Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Has Anyone's Opinion Changed

ColtJ82

Great points and what if the Colts miss the playoffs and get a top half first round pick? Do you really want Grigson making that pick with his history? This team needs a pass rusher really bad and some help on the offensive line. Grigson only made one o-line pick late in last year's draft. What does that tell me? Either he is happy with the line or too arrogant to change it since all of them minus Constanzo (arguably the best player on the line) were picked by him.

If we are picking in the top 20 then I don't want Grigson there to make the pick. I know every GM makes mistakes but you don't get to blow 2 first round picks (arguably 3 depending on how you feel about Dorsett) when you're trying to re-build a team. I just don't trust him to build a championship team.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 weeks ago, everyone was on the "fire the coaching staff" train. Now that Pep is gone, and the team seems to be different.....has anyone's opinion changed? Anyone for giving this regime one more year (as long as Chud remains the OC)? 

No Pagano is a good coach put in a bad situation has had Pep and players forced on him . Grigs is decent to good GM but a control freak that needs to worry about doing his not making decisions the coachs should be making .

If we are picking in the top 20 then I don't want Grigson there to make the pick. I know every GM makes mistakes but you don't get to blow 2 first round picks (arguably 3 depending on how you feel about Dorsett) when you're trying to re-build a team. I just don't trust him to build a championship team.

I can live with Pagano being kept don't really want to keep him but I want Grigson gone like yesterday

I think Grigson should go and possibly Manusky but I think Pagano should stay.

We have a bad mix of O-Lineman. Does Grigson have the brains to fix it. His O-Line decisions  from day 1 look like garbage IMO.

And this is the Big Kahuna standing in the middle of the Highway!

How about his Trade moves lately?

We Really needed a good CB Prospect, and the draft Guru`s applauded D`Joun`s Potential. So...

We Really needed a good Safety prospect. Geathers is showing A Lot of promise.  A good maneuver by our GM.

Colts receive:

» 2015 third-round pick (No. 65): D'Joun Smith

» 2015 fourth-round pick (No. 109): Clayton Geathers

Buccaneers receive:

» 2015 second-round pick (No. 61): Ali Marpet

» 2015 fourth-round pick (No. 128): Traded to Raiders

Parry is showing me a lot of promise for a Rookie. So.... kudos for the trade up. Although Malcomb Brown is playing very well in NE with a High Upside.

Next:

Colts receive:

» 2015 fifth-round pick (No. 151): David Parry

49ers receive:

» 2015 fifth-round pick (No. 165): Bradley Pinion

» 2015 seventh-round pick (No. 244): Trenton Brown

Grigs will get another year. I don`t know how you give Pagano a New long term contract without other changes.

My stance is to let the season play out. Irsay, I trust, will make the right decision.

My opinion of Pagano has improved. He does seem to be a great motivator. His players play hard for him.

My opinion of Grigson has waned. I question whether he can construct a championship team.

Historically Irsay has made the right calls, I trust his judgement.  I would be more than happy with keeping Pagano and moving on from Grigson.  It will definitely be interesting to see what happens in the offseason. 

My stance is to let the season play out. Irsay, I trust, will make the right decision.

My opinion of Pagano has improved. He does seem to be a great motivator. His players play hard for him.

My opinion of Grigson has waned. I question whether he can construct a championship team.

Agree 100%

I don't want a coach who is just being passed around the league with little success - pedigrees similar to Kubiak, Fisher, Turner, Del Rio, Lovie Smith. If that's the case extend Pagano and fire Grigson. If we can get Harbaugh or *ducks* Rex Ryan I'd be happy. Saban I'm currently undecided on. If he had a QB he could succeed but he also can't treat adults like college kids. For me it all goes back to the post-game speech after the Packers game in 2012. "I'm gonna live to see two daughters get married, dance at their weddings, and hoist that Lombardi." I want it for Chuck so bad and I'm just a fan.

Just as some have pointed out so far. Let the season play out. To me, at least, that's the only correct thing to do from an evaluation standpoint. We gave 6 more games, and then, possibly the playoffs. The absolute comes into the discussion afterwards. I get the banter of talk about Grigson, Pagano, Chud, Irsay, et.al. But, honestly, how can a true culmination of determining this enter the picture without all pieces of the puzzle in place? Ride it out and see what happens. Good or bad.

There's something to be said for learning from one's mistakes. But if we don't win at least 10 games, I get the feeling Grigson is gone, or at least his authority will be reduced. 

I will say that I don't think Irsay or football people in general hold the Richardson trade against Grigson like fans do. Richardson was an elite prospect who bombed out. No one expected that.

There's something to be said for learning from one's mistakes. But if we don't win at least 10 games, I get the feeling Grigson is gone, or at least his authority will be reduced.

I will say that I don't think Irsay or football people in general hold the Richardson trade against Grigson like fans do. Richardson was an elite prospect who bombed out. No one expected that.

Except the Browns.

Why the hate on Manusky? His defense has done well this season regardless of turnovers and three

and outs from our offense.

They've been good lately.  I don't count the short fields against them.  I just don't think Manusky is that great of a defensive play caller.  Maybe my opinion will change if the defense continues to play like it has the past few games, for the rest of the year.  I highly doubt I change my mind on Grigson though.  Manusky maybe.  I've already kind of changed my mind on Chuck.  I kind of wanted him gone at the end of last year but I've changed my mind.

Mine has not changed. Say what you want about Pagano, but players will play hard for him and he is resourceful. He should be retained along with Chud if he isn't offered a HC job.

I blame most of the problems on Pep's offense. Shut out in first half by NO. Wow!

