Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fired

Freenyfan102

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, either Pep Hamilton is clueless or Andrew Luck is.  Not sure why they play 30 minutes one way, then come out in the second half and go back to the same old predictable 7 second plays.  And don't telll me it is all about the Patriots covering them.  Pep Hamilton can't figure out how to get one guy open, yet the Patriots can get castoffs from other teams all the time.  No excuse for that much talent to not do more.

And I love Luck but he has a terrible habit of throwing high.  He has since he was a rookie.

Well, either Pep Hamilton is clueless or Andrew Luck is. Not sure why they play 30 minutes one way, then come out in the second half and go back to the same old predictable 7 second plays. And don't telll me it is all about the Patriots covering them. Pep Hamilton can't figure out how to get one guy open, yet the Patriots can get castoffs from other teams all the time. No excuse for that much talent to not do more.

And I love Luck but he has a terrible habit of throwing high. He has since he was a rookie.

Pep. He abandoned running and short passing plays.

It's easy. That play was never designed to snap the ball. Only to confuse the defense. But instead it confused griff Whalen. All you had to do was NOTHING!

So what you're saying is we went through that ridiculous charade for nothing instead of possibly getting Luck to draw them offside, or just simply punting?

That doesn't fix the dumbassery that occurred.

He should not have snapped it by any means. It all came to being smart. Griff was just plain stupid. Cost us the game. 100%

It was a stupid illegal formation to run in the first place, somebody should've immediately taken a timeout if there was any confusion out there at all. 

Well, either Pep Hamilton is clueless or Andrew Luck is.  Not sure why they play 30 minutes one way, then come out in the second half and go back to the same old predictable 7 second plays.  And don't telll me it is all about the Patriots covering them.  Pep Hamilton can't figure out how to get one guy open, yet the Patriots can get castoffs from other teams all the time.  No excuse for that much talent to not do more.

And I love Luck but he has a terrible habit of throwing high.  He has since he was a rookie.

Their is a huge difference between a 6 point game, and a 13 point game when playing the Patriots due to a stupid illegal trick play.  They should've simply punted or if they felt the need to, go for it.  They gave the Patriots a freebie in a very close intense game due to sheer stupidity.  Colts played well enough to win minus a stupid play and holding penalties.

So what you're saying is we went through that ridiculous charade for nothing instead of possibly getting Luck to draw them offside, or just simply punting?

That doesn't fix the dumbassery that occurred.

I think you're confused. The play was designed to draw them off sides. But instead it confused griff Whalen into snapping the ball which he shouldn't have. If it did not draw them, then they punt the ball. What's so hard to understand?

This coaching staff is not mentally equipped to handle elite teams or MOST teams outside of the AFC South as shown by our outside-division record in the last four years. We had ten days to prepare after having three of our most winnable games before this, with Luck having so much time to heal during those weeks as well. We now face a very tough schedule, luckily outside of the primetime lights that this team shrinks under (except for Thursday's when we play the AFC South). No doubt in my mind this was the game on everyone on this team's calendar since 45-7. For the most part the personnel is there (minus obvious things left for improvement like offensive holding) but the coaching, preparation, and execution is unacceptable at this level for so long. I am willing to bet they are spent emotionally like after beating GB FOUR years ago then getting SMACKED by Tim Tebow and Mark Sanchez the next week. The road ahead is very tough and I would not be surprised if there are some people who don't make it out of this rough stretch upcoming.

can we lock any threads that say FIRE in them? Its getting old and boring. This team is perfectly fine. The defense wouldnt be as talented as today if it werent for Grigson. Pagano for the most part did a great job today.

I wouldnt change anything in this team.

Uhh... Our defense did a pretty good job against the patriots. Held Blount under 100. That one play DID cost us the game for sure. They scored because of that.

They could have scored even if we punted. That one play didn't cost them the game. It was one of many other factors

I think you're confused. The play was designed to draw them off sides. But instead it confused griff Whalen into snapping the ball which he shouldn't have. If it did not draw them, then they punt the ball. What's so hard to understand?

Why in the name of Christ would they put GRIFF WHALEN out there to draw them offsides when the ball was OBVIOUSLY not going to be snapped?

Who is more likely to draw them offsides?

Griff freaking Whalen with a lone man around him, or Andrew Luck in an offensive formation?

If there is ANY debate to that answer at all, please feel free to explain as to why.

Fired tomorrow? Probably no one. Three months from now? Probably everyone. Unless they win 9 out of the final 10 and win the Super Bowl, I don't see anyone being back. This is basically the same team it was in 2012 - a little better in some spots, a little worse in others. But if it is true that this team overall is no better than it was in 2012, no one in this front office or on this coaching staff should still be employed by this team three months from now.

This coaching staff is not mentally equipped to handle elite teams or MOST teams outside of the AFC South as shown by our outside-division record in the last four years. We had ten days to prepare after having three of our most winnable games before this, with Luck having so much time to heal during those weeks as well. We now face a very tough schedule, luckily outside of the primetime lights that this team shrinks under (except for Thursday's when we play the AFC South). No doubt in my mind this was the game on everyone on this team's calendar since 45-7. For the most part the personnel is there (minus obvious things left for improvement like offensive holding) but the coaching, preparation, and execution is unacceptable at this level for so long. I am willing to bet they are spent emotionally like after beating GB FOUR years ago then getting SMACKED by Tim Tebow and Mark Sanchez the next week. The road ahead is very tough and I would not be surprised if there are some people who make it out of this rough stretch upcoming.

