Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Some roster moves

RockThatBlue

I posted this on StampedeBlue - Grigson is great at churning the bottom of the roster.  Maybe we need someone else to churn the top 40 guys.

This.

No more diamonds in the rough, no more stone turners, no more practice players, waiver pick ups, "horseshoe guys", CFL standouts. No more BPA. I know we can't predict injuries but it is a lot easier when you have depth at the positions of need instead of adding to luxury positions considering the lines are more important than the skills positions. A good line will more than make up for an average skills position but not as much the other way around.

If you're Irsay how do you fire for make the seat hot on a coach and GM that got us back to back to back 11-5 seasons with last year getting us to the AFCCG? I don't think either are good, both are an 8-8 quality coach/GM but we have to fall before we can rebuild..

If you're Irsay how do you fire for make the seat hot on a coach and GM that got us back to back to back 11-5 seasons with last year getting us to the AFCCG? I don't think either are good, both are an 8-8 quality coach/GM but we have to fall before we can rebuild..

Lovie Smith would disagree.  Though personally I don't think it's time for Pagano to go.  I think Pep needs to go first, and then go from there.

This.

No more diamonds in the rough, no more stone turners, no more practice players, waiver pick ups, "horseshoe guys", CFL standouts. No more BPA. I know we can't predict injuries but it is a lot easier when you have depth at the positions of need instead of adding to luxury positions considering the lines are more important than the skills positions. A good line will more than make up for an average skills position but not as much the other way around.

Luxury? Dorsett was Hilton's knee and Johnson's drop away from being starter.

Luxury? Dorsett was Hilton's knee and Johnson's drop away from being starter.

At the time we had come off of a 45-7 killing with a healthy TY, an Andre Johnson who we thought had a little left in the tank, a promising sophomore Moncrief, two pass catching tight ends, and a more established RB in Gore. We did not address the O line or D line enough in the offseason prior to that pick, and signed a bunch of scrubs to play LB and CB. We ended up grabbing Parry and Anderson but would have been nice to have Landon Collins on the field yesterday.

At the time we had come off of a 45-7 killing with a healthy TY, an Andre Johnson who we thought had a little left in the tank, a promising sophomore Moncrief, two pass catching tight ends, and a more established RB in Gore. We did not address the O line or D line enough in the offseason prior to that pick, and signed a bunch of scrubs to play LB and CB. We ended up grabbing Parry and Anderson but would have been nice to have Landon Collins on the field yesterday.

Would have been nice to have Davis, Toler and Butler on the field, I guess. And I don't think it was possible to address OL or DL in draft prior to 1st round pick.

Would have been nice to have Davis, Toler and Butler on the field, I guess. And I don't think it was possible to address OL or DL in draft prior to 1st round pick.

I meant in the entire offseason/free agency period. So when the draft comes around and you use our highest pick on a position of strength vs the glaring weaknesses that's where most people have a problem. Kid is gonna be very good but will never be a good pick for where we were at the time.

I meant in the entire offseason/free agency period. So when the draft comes around and you use our highest pick on a position of strength vs the glaring weaknesses that's where most people have a problem. Kid is gonna be very good but will never be a good pick for where we were at the time.

Well, Thomas' situation, AC&TY contract talks, Holmes&Thornton health and development forced Grigson into "wait-and-see" approach, I guess.

Why is that? Collins hasn't been playing better than Clayton Geathers, Mike Adams, or Dwight Lowery.  At least Dorsett is progressing in the offense and has a couple of catches that helped the team from  each game.  He'll get better and better each game as we find a comfort zone with how he is best used. 

Why is that? Collins hasn't been playing better than Clayton Geathers, Mike Adams, or Dwight Lowery. At least Dorsett is progressing in the offense and has a couple of catches that helped the team from each game. He'll get better and better each game as we find a comfort zone with how he is best used.

He's two games in and wanted to be challenged by Matt Ryan. I'd take his ceiling over the others.

He's two games in and wanted to be challenged by Matt Ryan. I'd take his ceiling over the others.

What does that have to do with his play?  Dorsett wanted to be challenged by Revis .

Don't know what Geathers mindset has been but I know he's playing better than Collins.

I understand if you just like the player though.

Why is that? Collins hasn't been playing better than Clayton Geathers, Mike Adams, or Dwight Lowery.  At least Dorsett is progressing in the offense and has a couple of catches that helped the team from  each game.  He'll get better and better each game as we find a comfort zone with how he is best used. 

La'el Collins is an Olineman for Dallas

Landon Collins is a safety  for the Giants

You got the wrong one.....