Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trade a 5th for Gordon or trade andre johnson for

We gotta cut AJ in the offseason and I'd be happy going into the season with Hilton, Moncrief, and Dorsett as our starters. But honestly. If we could get Josh Gordon for a 5th round pick then we should be all over that. He's not this thug like everyone has made him out to be. All he's done is get caught smoking a little weed.

52 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

We gotta cut AJ in the offseason and I'd be happy going into the season with Hilton, Moncrief, and Dorsett as our starters. But honestly. If we could get Josh Gordon for a 5th round pick then we should be all over that. He's not this thug like everyone has made him out to be. All he's done is get caught smoking a little weed.

Regardless,  how many games has he played over two seasons?  He can't be trusted.

1 hour ago, COLTS449 said:

Getting wacky here. lol

27 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Getting wacky here. lol

We get a focused Gordon we will average 40 pts a game..m

33 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

He is always suspended , it would be a waste of a pick id pass

He knows next yr is his last hope.he gets away from Cleveland in the right culture he will b a top 5 WR...

2 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

We get a focused Gordon we will average 40 pts a game..m

He knows next yr is his last hope.he gets away from Cleveland in the right culture he will b a top 5 WR...

I don't think a new environment will help that kid, id rather use the pick via draft. we dont need any more WR's anyways.  

How perfect of an offseason would this be? Cut AJ, Cole, and Jones. Sign Von Miller, Janorris Jenkins and Junior Galette (1year deal). Trade a 5th rounder for Josh Gordon. And get Jaylon Smith, Nick Martin, CJ Prosise, and Spencer Drango in the first 3 rounds, That's including a trade back into the 3rd for Prosise. If these things happened, with a new coaching staff, and a healthy Luck we'd be the favorite to win the Super Bowl easily.

3 hours ago, Solon said:

I honestly wouldn't mind trading for Gordon. His last suspension was kind of B.S, but it was his fault for being in that environment. I don't think he'll screw up in Indianapolis. I believe it's nicknamed Naptown for a reason.

Naptown must be code word for more civilized citizenry per capita, considering its population is nearly 3x bigger than Cleveland's. 

If Gordon can be had for a 5-6 I'd do it instantly.

Does the "I want Josh Gordon so badly,  I'd trade a......"   even realize that he's one more mistake away from being suspended either for another year or life?      Not sure which,  but does it really matter?

We don't need another receiver.

We need quality offensive lineman.       We need a running back.     We need a pass rushing linebacker or two.   We need another cornerback.     We need another defensive lineman.      We need some inside linebackers.

Stop falling in love with big names who don't deliver or can't stay on the field.

36 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Does the "I want Josh Gordon so badly,  I'd trade a......"   even realize that he's one more mistake away from being suspended either for another year or life?      Not sure which,  but does it really matter?

We need quality offensive lineman.       We need a running back.     We need a pass rushing linebacker or two.   We need another cornerback.     We need another defensive lineman.      We need some inside linebackers.

Stop falling in love with big names who don't deliver or can't stay on the field.

I don't even think we need to draft a RB this year unless a highly rated one on our board is available. I'm fine going into next year woth Gore, Herron, and Robinson. Maybe pick up Ballard if something happens mid-season. Upgrading the OLine will help Gore. Inside linebacker, absolutely. Pass rusher, without a doubt. Secondary, sure. DLine, yes. Especially in the middle. But running back is something I'd feel ok with if the OLine was upgraded.

43 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Valid points. But it just takes some kids longer to grow up. I think Gordon will stay out of trouble knowing this is his last chance. Also a new, and winning organization would help him even more. And don't forget how great he is when he is one the field. Yes I said great. He's one of the top 3 or 4 WR's in the NFL IMO. Granted we don't really need another wide out with Hilton, Moncrief, and Dorsett. But if we could get a top 5 NFL wide receiver in his prime for a 5th round pick. I just think you gotta go for it.

The NFL needs to loosen up on these drug policies anyways. Punishing a kid for smoking weed? Come on they act like they've killed somebody or something. Kid's like Gordon and Blackmon are elite players. Fans want to see those guys play. Nobody cares if they want to smoke a little weed or whatever else as long as it doesn't effect their play. The league needs to stay out of players personal lives.

2 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

The NFL needs to loosen up on these drug policies anyways. Punishing a kid for smoking weed? Come on they act like they've killed somebody or something. Kid's like Gordon and Blackmon are elite players. Fans want to see those guys play. Nobody cares if they want to smoke a little weed or whatever else as long as it doesn't effect their play. The league needs to stay out of players personal lives.

Blackmon's issue is that he's a raging alcoholic and needs help badly. He just got arrested AGAIN for another DUI.