If we lost to the Patriots by 7. We can tear apart everyone else. Especially with the way we play. Wouldnt change anything on this team except for the negative fans.

can we lock any threads that say FIRE in them? Its getting old and boring. This team is perfectly fine. The defense wouldnt be as talented as today if it werent for Grigson. Pagano for the most part did a great job today.

I wouldnt change anything in this team.

It doesn't matter if you think they did a great job, they haven't been able to do the job they are paid to do. Lots of inexcusable penalties outside of THE FAKE. No excuses anymore. Bye Felicia

Fired tomorrow? Probably no one. Three months from now? Probably everyone. Unless they win 9 out of the final 10 and win the Super Bowl, I don't see anyone being back. This is basically the same team it was in 2012 - a little better in some spots, a little worse in others. But if it is true that this team overall is no better than it was in 2012, no one in this front office or on this coaching staff should still be employed by this team three months from now.

Yea...okay. We get a new coaching staff and its back to day 1. It will be a hit and miss all over again. This organization is well capable of winning the Super Bowl after a great performance today minus the mistakes. You guys must live in an alternate world because organizations arent built overnight.

Hence, look at whats happened to the 49ers and Broncos after major coaching staff changes. It goes back to day 1.

It doesn't matter if you think they did a great job, they haven't been able to do the job they are paid to do. Lots of inexcusable penalties outside of THE FAKE. No excuses anymore. Bye Felicia

First, if you want to sound credible never use that ridiculous line from a 20 year old movie.

Second, firing coaches mid season is rarely if ever successful

Yea...okay. We get a new coaching staff and its back to day 1. It will be a hit and miss all over again. This organization is well capable of winning the Super Bowl after a great performance today minus the mistakes. You guys must live in an alternate world because organizations arent built overnight.

Hence, look at whats happened to the 49ers and Broncos after major coaching staff changes. It goes back to day 1.

Back to day 1? Dolphins didn't look back to day 1 today. Also I'm pretty sure the Broncos are undefeated so again....day 1? We have the personnel, but our coaches are not mentally equipped.

Ok, let me ask you all a question.   If this was Peyton Manning in his 4 year with this same line, same receivers, and Frank Gore running Tom Moores offenise, do you think that would score one in the second half?

For me, I am tried of blaming the oline.  The talent is there.  Coaching/execution is missing.   Pats don't have an overly talented defense this year and Colts went right back to that same predictable offense.

Going off sides. What's so hard to understand. Griffs job was to not do anything. But instead he snapped the ball.

No center -- not even Griff Whalen -- snaps the ball on his own.    Whoever is the QB,  in this case Colt Anderson,  called for the snap.

Clearly there was a miscommunication on the field.    We were trying to draw them offsides.   When it didn't happen,  we needed to take a delay of game penalty and then punt.

Something went badly wrong.....

Back to day 1? Dolphins didn't look back to day 1 today. Also I'm pretty sure the Broncos are undefeated so again....day 1? We have the personnel, but our coaches are not mentally equipped.

Ugh. Lamar Miller finally came to life today after I finally cut the cord on him in fantasy this past week. Gonna be a scramble at the waiver wire and I'm not in good enough position to get him back most likely.

Thanks joe philben, you turd.

Back to day 1? We are at day 1. This team is no better than it was in 2012. In certain ways it's worse.

At least in year 1 we were knocking off Green Bay, in year 2 we were knocking off SF on the road, And both teams that made the SB that year. Year 3 was a regression when we get smacked by PIT, DAL, NE. Even worse this year now that the division has caught up to us.

No center -- not even Griff Whalen -- snaps the ball on his own. Whoever is the QB, in this case Colt Anderson, called for the snap.

Clearly there was a miscommunication on the field. We were trying to draw them offsides. When it didn't happen, we needed to take a delay of game penalty and then punt.

Something went badly wrong.....

Colt didn't call for the snap. So either the defense did, or griff had the ultimate brain fart

At least in year 1 we were knocking off Green Bay, in year 2 we were knocking off SF on the road, And both teams that made the SB that year. Year 3 was a regression when we get smacked by PIT, DAL, NE. Even worse this year now that the division has caught up to us.

Who has caught up to us in the division?

Ugh. Lamar Miller finally came to life today after I finally cut the cord on him in fantasy this past week. Gonna be a scramble at the waiver wire and I'm not in good enough position to get him back most likely.

Thanks joe philben, you turd.

I sat him for Chris Johnson. Couldn't cut the cord yet since the coaching change I knew he'd get more than 10 touches. This helps me now that I lost Jamaal. It's tougher to drop a guy you spend a high pick on vs someone of the same points but you picked way late. Probably why I still have Cooks on my bench....

Nobody should be fired.

Seriously, 3 special teams plays go our way and we win that game.

If they had awarded us that onside kick that we obviously recovered early in the game, if we hadn't snapped the ball on that ridiculous play, if we had recovered that last onside kick. 

That's probably a 14 point swing that went in the pats favor.

Who has caught up to us in the division?

The Jags who missed two (technically 3) FGs that allowed us to win. A Tennessed D that fell apart for four minutes but Mariota did what he wanted all day, and a terrible penalty on Hopkins all helped push them back at the end of the game...

The Jags who missed two (technically 3) FGs that allowed us to win. A Tennessed D that fell apart for four minutes but Mariota did what he wanted all day, and a terrible penalty on Hopkins all helped push them back at the end of the game...

So they all lost to us and are behind us in the standings? So they haven't caught up to us