Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jags postgame reaction (merged)

JColts72

I know all the players want to do their best and future contracts could be on the line, but why do we even bother (this year). Luck is hurt, Pagano is probably gone and we will probably meet the Steelers or Pats sometime during the playoffs where we will be trounced. Let everyone heal up and work on a higher draft pick and try again next year.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

I told you guys. As bad as it pisses me off to say this. We're better off just letting it go and getting a top 10 draft pick. 51 points to the Jag offs isn't ok. This is embarrassing guys.  But with a top 10 pick we can get a couple difference makers on defense and should be one of the top 5 teams next season.

I just don't feel like one guy on defense is going to be enough to really do much of anything next year. 

Just put Luck on IR.  Let him heal completely.  Why force him back for a lost season with a team that has quit?  At least it saves a little face on what has been a disappointing and embarrassing season.  Take Ls the rest of he way for a 6-10 season and see what draft pick that gets us.  Then fire everyone, make sure Irsay is sober, replace them and start over.   This regime is done.  Get them out the door, replaced and look to the draft and offseason. 

9 minutes ago, jchandler7 said:

Another bad game by Hasselback and an atrocious game by the O-line. I noticed a big lack of effort on several plays as well. I also dont understand the reasoning behind playing Mcnary over Sio Moore either, Mcnary missed ALOT of tackles. Moore plays well when given the chance. 

The coaching staff never plays Sio for some reason.

2 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

This team has definitely checked out for sure. Offense is not clicking at all and it's getting to each other in my opinion... Defense is somewhat alive but again can't stop the run. Coach is gone, players aren't stepping up when they know the staff is going to be cleared out. People can still keep denying that but it's looking to be true. We're done for the season guys. Looking forward to getting the draft posts up in a few weeks. lol

If U mean the D is somewhat alive the last 2 weeks, I hate to see the D when they are not playing alive.

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

I just don't feel like one guy on defense is going to be enough to really do much of anything next year. 

It definitely helps and gives us the potential to get a play maker for our 1st pick. When was the last time that has happened??

2 minutes ago, Maniq said:

Wonder how Pagano handles this in the locker room. What words to say?

"We almost reached ten points on offense against a good D"?

He should handle it by just not even going in and catching a bus back to Indy. Then him and Grigs should help each other pack

Just now, pgt_rob said:

It definitely helps and gives us the potential to get a play maker for our 1st pick. When was the last time that has happened??

I mean it sounds nice on paper, but the poor Lions have had a slew of high draft picks, same with the Browns and look how their seasons end up... 

5 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Agree, Ryan will just get more players in FA who are past their prime. This team is Mush on D and always had been for a long, long time. Tough D was seen in those Ted Teams in Mid 70's and 68/70/71 Colts.

its over, the season is wash, we need a new regime to start over around the few skill players we have and Luck. Even if we make the playoffs somehow, we are one and done for sure, there are 10 teams out there that wont make the playoffs that are better than us. Put Luck on IR, take old man Hasselback off the field already before he gets seriously injured, let clipboard jesus play for a better draft pick for us. On to next year new coaches hopefully new GM and new players.

Worst Defense in the NFL....Defensive backs bumping into each other and old man time at QB...  Fleener could not break the tackle of a 3 year old...Hasselbeck missing wide open receivers.....defense doesn't care...screw it.....gut the entire team and coaching staff...it will be worth it in 3 years to have a better team

We got all the wins we could out of Matt. Hard to win without your starting QB gone for half the season. Didn't see the game, but the score speaks for itself. Sad part about it is that even if we do win out & go 9-7, there's gonna be a 10 win team that misses the playoffs which is why the NFL has to change the playoff seeding after the season. Based off what's went down the last couple weeks & how we've been inconsistent the entire season, we don't look like a playoff team, especially not 1 that deserves a home playoff game.

1 minute ago, rpeay said:

Worst Defense in the NFL....Defensive backs bumping into each other and old man time at QB...  Fleener could not break the tackle of a 3 year old...Hasselbeck missing wide open receivers.....defense doesn't care...screw it.....gut the entire team and coaching staff...it will be worth it in 3 years to have a better team

Ahm. If Texans lose and we beat them next week, we're probably going to the playoffs. Slow down.

also tired of players not playing that are average at best...Freeman and Toler, who sucks...cut them both and cut the guy from Atlanta who missed tons of tackles today........this team is toast...FIRE PAGANO, staff and everyone else associated with this loser this year

Bad showing by the defense, but I think that many are overreacting to the score in this loss. 

Jacksonville is better on offense than they've been since MJD left and they came into the game hot after scoring 39 in a loss. 

Indy was in this game for most of it with a banged up, 40 year old, 2nd string QB. A lot of the Jags points came after our team had resigned itself to losing. 

I agree with many on here that Luck wins this game for us if he's out there. 

The defense was alarmingly bad in this one, but I don't think we learned anything about Indy that we didn't already know before the game. It is going to take some superhuman QB play to take us anywhere in the playoffs (if we even make the playoffs), but we have a superhuman QB, so, yeah... I think many are overreacting... We knew that the roster was suspect before we got beat up in Jacksonville. 

21 minutes ago, Moose Of Woe said:

50 points to the Jaguars, though. That's just.... I have no words.

Yeah I've been saying it all year.  The D sucks, there is no "ohhh but if the O didn't turn it over blah blah blah."  

The fact of the matter is the D sucks, the team isn't good.  For anyone to argue over that is absolutely ludicrous.  Someone in a prior older post mentioned that this current D is much better than the bend but don't break D of prior years, and I have to disrespectfully agree and yes I said DISRESPECTFULLY agree if your still out there, that this D isn't anywhere comparable to the "soft D," of old.  It was in a Luck bashing thread also, how much do the Colts miss Luck now???? 

Frankly, this is one of the worst defenses I've ever seen.  

Next week is the big game, let's measure things on that game, because it is the one that matters.  Pats will take care of the Texans tonight anyway, and so nothing lost or gained by today's Jags debacle.  Jags go for it on 4th down at the end of the game with a 4 touchdown lead, karma will reign supreme one day for the Jags.

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

You guys should check in on the Jags from time to time. They just put up 39 points on the road last week. I tried to warn you guys that they have an explosive offense.

I just didn't want to believe you lol... Blake is on the rise. He makes good decisions on the field and is starting to really come into his own. Congrats to him and the Jags today.

1 minute ago, chrisfarley said:

Next week is the big game, let's measure things on that game, because it is the one that matters.  Pats will take care of the Texans tonight anyway, and so nothing lost or gained by today's Jags debacle.  Jags go for it with a 4 touchdown lead, karma will reign supreme one day for the Jags.

Yeah but can clipboard Jesus beat the Texans???

Pagano was "all in" today but this team looks like they do not have Coachs' back.  This was a horrible offensive and special team game. The defense was great in the first half but mistakes and turnovers gave this one away.

I agree there's no reason to bring luck back if we lose next week if Luck is not coming back until Miami we just need to pack this thing up it's been a disaster from game one

That was some good football today!  Colts up 13-3 just before half then get outscored 48-3 the rest of the way.  The offense looked awful, the defense looked awful and so did special teams.  Whitehurst is bad!  Oh well, next weeks game should be winner take all.  Lets all hope and pray Lucks back.  It would be nice to have Freeman back too.  Did Boom get hurt?  I wondered why Tipton got the bulk of 2nd RB plays in the second half?  Frusterating day to watch the Colts to say the least.