Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fired

Freenyfan102

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't even realize you've built your argument on 2014.

Of course, you've already forgotten 2013 where we beat Seattle (the eventual SB Champs) Denver (the eventual SB runner-up) SF, (the previous SB runner-up) and KC twice, (a playoff team) That's five elite teams we beat. But it was sooooooo long ago that you've already forgotten that.

Correct, which is why we have regressed because all of those games were the season before last. And this season is looking worse than last.

Still want to spout nonsense? PM ME.

I KNOW IT MEANS WERE IN THE PLAYOFFS. I'd much rather go to Denver or cincinatti than go to NE. You honestly think all our "improving" we will do over the season will catch up to all the improving the Patriots will do? And now they get to be at home where they are unstoppable. Relax with your "silly fan rants". Losing by 6 vs 29. I'd rather get blown out, at least I would have won my bet and heads would be rolled sooner. People like you are why kids get participation trophies.

You actually BET on this game?     Really?       Seriously?

I mean.........   Holy Cow?!?        On what planet,  what parallel universe did THAT seem like a good idea?!?

It just explains so, so much about you..........      you actually bet on this game?!?      I'd say what I really think but don't want to get a warning point from the mods.

Wow.                  :facepalm:

Can someone run the next stupidest play in the NFL.  We just usurped the super bowl play, which usurped the butt fumble.  I'd hate for this to last the rest of the season. I have to admit, some of the twitter, and other social media funnies are over the top but pretty darn funny.  If I was Pagano, I would call all my coaching friends and ask that they insert a stupid play into a game to usurp this awfulness. :scorebad:

Can someone run the next stupidest play in the NFL. We just usurped the super bowl play, which usurped the butt fumble. I'd hate for this to last the rest of the season. I have to admit, some of the twitter, and other social media funnies are over the top but pretty darn funny. If I was Pagano, I would call all my coaching friends and ask that they insert a stupid play into a game to usurp this awfulness. :scorebad:

If we lived through an offseason of 45-7 and the ensuing crap storm that is deflate gate we can live through this.

You actually BET on this game? Really? Seriously?

I mean......... Holy Cow?!? On what planet, what parallel universe did THAT seem like a good idea?!?

It just explains so, so much about you.......... you actually bet on this game?!? I'd say what I really think but don't want to get a warning point from the mods.

Wow. :facepalm:

Why would I not? We looked horrible almost all year, plus given the opponent and the magnitude of the game. I have Brady, Edelman, and Blount on my fantasy team too. Emotional hedging. Bet on my most hated team so when they succeed I at least get something. Was expecting another blowout and not a backdoor cover by Griff Whalen. Figured no matter what I win something.

Yet here I am at 1:30 am arguing with you

At least you don't live in NE (I presume). Can't wait to go to work tomorrow....

You're right, I don't and I feel for you man, not a good thing for you to deal with on a Monday morning.  At least you're not Grif Whalon.  Jazz hands has really done it now.  And Pags, well, several NFL teams need a secondary's coach.  NO PAGS, you cannot coach Special teams for any team in the coming years, it's now against the law for you to even draw up plays on napkins.

Correct, which is why we have regressed because all of those games were the season before last. And this season is looking worse than last.

Right.

Except somehow you conveniently forgot the whole part about beating both Cincinnati and Denver in the playoffs and making it to the AFC Championship.

You may be a fan of the Colts for more years,  but you're the worst kind of fan.     

Spoiled rotten,  entitled,  and you don't know nearly as much about football as you think.   

So you rant and rave and holler and scream and demand that heads should roll. 

You don't even notice that the same people who get hysterical and outraged every time we lose a game are doing that tonight,  and the same people who stay cool and calm and keep their powder dry are doing that tonight.

The usual suspects are angry.     And the other group of usual suspects know that it's just one game,  and we did pretty well and realize it's a long season. 

I know which group you're in.     And I know which group I'm in.     And they're not the same.

Why would I not? We looked horrible almost all year, plus given the opponent and the magnitude of the game. I have Brady, Edelman, and Blount on my fantasy team too. Emotional hedging. Bet on my most hated team so when they succeed I at least get something. Was expecting another blowout and not a backdoor cover by Griff Whalen. Figured no matter what I win something.

Yet here I am at 1:30 am arguing with you

I can't believe I have to explain "why not" to you, but here goes.....

