Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Pep Hamilton thread [Mega-merge]

C0lts088

"Frank Gore can still produce. He’s coming off back-to-back rushing games of 98 and 78 yards. But the Colts panicked and abandoned the running game after they fell behind by 13 points to the Patriots. Indianapolis dropped back to pass on its final 27 offensive snaps. That won’t get it done because it makes the Colts easy to defend.

“I probably was a bit overzealous towards the end,” offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton said. “I should have done a better job of mixing in maybe a screen or a draw, something to help our offensive linemen and not put the pressure on those guys to have to pass protect against a good rushing front for 26 or however many consecutive plays. We were down at that point in the game. We all felt like we needed to do something to score fast. It would help if I mix in something to offset that pass rush.”

I'm tired of hearing him talk.... Can chud just take over already?

http://espn.go.com/blog/indianapolis-colts/post/_/id/14334/new-orleans-is-the-perfect-team-for-colts-rb-frank-gore-to-crack-100-yards-rushing

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think the "punt" thing threw the whole team off-kilter. Heck, the 7 points we gave them there was kinda the difference in the game.

Pep can figure it out i think. He needs a lil help from players with penalties. Its not all on him. That first drive was perfect. More of that please!

It's not the first we have thrown 20+ straight passes The guy is in over his head. We were running the ball effectively. I am surprised he knows what a screen pass is.

If Pagano wants to keep his job take the playbook out of that guys hands

You think if we started 20 more threads of complaining and whining it would change anything?

Pep this Pep that...Pagano this, Pagano that.  Grigson doe this should be fired for that.....Irsay,,whatever.....sick of the whining and complaining instead of analysis.  It becomes so annoying and obnoxious.  A bunch of kids play way too much Madden, but they don't even know who HE is....

Let's not forget,  that Pagano told Pep to be more aggressive in the 4th quarter and start throwing the ball more downfield than before.

This is not all on Pep........

Things are rarely that black and white.

Just saying.....

Or Chuck is trying to take some of the heat off Pep.....which is understandable.

They aren't going to fire him mid-season so no. As for what he said what else do you expect him to say?

They wouldn't fire a HC midseason, but canning an OC isn't out of the question....especially if things go further south as the season goes on. I don't really expect it, but I wouldn't rule it out.

They wouldn't fire a HC midseason, but canning an OC isn't out of the question....especially if things go further south as the season goes on. I don't really expect it, but I wouldn't rule it out.

I assume the "they" you're referring to is Jim Irsay cause Miami had no problem sending the HC packing before we even got mid season

Pep this Pep that...Pagano this, Pagano that. Grigson doe this should be fired for that.....Irsay,,whatever.....sick of the whining and complaining instead of analysis. It becomes so annoying and obnoxious. A bunch of kids play way too much Madden, but they don't even know who HE is....

I actually don't play madden...or any games for that matter. But I am for firing both Pep and Pagano. Grigs is ok.

They aren't going to fire him mid-season so no. As for what he said what else do you expect him to say?

I expect him to say that after 3 years I've learned that I need to mix in the run with the pass and put in some screens and draws to keep the defenses off a straight out pass rush because we don't have a dominate oline. I would like to hear say look at these packages I have put together that say is this gonna be a run or a pass because they have run and passed before from this formation. I would like to hear him say how did you like these short crossing patterns and quick slants we developed to use the speed and confusion to a defense while in between the 20's. All this time here and we still pretty much have an oc who calls plays like a college OC with superior athletes not an NFL OC with players on equal footing.

I expect him to say that after 3 years I've learned that I need to mix in the run with the pass and put in some screens and draws to keep the defenses off a straight out pass rush because we don't have a dominate oline. I would like to hear say look at these packages I have put together that say is this gonna be a run or a pass because they have run and passed before from this formation. I would like to hear him say how did you like these short crossing patterns and quick slants we developed to use the speed and confusion to a defense while in between the 20's. All this time here and we still pretty much have an oc who calls plays like a college OC with superior athletes not an NFL OC with players on equal footing.

He hasn't been here 3 years. So much for you knowing what you are talking about.

Pep this Pep that...Pagano this, Pagano that.  Grigson doe this should be fired for that.....Irsay,,whatever.....sick of the whining and complaining instead of analysis.  It becomes so annoying and obnoxious.  A bunch of kids play way too much Madden, but they don't even know who HE is....

