Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vernon Davis a Bronco

chad72

I guess they did miss the production at the TE position. Old timer Owen Daniels can't hang with the best in a shootout :).

It might still be a few weeks before he can come up to pace, I feel. Peyton loves those seam routes, I can tell you that.

are you kidding me, if this is true the Broncos got a steal, the 49ers really are cleaning house completely, next up Kap after the season, I bet they will suck up every dime they owe him and cut him just to so he is off the team, because at this point nobody is trading anything but a couple footballs and rolls of tape for him

are you kidding me, if this is true the Broncos got a steal, the 49ers really are cleaning house completely, next up Kap after the season, I bet they will suck up every dime they owe him and cut him just to so he is off the team, because at this point nobody is trading anything but a couple footballs and rolls of tape for him

haha

Its an improvement for Denver for sure, but that's only because they have jack squat at the TE position.  Vernon Davis hasn't been very good for a long, long time.. I don't expect him to give them a game-changing weapon, but he should be a solid TE for Manning.. assuming he can get up to speed with the offense and timing with Manning

Funny that they literally doubled their production at TE last night over the season production with how well Daniels and especially Vergil green played. I can see this trade but weird it happened after they finally got the TE production they've needed.

Genuinely think they let the TEs loose knowing they were going after Vernon and have been holding them back not to risk an injury to either. Kubiak basically said we played more 2 TE because they had Richard Gordon on the squad as a 3rd TE. I think he was foreshadowing as now they REALLY have 3 TE.

Funny how much of a copy cat league it is. Patriots use 3 TEs extremely well by rotating them, now Denver will try to do the same. This coming less than a year after NE moved the ball on Seattle in the Superbowl using a bunch of Manning/Gase style plays.

Its an improvement for Denver for sure, but that's only because they have jack squat at the TE position.  Vernon Davis hasn't been very good for a long, long time.. I don't expect him to give them a game-changing weapon, but he should be a solid TE for Manning.. assuming he can get up to speed with the offense and timing with Manning

I wouldn't call 2-3 years ago a long long time, that's how long its been since SF was good and so was Davis, he also had Kaepernot throwing to him, I bet he is going to tear it up with Manning, Peyton has always turned his TE in to allstars

I guess they did miss the production at the TE position. Old timer Owen Daniels can't hang with the best in a shootout :).

It might still be a few weeks before he can come up to pace, I feel. Peyton loves those seam routes, I can tell you that.

Strong move...the TEs weren't getting respect. they will now.

Elway is In it to win it

Didn't they pick up another TE recently? Thought I heard that last night.

a practice squad guy who will be cut.

In Kubiak's offense..... you need a lot of TEs..and the TE must be a threat.

His numbers are low because Kap cant get going.

Davis and a 7th for two 6s???....Denver's 6s and SFs 7s aren't that far apart.

Steal

a practice squad guy who will be cut.

In Kubiak's offense..... you need a lot of TEs..and the TE must be a threat.

His numbers are low because Kap cant get going.

Davis and a 7th for two 6s???....Denver's 6s and SFs 7s aren't that far apart.

Steal

Definitely a good deal. Denver should get production from him fairly quickly.

Assuming they both play. Vernon didn't play last time we played the Niners.

Good point. And I'm not sure how quickly Vernon can catch up with the offensive plays too but he has a week to at least learn enough to run a couple routes.

Funny that they literally doubled their production at TE last night over the season production with how well Daniels and especially Vergil green played. I can see this trade but weird it happened after they finally got the TE production they've needed.

Think about it for a moment. Owen Daniels has not been healthy for an entire season based on history. In cold weather, Kubiak likes to run out of 3 TE sets with an ability to split one of them out at times. I can see this move based on those reasons.

Think about it for a moment. Owen Daniels has not been healthy for an entire season based on history. In cold weather, Kubiak likes to run out of 3 TE sets with an ability to split one of them out at times. I can see this move based on those reasons.

oh I understand...they lost their starting LT again for the year so thought they would be looking to address that. It will take Davis a month to adjust to the offense...and with manning and his focus on timing and knowing where his guys are and trust...hard to think it will pay much dividends....hope it does but it will take time.

oh I understand...they lost their starting LT again for the year so thought they would be looking to address that. It will take Davis a month to adjust to the offense...and with manning and his focus on timing and knowing where his guys are and trust...hard to think it will pay much dividends....hope it does but it will take time.

They rotated linemen on the left side, ala Patriots style

Another weapon for 18. He is good too.

Yeah, Davis is probably thinking: "Yes, there is a God! I finally have an elite field general who knows what the hades he's doing & can throw me the darn ball. "

Yes, just in case you're wondering, I am slamming QB Colin Kaepernick who will never be considered decent, let alone elite or even slightly above average. 

A change of scenery can do a guy a ton of good. Just look at Vontae Davis...Lackluster in Miami & a game changer in INDY. Just because a TE's production declines, it doesn't mean he forgot how to keep drives alive, get 1st downs, or he can't learn new tricks. The caliber of your QB matters & guys zone out when their captain on the field sucks. They just do, but when you have a proven leader & destined HOF all that changes for the better. 

You are now motivated & reborn to kick some serious caboose. 

Good for him. He'll get his stats as any Tight End does under Manning, and then the first round playoff exit after a promising season. If only the Super Bowl was played in October, Manning would have 2 hands of rings. 

With Daniels, Davis, & Green, Denver could be potent. Couple that with Ware, Ward, Miller, Harris, & Talib & all Peyton has to do is put up 20 points & they will roll into the post season. 

Just punch your playoff ticket & anything can happen Bogie especially if the Bengals knock off the Patriots since Cincinnati has the RBs, LBs, & defense to do it.