Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fired

Freenyfan102

Nothing new about this statement. Trick plays and gadgets are not viable football tactics for a team with this much talent. Who in their right mind would think this was a "good thing"? (Rhetorical question, nevermind)

yeah, they'd had a much better chance having Pat tuck it and run......

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, they'd had a much better chance having Pat tuck it and run......

Which was there believe it or not. They aren't rushing to block our kicks. Pat can take an extra second and decide if he wants to run or kick. A couple times its there for him right up the middle

I hate Florio and he hates us but this quote is perfect.

@ProFootballTalk: It's hard to watch that fake punt fiasco last night and conclude that the guy who designed and called it is fit to be a coach at any level.

I agree 110% with him.  Even my wife, who has ZERO football IQ asked me when they were lining up wtheck the colts were doing

Whoever drew up that illegal formation or whoever decided to run it on our own side down 6. But seriously the personnel is there, the coaching and discipline is not.

Let's just offer the head coach job to people in the stands. We can give someone new a shot every week.

Chill. Everything we did was aggressive. We just got a little too aggressive.

Going off sides. What's so hard to understand. Griffs job was to not do anything. But instead he snapped the ball.

It was to try to confuse them into a substitution penalty.  You don't try that mess against the best coach in the league.  They prepare for every scenario.

This just proves that Pagano is desperate and the Pats are definitely in their heads.   

It was to try to confuse them into a substitution penalty.  You don't try that mess against the best coach in the league.  They prepare for every scenario.

This just proves that Pagano is desperate and the Pats are definitely in their heads.   

Yes on the first part. Not so much on the second part.

it's a joke, get it?...i.e. that play looked like in high school football where they bring in the team manager in a blowout game, hand him the ball, and then everyone steps aside so he can score and have a "special" moment.

I've been going to highschool football games since I was 12....I rarely miss a home game, I've never ever seen that or even heard of that.

Ok, let me ask you all a question.   If this was Peyton Manning in his 4 year with this same line, same receivers, and Frank Gore running Tom Moores offenise, do you think that would score one in the second half?

For me, I am tried of blaming the oline.  The talent is there.  Coaching/execution is missing.   Pats don't have an overly talented defense this year and Colts went right back to that same predictable offense.

Lol. Peyton and Moore against the Pats? They put up some sinkers

Let's just offer the head coach job to people in the stands. We can give someone new a shot every week.

Chill. Everything we did was aggressive. We just got a little too aggressive.

There is a difference between aggressive and stupid

@ProFootballTalk: It's hard to watch that fake punt fiasco last night and conclude that the guy who designed and called it is fit to be a coach at any level.

Banned for praising Florio

Everybody in this forum can't really be that clueless. Pagono will be out at the end of the year no doubt unless they win the Super Bowl and even then I still think he will be out. Not only was that mega mistake on special teams last night there have been other huge issues like not being able to game plan the first two weeks. Oh and there is the issue of him not signing the one year extension on his contract. There is know reason to fire him until the end of the season, but he will be out.

I agree 110% with him.  Even my wife, who has ZERO football IQ asked me when they were lining up wtheck the colts were doing

I tried to explain to my wife what they were doing, I said something like "Remember that movie the Little Giants? Yeah that was a good movie. Oh that? I have no idea." Then I laughed...because that was ridiculous to a degree that anything other than laughter didn't seem appropriate.

Which was there believe it or not. They aren't rushing to block our kicks. Pat can take an extra second and decide if he wants to run or kick. A couple times its there for him right up the middle

my thoughts since his awesome fake run esp throughout the entire game yesterday. pat is actually a really great athlete, id trust him over any punter/kicker to pull of a fake

Florio is a *.

The guy he's criticizing has gone 11-6,  12-6 and 13-6 in his first 3 years.

And he's so terrible,  we're all of 3-3 this year.

Flora can say what he wants because he doesn't have an editor that he's accountable to,  but if there's someone -- ANYONE -- who thinks Pagano "isn't fit to be a head coach at any level" then he simply doesn't know football.

You can make an argument that Pagano is no longer the right coach for Colts.    There's an argument to be made for that.

But there's no argument -- NONE AT ALL -- that Chuck Pagano isn't fit to be a head coach at some level.