You my Friend win the internet for the day! :thmup:

Let's not forget,  that Pagano told Pep to be more aggressive in the 4th quarter and start throwing the ball more downfield than before.

This is not all on Pep........

Things are rarely that black and white.

Just saying.....

Even Bruce Arians doesn't go for chunk yardage every play.  Maybe there is a chance to get it in every play design, but some of those are really designed just to open the chunk plays back up. If you go to the well too often, you'll find it come up dry. 

Including the last play of the 3rd quarter, the Colts threw or attempted to throw the football 29 consecutive times.  All 28 plays ran in the 4th quarter were passing attemptsNot everyone of those counted officially, as some were nullified by penalty.  Others were sacks or scrambles for yardage.  But the intent to throw was certainly apparent. 

I just do not know how under Arians Andrew Luck was a fourth quarter hero, and under Pep is more like a 4th quarter zero.  Very sad.

And I feel in my heart that if Bruce was calling the plays, we would have found a way to take that Pats game; but we will never know.  I do know Peps 29 straight passing attempts to finish the game wasn't using personnel to their fullest (right Mr. Frank Gore?)  As good as Frank is all game, his true worth is pounding a tired and worn down defense near the finish.  That brings up safeties cheating and then chunk pass plays may strike TD gold. Just smh still about that game finish, but Luck showed me something grinding through it.

Even Bruce Arians doesn't go for chunk yardage every play.  Maybe there is a chance to get it in every play design, but some of those are really designed just to open the chunk plays back up. If you go to the well too often, you'll find it come up dry. 

Including the last play of the 3rd quarter, the Colts threw or attempted to throw the football 29 consecutive times.  All 28 plays ran in the 4th quarter were passing attempts.  Not everyone of those counted officially, as some were nullified by penalty.  Others were sacks or scrambles for yardage.  But the intent to throw was certainly apparent. 

I just do not know how under Arians Andrew Luck was a fourth quarter hero, and under Pep is more like a 4th quarter zero.  Very sad.

And I feel in my heart that if Bruce was calling the plays, we would have found a way to take that Pats game; but we will never know.  I do know Peps 29 straight passing attempts to finish the game wasn't using personnel to their fullest (right Mr. Frank Gore?)  As good as Frank is all game, his true worth is pounding a tired and worn down defense.  That brings up safeties cheating and then chunk pass plays may strike TD gold. Just smh still about that game finish, but Luck showed me something grinding through it.

From what I read and see in the sports sections I think Arians has a head coaching job somewhere. Get up to date. :thmup:

He hasn't been here 3 years. So much for you knowing what you are talking about.

See now that's odd because I thought he came here in 2013 so in my odd math 2013=1 2014=2 and 2015=3 , seems like his third season to me but this is old way of doing math not the new way. My bad

I still think the "punt" thing threw the whole team off-kilter. Heck, the 7 points we gave them there was kinda the difference in the game.

Pep can figure it out i think. He needs a lil help from players with penalties. Its not all on him. That first drive was perfect. More of that please!

I completely agree! 

See now that's odd because I thought he came here in 2013 so in my odd math 2013=1 2014=2 and 2015=3 , seems like his third season to me but this is old way of doing math not the new way. My bad

Three seasons is 48 games. That is the math. Working on your 3rd year does not mean you been here three years. Just an oversight on your wording I guess.

From what I read and see in the sports sections I think Arians has a head coaching job somewhere. Get up to date. :thmup:

Umm, this is a comparison of Arians play calling and results with Luck in year 1 vs. Pep Hamilton's play calling with Luck these last 2.3. And more specifically this last game. Get on target. :thmup: :thmup:

Umm, this is a comparison of Arians play calling and results with Luck in year 1 vs. Pep Hamilton's play calling with Luck these last 2.3. And more specifically this last game. Get on target. :thmup: :thmup:

All this is, is another bash somebody thread. Everything said in here has already been said more than a few times. Seems like a mod would take a different direction other than where this one is at. :scratch:

You think if we started 20 more threads of complaining and whining it would change anything?

