a long shot to even get him. Reportedly 5 or 6 Teams looking into Kaepernick, not to mention Chip liked him previously and might not give him up.

8 minutes ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

Sounds like they are a long shot to even get him. Reportedly 5 or 6 Teams looking into Kaepernick, not to mention Chip liked him previously and might not give him up.

Why?  The guy isn't even an NFL caliber QB.  Much like RG3.

1 minute ago, Gramz said:

Quote from Elway:

“We’ve stayed true to our philosophy of building a team with players who want to be ‪#‎Broncos‬ and want to be here. That’s been a successful approach for us." - John Elway

I interpret it as we came close to what the Texans were going to give but you didn't want to give us any type of discount (which I heard was $2 mil. a year) and did not want to be here. I won't blame him for chasing the money. It is possible he did not want the pressure of coming after Peyton, unlike Andrew.

Just now, chad72 said:

I interpret it as we came close to what the Texans were going to give but you didn't want to give us any type of discount (which I heard was $2 mil. a year) and did not want to be here. I won't blame him for chasing the money. It is possible he did not want the pressure of coming after Peyton, unlike Andrew.

I took it the same way, Chad.   :agree:  with everything you said.

48 minutes ago, Fx Stryker said:

Brock is mook. Denver is a fantastic team. Oh well his loss.

If I was a Broncos fan I would be mad. I wonder how the ones that were pushing Manning out the door for Brock feel now?

I'm guessing Brock felt he was in a no-win position.

He couldnt do better than this season and if he fell short....he would be blamed.

Still...I'd have stayed in Denver for a little less... the situation was so perfect...

..and now he's got to learn a 3rd offense under a 3rd coach and OC in 3 years

Fitz wants Brock type money so I don't see that happening.

I think Elway is after Kaep but Kaep will need to agree to sign a new deal after the trade as he has a lot of dead money on his deal. This could be the sticking point but if Kaep wants to play for a winner and classy organization this is his chance. 

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

I agree. He wouldn't be able to handle that pressure. IMO he wanted nothing to do with it. Texans fans are in for big surprise when this guy isn't near as good as most of them think. I just don't see it.

6 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

There is a distant connection....the coaching Shanahans, Denver, RG3 and the Redskins..

..and you're right..Kubiak doesn't want the QB to throw 30-35 times.

But there's so much bad talk about tnd what kind of teammate he is..

....Elway may not want that..

Not to forget durability concerns.. 

Bit of a head scratcher for Denver, you're still set up enough to make a decent run at things if you can get a base level of QB play, more importantly consistent QB play. 

Maybe MH was a bit premature in retiring :P

I think Kapernick is the best fit for them in terms of what they want to do. He isn't your traditional dropback, 30+ attempts kind of quarterback. The rollouts that Kubiak runs would bode well for his mobility. Couple a decent running game with that and he'd have a decent chance at success there.

12 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

I'm calling it now

Broncos starting QB will be Connor Cook

Please stop with the.....   "I'm calling it now...."   stuff....    such a waste....

Especially when it ends with....    Connor Cook.    That's weak....

The Broncos may indeed draft him,  but they're not starting him as a rookie.

Most rookie QB's shouldn't start the beginning of their rookie year -- they're simply not ready and they're terrible.  Denver can't afford to a terrible QB.

Denver's starting QB next year will likely be one of the following...

-- Kaepernick

-- RG3

-- Ryan Fitzpatrick

-- Mike Glennon

-- AJ McCarron

Odds are very, very strong that one of those five will be the Broncos next QB.

It was never about money with Brock, it feels like, he did not want to be a Bronco, period. If it was about the money, he would have communicated to the Broncos the Texans were giving $72 mil., all he did was not return the calls for a couple of weeks and use the Broncos as leverage for a decision he was going to make anyways. He did not want to be compared to Peyton and the 2013 season or have the pressure of going to 2 SBs in 4 years. Guess what Brock, you cannot be thin skinned and play QB in the NFL. Just because he goes to the Texans, he feels a few playoff appearances would be better than what the Texans have had (which maybe true given their history th_smile.gif), and it would not be a SB or bust mentality like the Broncos have. The Colts will have a thing or two to say about the Texans, and here we come this year.

One thing I do know is a guy like Kaepernick will embrace that SB or bust mentality, and his ceiling is the ceiling Elway should go after. I felt bad for a guy with his talent not being able to maximize it after showing the potential with Jim Harbaugh, and I hope he gets a second chance. His attitude has never been a problem like RG3. If not handling the bench was a problem Brock had, guess what you will getting another of that kind in RG3.

20 hours ago, Gramz said:

Quote from Elway:

“We’ve stayed true to our philosophy of building a team with players who want to be ‪#‎Broncos‬ and want to be here. That’s been a successful approach for us." - John Elway

This coming from a hypocrite like Elway who stiffed the Colts because he and his daddy wanted to go where they wanted to go. Frankly, I'm glad Elway got Accorsied !!!

21 hours ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

Sounds like they were looking to make a move for Kaepernick.  Who knows if they get him though 

21 hours ago, Gramz said:

I've been hearing rumors of RG3  or Kaepernick.

Shanahan told them not to take RG3 , they want Lap & suddenly so do Jets & Browns, supposedly Kap would fit best in Denver but read elswhere if he took a physical today hed fail

all to weird

another reason I heard Re Brocks money,. Dont know if true but Colorado has high taxes, Texas / Houstin nill

It dont matter now without Peyton, Just want colts to draft right & get some key additions that make team chemistry

Oh BTW in checking into qb issue found this

CJ anderson 

CJ Anderson's offer sheet with Miami: 4 years, $18 million. Denver has five days to match or lose Anderson.  & since put lowest restriction on him ,

averages out to be $4.5 million dollars per year, and it's reportedly structured to make it tough for the Broncos to match.  

Via

Sources: Dolphins offer sheet to CJ Anderson-4 yrs 18 million. 5.25 Mil Sign Bonus- 6 mill in 2016 3.5 mill in 2017 guar #9news#9aports

NO way Elway pays 6 million this year to keep him me thinks

& as he was undrafted means they dont even get a compensatory pick if dont match

thats a double whammy if he leaves

http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/3/10/11195936/report-miami-dolphins-sign-running-back-c-j-anderson-to-an-offer-sheet

23 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

This coming from a hypocrite like Elway who stiffed the Colts because he and his daddy wanted to go where they wanted to go. Frankly, I'm glad Elway got Accorsied !!!

Old school fans like you and Ts got some Karma at least. Peyton retired and Brock gave Elway the middle finger and now Elway has no QB. What I don't get is everyone was saying Elway was forcing Peyton out to sign Brock. That doesn't seem like the truth.