1.    Because you didn't know if Andrew Luck would even play or not?!?      Hello?

2.    And even if you did know it would be Luck,  you didn't know how good Luck would even be?      You didn't know how hurt he might be?    Or how rusty?

3.   And if that wasn't enough,  you didn't know how good or bad our defense might be?    Remember having all those cornerbacks hurt just one game ago?   

-- Davis hurt.   -- Tolder hurt.  -- Butler hurt.  -- Smith hurt.    We had so many guys hurt we were playing guys right off the street.

4.   Did you forget the whole New England wanted revenge for "Deflategate thing?"     They didn't want to just beat us,  they want to embarrass us.

And yet,  somehow,  it struck you as a good idea to risk your money on a game like this?!?       Un.  Be.   Lievable.

No wonder you're fire breathing mad.     You probably lost money to boot.     That would explain so much.

Ridiculous.    Simply ridiculous.

1. Because you didn't know if Andrew Luck would even play or not?!? Hello?

2. And even if you did know it would be Luck, you didn't know how good Luck would even be? You didn't know how hurt he might be? Or how rusty?

3. And if that wasn't enough, you didn't know how good or bad our defense might be? Remember having all those cornerbacks hurt just one game ago?

-- Davis hurt. -- Tolder hurt. -- Butler hurt. -- Smith hurt. We had so many guys hurt we were playing guys right off the street.

4. Did you forget the whole New England wanted revenge for "Deflategate thing?" They didn't want to just beat us, they want to embarrass us.

And yet, somehow, it struck you as a good idea to risk your money on a game like this?!? Un. Be. Lievable.

No wonder you're fire breathing mad. You probably lost money to boot. That would explain so much.

Ridiculous. Simply ridiculous.

I don't think you understand. I bet the Pats to win by 10. Everything was pointing to it.

1. Because you didn't know if Andrew Luck would even play or not?!? Hello?

2. And even if you did know it would be Luck, you didn't know how good Luck would even be? You didn't know how hurt he might be? Or how rusty?

3. And if that wasn't enough, you didn't know how good or bad our defense might be? Remember having all those cornerbacks hurt just one game ago?

-- Davis hurt. -- Tolder hurt. -- Butler hurt. -- Smith hurt. We had so many guys hurt we were playing guys right off the street.

4. Did you forget the whole New England wanted revenge for "Deflategate thing?" They didn't want to just beat us, they want to embarrass us.

And yet, somehow, it struck you as a good idea to risk your money on a game like this?!? Un. Be. Lievable.

No wonder you're fire breathing mad. You probably lost money to boot. That would explain so much.

Ridiculous. Simply ridiculous.

He took the pats and the points in his bet. He didn't bet on the Colts

He took the pats and the points in his bet. He didn't bet on the Colts

I'm never impressed with someone who bets against his favorite team.    But just one of a number of reasons why I don't like gambling.

Instead of focusing on the game,  you're too busy worrying about your bet or your fantasy team.     (Sigh....    smh)

I'm never impressed with someone who bets against his favorite team. But just one of a number of reasons why I don't like gambling.

Instead of focusing on the game, you're too busy worrying about your bet or your fantasy team. (Sigh.... smh)

I just said its called emotional hedging. I get worked up to the point where I yell so I found a way to try to get something out of losing and minimize the damage. Unfortunately a back door cover at the end caused me to lose the game and my bet.

No one.  I think this was a pretty good plan.  We took chances.  Some paid off, some didn't.  I give Pagano and the staff props.  They coached and played aggressively.  We lost, but we lost trying something new.  That makes it easier to take for me.

No one. I think this was a pretty good plan. We took chances. Some paid off, some didn't. I give Pagano and the staff props. They coached and played aggressively. We lost, but we lost trying something new. That makes it easier to take for me.

We are 28 against the pass and 21 against the run..... we have regressed in the past 4 years since Pagano took over

We also have advanced every year in the PO and were one win away from the SB last year.

Okay I am going to put this in perspective and hope that this "we advanced in the playoff on more then last year" up and dies.

Luck rookie year. Did not win afc south but advance to playoff. Wild card day. We loss to a hot raven offense and defense team.

The next year. We face the Kansas City chief who I remind you we threw 4 int. To them at the same time three of their super star our out and one gets injured during the game. Then we face new England at new England and get killed

Last year. We face the Bengals in indy who is missing there A.j green and their tight end Gresham. So their high power offense is we missing from key cogs and they have a great dl but there lb are a joke there corner are cover corners and our wr are out running the coverage. So we win that game.