This is pretty much the stance I have taken on it though it has taken me time to get to that stance. The Colts organization from Irsay on down is going to do what they feel is best for the organization, Its certainly not all been pretty and honestly down right ugly at times from different pieces that have been put in place (Pagano. Grigson, Pep) but I if Irsay thinks a change is needed then it will happen...So Im just going to sit back and hope we start winning again.....At the same time I'm still going to sit back and watch the games and wonder to myself....Why in the hell Pep called a certain play or what in the hell is with a certain route combination

All this is, is another bash somebody thread. Everything said in here has already been said more than a few times. Seems like a mod would take a different direction other than where this one is at. :scratch:

Maybe, but not my post.  It is called contributing to the discussion, and the thread is about Pep Hamilton.  This thread is about Pep being who he is based upon his past.  I am also comparing Pep to Arians; who was Lucks offensive coordinator in 2012. 

I was the one who reported all Pep's play calls being all passes in the 4th quarter, right after the game ended (I went to NFL dot com and looked it up to confirm what I saw).  Arians was Andrews 1st OC.  The comparison hasn't been made recently in any thread that I am aware of, and it is valid.  This is the direction this fan (that happens to be a moderator as well) wants to steer the conversation in contributing to the discussion.  This is what forum members do.  There are more capable offensive minds and performers out there; the one he replaced being one of them.  IMO, Pep needs to improve, or we may someday need to look at getting one of them.

Maybe, but not my post.  It is called contributing to the discussion, and the thread is about Pep Hamilton.  This thread is about Pep being who he is based upon his past.  I am also comparing Pep to Arians; who was Lucks offensive coordinator in 2012. 

I was the one who reported all Pep's play calls being all passes in the 4th quarter, right after the game ended (I went to NFL dot com and looked it up to confirm what I saw).  Arians was Andrews 1st OC.  The comparison hasn't been made recently in any thread that I am aware of, and it is valid.  This is the direction this fan (that happens to be a moderator as well) wants to steer the conversation in contributing to the discussion.  This is what forum members do.  There are more capable offensive minds and performers out there; the one he replaced being one of them.  IMO, Pep needs to improve, or we may someday need to look at getting one of them.

If you choose to add to the negative aspect of threads that bash that is your choice. It's no big deal as it goes with the normal flow of this forum this year.

If you choose to add to the negative aspect of threads that bash that is your choice. It's no big deal as it goes with the normal flow of this forum this year.

I would prefer you refute / debate the points made, rather than the demeanor you feel in which it was delivered.

It's called meaningful discussion, and can turn lemons into lemonade.

"Frank Gore can still produce. He’s coming off back-to-back rushing games of 98 and 78 yards. But the Colts panicked and abandoned the running game after they fell behind by 13 points to the Patriots. Indianapolis dropped back to pass on its final 27 offensive snaps. That won’t get it done because it makes the Colts easy to defend.

“I probably was a bit overzealous towards the end,” offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton said. “I should have done a better job of mixing in maybe a screen or a draw, something to help our offensive linemen and not put the pressure on those guys to have to pass protect against a good rushing front for 26 or however many consecutive plays. We were down at that point in the game. We all felt like we needed to do something to score fast. It would help if I mix in something to offset that pass rush.”

I'm tired of hearing him talk.... Can chud just take over already?

http://espn.go.com/blog/indianapolis-colts/post/_/id/14334/new-orleans-is-the-perfect-team-for-colts-rb-frank-gore-to-crack-100-yards-rushing

Panic set in after the Pats took the opening kick off of the 2nd half and got a TD.  We were only down be 6 points.

We were down at that point in the game. We all felt like we needed to do something to score fast.

And my friends, therein lies the problem. 

There was no need in that game to try to score fast outside of 7 minutes left in the game. It appeared to me the string of 26 consecutive pass plays started sometime after the first series of the second half. 

And my friends, therein lies the problem. 

There was no need in that game to try to score fast outside of 7 minutes left in the game. It appeared to me the string of 26 consecutive pass plays started sometime after the first series of the second half. 

No, the string on passes was the last play of the 3rd quarter, and every play in the fourth for a total of 29.  (some do not count officially because of penalties, thus reported lower number).

In the 3rd quarter, I think we ran a mix of Gore runs with deep shots.  Neither were effective.  We should have stuck with the plan we had in the first half.  The must have thought BB would make and adjustement, so they tried to outsmart him.  Oh well.

I would prefer you refute / debate the points made, rather than the demeanor you feel in which it was delivered.

It's called meaningful discussion, and can turn lemons into lemonade.

I agree with that but that is not the way things are done in this forum. There is a difference in discussion that is different than whine. It has become chic in this forum to overlook anything positive. There is just a handful of those who don't post in negativity none stop. Might as well change the name of the Colts forum to who we want fired this week forum.