Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jordy Nelson May Have Torn Acl

TKnight24

The initial diagnosis on #Packers WR Jordy Nelson is a torn ACL, source said. Horrible news. Awaiting MRI results to confirm.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)

August 23, 2015

The initial diagnosis on #Packers WR Jordy Nelson is a torn ACL, source said. Horrible news. Awaiting MRI results to confirm.

Reggie to Green Bay?

That is terrible news.

Ahhh my boy Jordy, hate to hear it. Green Bay's receiving corps is still stacked though, and they have Lacey to ease any potential passing problems. Plus they still have Aaron Rodgers of course so they will be playoff bound anyway.

Quite literally drafted him in the our little colony of UK NFL fan's fantasy league today... big loss for GB, big loss for me. Dammit. 

How many teams are in your FFL league?

Not to sound like a vulture...but if your league is only 8 or 10 teams, maybe grab Davante Adams if he hasn't been gobbled up? He'll be getting his targets now.

..and I would like it a lot more.I just don't see the need for 4 exhibitions. I know. You can get hurt in week one.Anybody can get hurt in practice. But I have never understood so many exhibition games in a sport like football

Neither have I, OUM! Too many negatives (injuries) in 4 preseason games than positives (evaluating talent).

Move everything back 2 weeks. OTAs, TC, and preseason. And in addition, cut the 4 preseason games to 2, while adding 2 more to the regular season. That way, it's not any longer of a season than it is now. You're just making the last 2 preseason games now count as regular season play.

Of course this makes too much sense to me. Dunno. How 'bout you, does this work in your opinion?

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)

August 23, 2015

Reggie to Green Bay?

I swear I thought the thread read "Judd Nelson tears ACL"

I thought a one year deal for Reggie and the Packers would have been a better move for Reggie than with NE. 

I swear I thought the thread read "Judd Nelson tears ACL"

I thought a one year deal for Reggie and the Packers would have been a better move for Reggie than with NE.

Reggie stated he wanted them to call but they never did. They were waiting on the MRI results of Nelson. Waited to long for Reggie's taste I suppose

Pretty sure they won a superbowl

Yes the Packers have won a SB, but at the same time have had more than their share of struggles in the playoffs too.   4 one and dones, with only two victories outside of the SB year, one being against Minn and the other last year against Dallas aided by a close call on Bryant's catch.  So not exactly on par with their regular season performance.

Truly feel bad about your injury, man. You're a must have for Green Bay. Vegas sees it this way as well. From the best odds @ 9-2 last week, to @ 6-1 right now after Nelson's injury to represent the NFC in Super Bowl 50. Seattle is now @ 9-2 for NFC to Super Bowl 50.

Hope the Packers can overcome this setback. Do not want to see the Seahawks for a 3rd straight year in the SB. Oh well, anything can happen. There are a couple who could beat GB & Seattle.

I'm still confident, though. Have Indianapolis v. Green Bay in Super Bowl 50. (pump it up a notch, Eddie Lacy!) :)

Truly feel bad about your injury, man. You're a must have for Green Bay. Vegas sees it this way as well. From the best odds @ 9-2 last week, to @ 6-1 right now after Nelson's injury to represent the NFC in Super Bowl 50. Seattle is now @ 9-2 for NFC to Super Bowl 50.

Hope the Packers can overcome this setback. Do not want to see the Seahawks for a 3rd straight year in the SB. Oh well, anything can happen. There are a couple who could beat GB & Seattle.

I'm still confident, though. Have Indianapolis v. Green Bay in Super Bowl 50. (pump it up a notch, Eddie Lacy!) :)

Looks like it will be Seahawks from the NFC in the SB. Not sure who else, other than the Cowboys (who can control tempo vs the Seahawks), that can be a threat from the NFC. Then, you always have the pesky Giants who make their once in 4 year run (2007, 2011...). Maybe Chip Kelly's Eagles will make folks eat their words, they are a dark horse to me from the NFC.