Be careful what you wish for. Someone like Adam Gase or Nick Saban sounds good, but could tank really fast. I would stick with Pagano and Chud.

And if it tanks on Saban he seems to have no problem going back to college football if the fire is too hot. At least we know Chuck is committed whether its shaking up or down.

Mine hasn't.

This is what I feared. A few cheap wins and everyone thinks we are contenders. The problems are still herein coaching and personnel, This team has regressed and these "wins" have the fanbase saying we can win the division.

This team is like a bad relationship with a woman. Constant arguing, dissatisfaction and unhappiness daily. You finally decide to come home and end it and all of a sudden she cooks you a great meal and pampers you when you get home that night. You say "Oh, she's great things aren't that bad." THE SAD TRUTH IS THAT YOU ARE MISERABLE AND A FEW MEALS DOESN'T CHANGE THE CORE PROBLEMS!!

It's best this team 1) loses the division, make changes and get a pick in the teens this offseason than 2)win the division and be one and smoked out and get a pick in the mid 20's.

Just my INTROSPECT

I will take a bad girlfriend that brings me 11 wins a year and forward progress in the playoffs every single year since we have been together. Way better than that relationship you're talking about! Tanking to get a top pick is rubbish. How does that get us a better relationship than we have now?

Jim Brown said he didn't see anything special about him. Which says a lot considering he is and was a Browns front office guy when he made the comment.

It wasn't necessarily the trade, but that he traded too much and it seemed like a desperation move. I also blame poor scouting too. Not just Grigson but everyone. Bad scouting is also why Manziel was a 1st round pick.

Disagree. It could be an abstraction if all 4 guys were hurt, but one isn't on the roster and another is 50/50 to dress and your franchise has a lacerated kidney. That's no shine for Grigs.

the franchise has a lacerated kidney from scrambling and not protecting himself by sliding.

Jim Brown said he didn't see anything special about him. Which says a lot considering he is and was a Browns front office guy when he made the comment.

It wasn't necessarily the trade, but that he traded too much and it seemed like a desperation move. I also blame poor scouting too. Not just Grigson but everyone. Bad scouting is also why Manziel was a 1st round pick.

I never believed in Manziel, but I can understand why he was chosen. Teams are desperate for a star QB.

the franchise has a lacerated kidney from scrambling and not protecting himself by sliding.

Believe it or not, I saw the play. I also know that Luck get's hit more than any other QB and that this wasn't his first injury this year. 

Again, this isn't a positive for Grigson.

Believe it or not, I saw the play. I also know that Luck get's hit more than any other QB and that this wasn't his first injury this year.

Again, this isn't a positive for Grigson.

Ok. But none of what you just said makes grigson responsible for Luck's lacerated kidney.

Ok. But none of what you just said makes grigson responsible for Luck's lacerated kidney.

Grigson is not directly responsible for any of Luck's injuries. Injuries can happen at any time, as proven by Tony Romo.

He is responsible however, for Luck being the most hit QB his first 3 years in the league or whatever the statistic is. That doesn't happen on accident.

Yeah yeah, Jim Brown disliked Trent Richardson. Every actual scout and front office person felt Richardson was the real deal. Brown was named Special Advisor for the Browns after they drafted Richardson, by the way.

I never liked the idea of spending a first on a RB. But NO ONE expected Richardson to be a bust like he was, including Jim Brown. 

I'm also not convinced it's bad scouting in Richardson's case. Obviously he's not as talented as everyone thought, but I think his real issue is laziness and lack of dedication. Maybe he was never going to be the next AP, but he shouldn't have been as bad as he is. The player everyone scouted never left Alabama.

Disagree. It could be an abstraction if all 4 guys were hurt, but one isn't on the roster and another is 50/50 to dress and your franchise has a lacerated kidney. That's no shine for Grigs.

The comment makes it seem like all four of the picks were bad. They weren't.

Grigson is not directly responsible for any of Luck's injuries. Injuries can happen at any time, as proven by Tony Romo.

He is responsible however, for Luck being the most hit QB his first 3 years in the league or whatever the statistic is. That doesn't happen on accident.

I agree with this. But to be fair, both pep and luck also take some of the blame for all the hits.

Right, dude could snap his leg getting out of the tub.

I don't want to get to far down the rabbit hole with "fault" in respect to Luck being injured. He plays the way he plays. But it can't be overlooked that he plays the way he plays knowing that his line hasn't kept him up right- he get's hit more than any other QB. Grigson's business's success hinges on him getting the line right.

I agree with this. But to be fair, both pep and luck also take some of the blame for all the hits.

Absolutely. Too many times Luck has been seen basically holding the ball hostage trying to make a play that's not there happen. And Pep called long developing plays. They take blame as well.

But you have to do a better job keeping your QB on his feet. Even in the Denver game with a new OC and Luck getting rid of the ball quickly, Luck was getting cracked. Part of it was the dirty Denver defense but the line failed him that day. That falls on the GM.

My opinion has not changed...I don't think Chuck needs to be fired....never did though. I wanted a change in OC and got it.

This hss been my stance all along as well. They finally got rid of Pep. Let's see what happens with 3 coaches with NFL experienced.

Look at the Falcons ,a team that has been solid for a long time and usually thought to make a run when the season starts. They changed coaches and where are they today? To me the problem was Peps play calling.

They had won a combined 10 games the previous two seasons under Mike Smith. Not that it was all his fault. They had/have some roster problems.

IMO, the change that had to be made, was made, it's done, and NO other front office or coaching changes are warranted. I'm most definitely NOT on the fire everybody bandwagon. Frankly, I look at all of the new coach threads with disgust. I do think Grigson deserves some heat for personnel shortcomings, but that's it, heat, not fire.