Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Realistic options, Rumors for HC

BProland85

Are there some out of the box realistic options the media is overlooking for HC next year if this dissapointing season continues?

A dark horse/wish list candidate I'd throw into the ring is Mark Dantonio from Michigan State. He is a very good defensive mind and has resurrected the program the past 7 years.

Other than Dantonio, I do like Saban as an option if he wants to coach in the NFL again.

And Josh McDaniels is an option if they wanna go offensive minded HC.

Finally, DC Matt Patricia is an option to hire since he has learned from Bellichick from awhile now on defense.

I kinda like Vladimir Putin. ;)

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A VERY valid observation...Luck has awful timing on the short passes and can't toss a properly timed screen pass to save his life.

He seems to be totally uninterested in developing this part of his game...just hold the ball forever and wing it long.

He is NOT a complete QB by any means.

Oh look, you guys found each other...

Yeah, but any new GM that comes in is going to want to put "his" guy in there. If Grigson is gone, I'm pretty sure the coaching staff is gone too.

If Pagano had another year on his deal, I could see a new GM giving him another shot. But the dynamic being what it is, I'm pretty sure everyone goes, unless they turn it around this year.

Watching this game tonight? They just schemed Marvin Lewis wide open across the middle, with Armanty Bryant trying to chase him down from behind. Easy third down conversion. 

Why was Marvin Lewis running across the middle of the field.  Did he get flagged?

Safe to cross out Mike Shanahan now (he has no interest in being a head coach again):

http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/11/5/9678050/shanahan-says-broncos-are-the-team-to-beat

No problem by me.

But he does say 'it would have to be the perfect situation.' Kind of left the door open a little, but after all the noise surrounding the Colts, I doubt anyone would view this as the perfect situation. Whether the noise is legit or not, there's just been too much of it. But we do have Luck, and I think anyone would have to think long and hard about it. 

I'd rather address the lack of overall talent on the defensive side of ball first before ousting Pagano though he does have his faults,

-We need another Corner

- Another pass rusher or two.

- ILB's that can cover.

-On the offensive side of the ball we need another WR...preferably a big wr that can get separation

-We could use a Scat Back

-Center that can come in and compete with Holmes

-A Right Tackle

You left out his stint in Cleveland

Well, I did but I didn't.  His first term as NFL coach doesn't matter because this would be Saban's second time as an NFL coach.

Now I did leave out his first year in NE which was 5-11, so in reality 16-16.  But it's really not fair to use his first year in NE because he took over a really, really bad team... epic bad.

If Saban took over the Colts, he would not be taking over a really, really bad team.  He would be taking over a pretty good team.

So there was a reason I choose 11-5... it's more of a true apples to apples comparison.

Well, I did but I didn't.  His first term as NFL coach doesn't matter because this would be Saban's second time as an NFL coach.

Now I did leave out his first year in NE which was 5-11, so in reality 16-16.  But it's really not fair to use his first year in NE because he took over a really, really bad team... epic bad.

If Saban took over the Colts, he would not be taking over a really, really bad team.  He would be taking over a pretty good team.

So there was a reason I choose 11-5... it's more of a true apples to apples comparison.

?? I was essentially comparing Saban's first stint in the NFL to Belichick's first stint. Neither had a QB and both had similar results.

Not sure the Patriot team Belichick took over was that bad. They made the playoffs under Carroll 2 out of 3 years and were 8-8 in his final season. The next 18 games under Belichick they went 5-13. Then Brady happened........

?? I was essentially comparing Saban's first stint in the NFL to Belichick's first stint. Neither had a QB and both had similar results.

Not sure the Patriot team Belichick took over was that bad. They made the playoffs under Carroll 2 out of 3 years and were 8-8 in his final season. The next 18 games under Belichick they went 5-13. Then Brady happened........

Oh!.  Sorry, I misunderstood.  In that case you are correct, I did not include his record with the Browns.

I'd rather address the lack of overall talent on the defensive side of ball first before ousting Pagano though he does have his faults,

-We need another Corner

- Another pass rusher or two.

- ILB's that can cover.

-On the offensive side of the ball we need another WR...preferably a big wr that can get separation

-We could use a Scat Back

-Center that can come in and compete with Holmes

-A Right Tackle

I would add a good PR/KR, but no more WR's to be drafted.