In a strange, warped way..one of our greatest wins

oldunclemark

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares if we won!!!!??? (I do)

1-0 in the division....and I think we solved some problems at the end

Some have decided that it would be better to shut this season down, tank and get a good draft pick, rather than clean up the issues and try to reach the real goals for this team.

These people would rather be 'right' than see their team win. 

Some have decided that it would be better to shut this season down, tank and get a good draft pick, rather than clean up the issues and try to reach the real goals for this team.

I don't want to be right but this win almost garuntees Hamilton's job and the ever growing worry that Grigson is a control freak GM that's going to pigeon hold this team for years. Sometimes losing for the greater good actually has some sense.

I wish this team had better fans.

There are some astoundingly stupid and ignorant posts in this thread.    And you know who you are.

Some of you wouldn't know what you're watching if Bill Bellichick was sitting next to you on your couch and explaining it as it was happening!

But hey!    You're entitled to your opinion,  no matter how ignorant it is............   

Dear, dear God!               :facepalm:

I don't want to be right but this win almost garuntees Hamilton's job and the ever growing worry that Grigson is a control freak GM that's going to pigeon hold this team for years. Sometimes losing for the greater good actually has some sense.

that's exactly what I feel too. just like losing to secure Andrew I love the colts but of course I wanted to secure the #1 pick and get another great QB for us. losing this year and ditching our psycho GM and getting a more championship caliber coaching staff and a more well rounded roster is more important then making the playoffs only to get an early exit

Or how about this?

The team realizes that they suck at running screen passes and starts running Y Banana instead. The changes on the offensive line produce better protection and the offense starts running the ball effectively. Luck snaps out of his early season funk and starts playing like we know he's capable of. The penalties get cleaned up.

The defense gets their DBs back, and the coverage improves. The pass rush is able to consistently get push up the middle. 

And maybe in a month, this team is playing high level football.

That people have already started tanking campaigns in Week 3 is pretty disappointing. I agree that a bad season every once in a while can be good for a franchise. But it's Week 3, our best player just started playing like he's our best player again, and there's a lot of football left. 

No doubt about it. An ugly win still feels better than a loss. I couldn't watch the game, but hopefully we can do a lot more of whatever allowed us to pull ahead in the 4th quarter. Just going off the stats, this team could have had their heads buried in the sand after the 2nd INT. Kudos to them for leaving with a W, for sure.

I wish this team had better fans.

There are some astoundingly stupid and ignorant posts in this thread. And you know who you are.

Some of you wouldn't know what you're watching if Bill Bellichick was sitting next to you on your couch and explaining it as it was happening!

But hey! You're entitled to your opinion, no matter how ignorant it is............

Dear, dear God! :facepalm:

Couldn't have said it better myself

Or how about this?

The team realizes that they suck at running screen passes and starts running Y Banana instead. The changes on the offensive line produce better protection and the offense starts running the ball effectively. Luck snaps out of his early season funk and starts playing like we know he's capable of. The penalties get cleaned up.

The defense gets their DBs back, and the coverage improves. The pass rush is able to consistently get push up the middle.

And maybe in a month, this team is playing high level football.

That people have already started tanking campaigns in Week 3 is pretty disappointing. I agree that a bad season every once in a while can be good for a franchise. But it's Week 3, our best player just started playing like he's our best player again, and there's a lot of football left.

getting the corners back will be huge. Teams are killing them in this zone defense. Getting the corners back will let them go back to man and mix in some blitzes which should help.

If I'm honest I've got mixed emotions right now. 

I mean I've been in GDay before when we've been down by more and in worse situations but hey I always believed in this team and fought the good fight against the doom and gloomers. They always seemed to be able to dig deep, but even with the turn around today it just didn't feel the same, I can't explain it past that. Just a gut feel, but a bad one. 

The important thing is the W, if we can go on and build from this then maybe it's not all over, but there's is obviously some severe issues behind the scenes and they need addressing. 

Will I call for them to lose every game from here on out to get the best pick? No. Will I call for them to lose so people lose their jobs? No. I support this team and trust me I've been in far worse places following a team, I'm just not feeling all candy drops and unicorns right now. 

getting the corners back will be huge. Teams are killing them in this zone defense. Getting the corners back will let them go back to man and mix in some blitzes which should help.

The D has been the shining light the last few weeks considering the injuries to the DBs and complete lack of a pass rusher. Now... if the D-line can get just a wee bit more penetration on passing downs and Mathis finds 50% of himself we might be cooking up front to have a serviceable D. 

Davis worries me more right now, looked bad in 2 games now. DGB beat him up.