Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mike Adams and Henry Anderson are key players to this team...

bap1331

i love this defense but as soon as these men left, Peyton started grilling the defense. The penalties hurt the broncos at the end but a win is a win man.

So glad but we need to fix the depth in case of emergencies. Any status of these 2?

i love this defense but as soon as these men left, Peyton started grilling the defense. The penalties hurt the broncos at the end but a win is a win man.

So glad but we need to fix the depth in case of emergencies. Any status of these 2?

Sounds like Anderson may be done for the year. They are saying it is a "significant " knee injury. That's not good

I think Adams will be fine, I'm definitely worried about Anderson. 

Anderson has a serious knee injury.  Expect him to be gone for the season the way Pagano was talking.  MRI tomorrow will likely confirm everyone's worst fears.  Done for the season with an ACL.  I am hoping for an MCL.  Based on the replay and you have to look careful, it does look extremely bad.  It's such a shame for such a promising player.  These injuries can sometimes affect someone drastically in his line position.  He is very young and he's got that going for him, but the injury will haunt him for a good long time (if it's serious and season ending).  Look for him to be placed on IR tomorrow as soon as the MRI result is confirmed, thus ending a stalwart rise through training camp and hard work and dedication.  He will be missed but he will be back one day.

I think Adams will be fine, I'm definitely worried about Anderson. 

Agree.

An injured ankle can be bad, a knee is even worse. IMO, Adams cold be out extended time, Anderson will be out extended time.  The nature and severity of the injury will be determined by a Magnetic Resonance Imaging scan.  The timetables will be more clear at that point.

Anderson has a serious knee injury. Expect him to be gone for the season the way Pagano was talking. MRI tomorrow will likely confirm everyone's worst fears. Done for the season with an ACL. I am hoping for an MCL. Based on the replay and you have to look careful, it does look extremely bad.

Impossible to know the severity by watching a replay.

Anderson has a serious knee injury. Expect him to be gone for the season the way Pagano was talking. MRI tomorrow will likely confirm everyone's worst fears. Done for the season with an ACL. I am hoping for an MCL. Based on the replay and you have to look careful, it does look extremely bad.

as much pain as he was in, I said immediately ACL. Been there myself. Sadly, a once brilliant career may be over. Anderson was a beast and he will be missed badly.

as much pain as he was in, I said immediately ACL. Been there myself. Sadly, a once brilliant career may be over. Anderson was a beast and he will be missed badly.

Huh?

Whose brilliant career may be over?

Modern medicine has come a long way. 

If Anderson is lost for the year,  he is likely back at the start of next season.

i was at the game. Saw him walk out and he looked really angry and hurt with 2 guys helping carry him. Huge difference from seeing Mike Adams just walk off the field.

It was brutal to see CBS flip the screen real quick over to Anderson laying on the ground with that look on his face that this is bad, really bad.  then they quickly went to a commercial......just makes you queezy and sick at your stomach.

i was at the game. Saw him walk out and he looked really angry and hurt with 2 guys helping carry him. Huge difference from seeing Mike Adams just walk off the field.

I realize that. But it could be a sprain, it could be a tear. Impossible to know but just watching a replay

It was brutal to see CBS flip the screen real quick over to Anderson laying on the ground with that look on his face that this is bad, really bad.  then they quickly went to a commercial......just makes you queezy and sick at your stomach.

it hurts man. I saw the way Peyton was running the ball down the middle when anderson got hurt...Hopefully just a few weeks though.

it hurts man. I saw the way Peyton was running the ball down the middle when anderson got hurt...Hopefully just a few weeks though.

Peyton is smart and knew how good a run stopper Anderson is/was, they exploit injuries very well.  Adams killed us too, Colt Anderson is no Mike Adams.

No but rarely will you ever be the same again. Unless your AP....

Depends on the patient, and what their position requires of them

Lots of guys come back strong from ACL repair. It's not as big of an issue as it once was.

Yes, and the goal these days is a safe return to sport at 6 months post surgery.  ACL Rehab begins day one in the recovery room.

I realize that. But it could be a sprain, it could be a tear. Impossible to know but just watching a replay

Exactly.  That is pure guesswork.  But once in the locker room , trainers and doctors can perform many non imaging tests and get a good idea of what is wrong, and an inkling how bad it could be.  For a knee, this could be (as below) -

Inspection

Examine for an effusion

Examine for tenderness

Examine range of movement

Examine stability

MCL and LCL

The valgus and varus stress tests can be used.

Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL)

The anterior drawer test:

Lachman's test: **

Pivot shift test:

Posterior cruciate ligament (PCL)

Posterior drawer test:

Posterior sag test:

It is known early in these whether follow up imaging tests need to be scheduled.

Anderson has a serious knee injury.  Expect him to be gone for the season the way Pagano was talking.  MRI tomorrow will likely confirm everyone's worst fears.  Done for the season with an ACL.  I am hoping for an MCL.  Based on the replay and you have to look careful, it does look extremely bad.  It's such a shame for such a promising player.  These injuries can sometimes affect someone drastically in his line position.  He is very young and he's got that going for him, but the injury will haunt him for a good long time (if it's serious and season ending).  Look for him to be placed on IR tomorrow as soon as the MRI result is confirmed, thus ending a stalwart rise through training camp and hard work and dedication.  He will be missed but he will be back one day.

He'll be okay, just a set back. If he's really as good as he's been, he'll get back to his form. He isn't beasting it up because he's an incredible athlete. He's beasting it up because he plays extremely smart. 

Keep in mind that a D-lineman doesn't put anywhere near the strain on their ACL that a skill player does (if it is the ACL). They don't make sudden cuts all game long, which is how Chapman managed to play half of a season on a torn ACL and was still an animal for Bama. It'll be a huge loss, but far from a career-ending injury.

Also keep in mind that a lot of coming back from an ACL injury is mental and trusting that your body has healed.

Man. All you guys that's talking about if its Anderson's ACL then it will affect his career. You guys are trippin. Seriously. If its an ACL then he's done for the year and that sucks as bad as anything could possibly suck, but he'll be back next year and be the same beast he was before. It happens every year. Its not a career altering thing unless your like 40 years old or its just a freak thing. But my gut tells me its not an ACL.