Next it's the Broncos. We all saw it we saw the manning was playing hurt. We seem for years and he just was not the same guy we are uses to seeing. He over threw sanders three times and that hard to do. We win the game.

Then we face new England and the rest is history.

We can only advance when the other side is hurt and not at its best. We can hurt animal on it last leg but when the animal is healthy we fall apart.

I just said its called emotional hedging. I get worked up to the point where I yell so I found a way to try to get something out of losing and minimize the damage. Unfortunately a back door cover at the end caused me to lose the game and my bet.

How much did you bet? 50 or 100 dollars? I was actually hoping to keep the game within 10 points and I'd be happy yesterday. Was thinking 38-28 loss at best would happen. Don't blame you one bit for betting on the game. I'm satisfied with the performance minus that horrendous special teams play, but you did get the worst possible result. I just wanted to stay within 10.

Okay I am going to put this in perspective and hope that this "we advanced in the playoff on more then last year" up and dies.

Luck rookie year. Did not win afc south but advance to playoff. Wild card day. We loss to a hot raven offense and defense team.

The next year. We face the Kansas City chief who I remind you we threw 4 int. To them at the same time three of their super star our out and one gets injured during the game. Then we face new England at new England and get killed

Last year. We face the Bengals in indy who is missing there A.j green and their tight end Gresham. So their high power offense is we missing from key cogs and they have a great dl but there lb are a joke there corner are cover corners and our wr are out running the coverage. So we win that game.

Next it's the Broncos. We all saw it we saw the manning was playing hurt. We seem for years and he just was not the same guy we are uses to seeing. He over threw sanders three times and that hard to do. We win the game.

Then we face new England and the rest is history.

We can only advance when the other side is hurt and not at its best. We can hurt animal on it last leg but when the animal is healthy we fall apart.

So what you're saying is the Colts have advanced one step further is the play offs each year.

How much did you bet? 50 or 100 dollars? I was actually hoping to keep the game within 10 points and I'd be happy yesterday. Was thinking 38-28 loss at best would happen. Don't blame you one bit for betting on the game. I'm satisfied with the performance minus that horrendous special teams play, but you did get the worst possible result. I just wanted to stay within 10.

30 on spread 20 on money line (a hedge against my emotional hedge) I lost like 25 lol not too bad but considering how emotionally invested I get and to lose the game and bet on something as dumb as the fake punt then a backdoor cover. And then I'm up til 3 am on a Sunday night.

I think ultimately it comes down to the coach(es), to blame for that call. Granted Griff should not have snapped it, but coaches have to be accountable and make sure they have everyone ready .  The whole team was standing toe to toe with NE through the whole first half.  I LOVED  the onside kick..some how the ref's blew that one..not sure how when the one video angle CLEARLY shows Moncrief having it.  They were running  and passing very efficiently the 1st two quarters. Got away from that in the 2nd half and the coaches panicked changed the offensive scheme and got to "cute" with that fake punt. 

I have always been a strong supporter of Chuck and most of his staff, but I think this might be the death knell for him and Pep with the way the  season has been going and last night ,and  the expectations not being met. Getting to fancy and abandoning the offensive game plan in the 2nd half did not help.

I am really starting to wonder if we have NFL caliber  coaches to lead this team.  I do really like Chuck, but I think he was trying everything possible(to hard) and beat the Pats at they're own game.

It's shame the Colts lost...I did not think they had much of a chance going in. After that first half, I thought, Indy could win this.

Like I said the coaches panicked,freaked, got too cute...in the words of Chuck "stick to the process".

They did not prove themselves to be leader of men in a heated battle that was well within they're grips.

Sadly....No one. But Pags, Pep and every other coach down to the trainers need fired.

Nothing new about this statement. Trick plays and gadgets are not viable football tactics for a team with this much talent. Who in their right mind would think this was a "good thing"? (Rhetorical question, nevermind)

We took over the worse play calling in NFL history. Instead on Sanchez butt fumble it's colts special team.

Worst in Colts history perhaps. The granddaddy of them all is still hand off to Ginats Conska and Herm taking it home. If Chuck was aNY coach, they will all call for hisn head, but in Indy, will be not much of a media peep.

Nothing new about this statement. Trick plays and gadgets are not viable football tactics for a team with this much talent. Who in their right mind would think this was a "good thing"? (Rhetorical question, nevermind)

We have the speed to kill with end arounds and reverses. Don't think many of those are in the playbook