I'd be OK with using a 5th on Gordon. Is a need? No, but if you have the opportunity to bring in an amazing talent like that, you have to do it. Who knows if Dorsett works out and that 5th round pick may never see the field. Sometimes you have to go with the known commodity, as long as you know you can make sure the red flags can be handled. A strong WR group helps too.

19 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

How perfect of an offseason would this be? Cut AJ, Cole, and Jones. Sign Von Miller, Janorris Jenkins and Junior Galette (1year deal). Trade a 5th rounder for Josh Gordon. And get Jaylon Smith, Nick Martin, CJ Prosise, and Spencer Drango in the first 3 rounds, That's including a trade back into the 3rd for Prosise. If these things happened, with a new coaching staff, and a healthy Luck we'd be the favorite to win the Super Bowl easily.

This would be the equavalent of winner PowerBall!  However, let's be real.  A new coaching staff usually means a learning curve.  Only exception I believe was Gruden taking Tampa Bay to Super Bowl year after Dungy was fired.  Again, the above scenario is fabulous!  Now what is reality?

I'd trade a 2017 CONDITIONAL 5th round pick for Josh Gordon.

If we get 16 games out of him without incident the Browns get the 2017 pick....if he slips up they get nothing.

Otherwise, no deal.

Keep in mind....under the league substance abuse policy this kid won't just be under a microscope....he'll be under a microscope, a stethoscope, the :censored:ing Hubble space telescope and whatever "scope" proctologists use.

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2015 at 5:06 PM, Solon said:

I honestly wouldn't mind trading for Gordon. His last suspension was kind of B.S, but it was his fault for being in that environment. I don't think he'll screw up in Indianapolis. I believe it's nicknamed Naptown for a reason.

Calling Indy "Naptown" is very old and stale. That phrase hasn't been used like in 25 years. At one time all Indy had was a ABA team. Besides, Indy has zero to do with what Gordon does, has done and will do.

51 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

I'd trade a 2017 CONDITIONAL 5th round pick for Josh Gordon.

If we get 16 games out of him without incident the Browns get the 2017 pick....if he slips up they get nothing.

Otherwise, no deal.

Keep in mind....under the league substance abuse policy this kid won't just be under a microscope....he'll be under a microscope, a stethoscope, the :censored:ing Hubble space telescope and whatever "scope" proctologists use.

You could have thought of a more realistic deal. I know the Browns have made some bad moves but even they are not that stupid.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

You could have thought of a more realistic deal. I know the Browns have made some bad moves but even they are not that stupid.

I know, I'm sure I could have....but I honestly don't trust Gordon after the relentless series of bad decisions he's made.

If he doesn't come with a literally risk-free season....then I'm not interested. Another team will take a shot on his talent, I don't doubt that, and we know his talent level certainly isn't the issue.....but they're likely to get burned for the draft pick.

Some of these guys just can't help it.

On 12/24/2015 at 9:28 PM, NewColtsFan said:

How is having 3 great receivers working out for Pittsburgh? 

35 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

How is having 3 great receivers working out for Pittsburgh? 

Clearly it's working out great for them.     And the Colts should have 3 as well.

Hilton.   Moncrief.     Dorsett.

Remember,  Gordon is one more incident away from being banned (I think) for more than a year.    He'll be coming off a year long ban with Cleveland.     I'm not interested in trading a 5 for a guy who might never play a down for the Colts.

On offense we need o-line.     And on defense,  we need most EVERYTHING!!

This team has lots of really pressing needs.    Don't want to waste a pick if we don't have to.     We can't afford luxuries.

18 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Clearly it's working out great for them.     And the Colts should have 3 as well.

Hilton.   Moncrief.     Dorsett.

Remember,  Gordon is one more incident away from being banned (I think) for more than a year.    He'll be coming off a year long ban with Cleveland.     I'm not interested in trading a 5 for a guy who might never play a down for the Colts.

On offense we need o-line.     And on defense,  we need most EVERYTHING!!

This team has lots of really pressing needs.    Don't want to waste a pick if we don't have to.     We can't afford luxuries.

That's why I said conditional pick..If he messes up and gets suspended we don't lose the pick...It's a low pick anyways, we could have a top 5 wr, or a guy who might not even make the team...Brandon Marshall trade worked out pretty well for the Jets..

Just now, jshipp23 said:

That's why I said conditional pick..If he messes up and gets suspended we don't lose the pick...It's a low pick anyways, we could have a top 5 wr, or a guy who might not even make the team...Branson Marshall trade worked out pretty well for the Jets..

If we could do THAT deal,  then I'd consider it.

But I seriously doubt Cleveland would agree to that. 

The Marshall trade worked out great for the Jets.     But Marshall isn't as close to the NFL Death Penalty as Gordon is........