Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Future of Caldwell and the Polians [Mega-merge]

1959Colts

Right but most of those come a day or two after the presser, not moments after the presser is over like is being reports. Like I said I could very well see them making the call to let him go in a day or two.

Ur right as always

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You posted this as if the quote came from Kravitz. Actually he said nothing of the kind. The quote came from the first link - whatever that may be (not too many influencial sports sources have a whopping 68 followers - where did you even find this guy?)

Following everything that says #colts

and all I said was let it be true. It's not my job to find out how credible it is when all i'm saying is I hope it's true. Also I am just copying and pasting.

Tressel should have been forthcoming to the NCAA.

He should have notified them of his knowledge of the infraction.

He did not.

The guy is a proven winner, and should be considered.

My first choice is Cowher...... I dont think that will happen.

Almost everyone else someone wants is a retread......

Fisher? Great guy...... But other than a 3 year period, he produced poor to mediocre teams.

We need a consistent winner

I would give Tressel the chance to see what he could do.

Ur right as always

Good lord get off that I never said I am always right in fact I just said again I am NOT saying it's not true because I don't know. If you just want to make it personal stop wasting my time please, no one here wants to see you and me whine at each other. I pointed out that it wouldn't be the norm, it has nothing to do with me being right or not.

I can see that, I don't think the orginal poster ment to do that. After reading your post I see the guy tweeting started his tweet by sending it to Kravitz. I don't think the orginal poster was trying to mislead people.

Missing the subtleties I guess - I hate Twitter with a passion.

Good lord get off that I never said I am always right in fact I just said again I am NOT saying it's not true because I don't know. If you just want to make it personal stop wasting my time please, no one here wants to see you and me whine at each other. I pointed out that it wouldn't be the norm, it has nothing to do with me being right or not.

Ur always right what r u talking about. End of discussion. U were suppose to be blocked anyways not sure how ur post slipped through. Very sneaky

Classic Caldwelll, with we don't need culture change here and have to play better- The Madness has to stop. Are they all drinking Jim Jones Kool Aid? The Bucs owner did not need more time- he cleaned the whole house out

Um, God forbid we become as successful as the Bucs have been over the years.

Our situation is MUCH better than theirs.

Bucs did it too.

I haven't ever seen so many users reading a topic same time.

Watching the NFL network and they said that he had a team meeting, fired him, pushed back what was to be his presser and came back and made the offical annoucment that he was fired and they will hold a presser at 3:30 to talk about it. That's how teams normally do things on Black Monday. Can things be done another way? Without question. It would just be a bit odd.

Ur always right what r u talking about. End of discussion. U were suppose to be blocked anyways not sure how ur post slipped through. Very sneaky

Yeah because I have something to do with that...go talk to a mod about that, that's not my fault.

I am not always right I've been wrong many times. I am still just as entitled to have a different opinion than yours just as you are alloud to have a different one from mine. Like I've said now four times now I am not saying the report that Caldwell has been fired after his presser is false. I just said it's not the norm for how things are done on a Black Monday.

I would give Tressel the chance to see what he could do.

If they were going to do this, it should have been done at mid season when it was already clear that the season was a lost cause. Usually, it doesn't make a lot of sense to fire a coach at mid season because his replacement most likely will not be available until after the season is over anyway. Tressel was already on staff, though, so if the plan was to eventually move him up to head coach it would have made sense to do it during this season. That way he could start installing his system and working with the existing players this season to be better prepared for next season. I am not a big Caldwell supporter, but if they fire Caldwell and replace him with Tressel at this point, I'm going to be pretty upset. Not because I don't think that they should replace Caldwell with Tressel but because if that is what they were going to do, it would have been better to do it a couple months ago.

I said something similar before the season started about the QB position. People were talking about bringing in a veteran QB in case Manning could not go at the beginning of the season (before it was confirmed that Manning would not be able to play). I said that if there was any chance that Manning would not be ready to start the season, his replacement had better be on the roster right now preparing for the beginning of the season. Not in two weeks when he won't have time to prepare. Then a week or two later they signed Kerry Collins and my forehead went directly into the palm of my hand.

Thinking with your 'set' doesn't always lead to the best solution.

They DID have a better season this year, but that's THIS YEAR, as horrible as it was, was just ONE YEAR.

It could be that Jim hasn't made his decision yet.

It could be that Jim put all parties in their place, but everyone's staying.

I don't know, and wouldn't be shocked, nor overly emotional, regardless of what happens.

I just don't want Mr. Irsay's decision to be made on peer (fan/media) pressure.

I know better then Bucs, just saying the owner has a set to make a bold decision- Thye did have a better record this year.

They also have a fine young QB, and started the season well, then plunged into the second longest loosing streak in what has been an incredibly inept history filled with many losing streaks.

This is the same team that fired Tony Dungy (who then went on to win a Super Bowl) and Jon Gruden (despite having won a Super Bowl). The same owners who bought the worlds most famous soccer club, and are now detested by the entire fanbase (if not the entire country). It could be that they had seen enough of the coach to be confident that he wasn't the right person to work with such a young club. Or it could be that they are incompetant. Regardless, there is little about them or their situation that either applies to the Colts, or should be admired.

U right, should be made from a Football point of view, and we can be objective with how great Caldwell Coaching was this season, and before. He brings ZIP to the organization- Only hear to be mouth piece for Polian and to stay for that remaining contract year (2012).

When is Caldwell's contract up? If next year would be the final year of his contract then he needs to go anyway. We already have a lame coach. We don't need a lame duck coach.

PAT MAC, just tweeted that Caldwell and C. Polian just spoke at team meeting and Pat said the next couple of days will be interesting.

Thinking with your 'set' doesn't always lead to the best solution.

Furthermore, I don't understand the mentality of some that doing what the fans want you to do means that you have a 'set.' In my mind, making the moves (or lack of moves) that you think are best for the team in the long run, even if they are in direct contradiction of what the majority of fans want, takes more guts than caving and cleaning house just because it is what the fans want you to do.

According to Jason La Canfora and Michael Lombardi, Colts will delay the decision, depending on Peyton's status.

Read here:

http://blogs.nfl.com...es-colts-pause/

I still hope they won't delay the decision. We should start to prepare for next season with clear heads and a good plan.

What in blazes does a terrible coach have to do with your QB? Get a non-inept coach regardless whether we have Manning, Luck, Orlovsky, Painter *shiver*, WHOEVER under center.

Come on, Irsay. Right the ship. -_- Not showing the Polians the door is bad enough but if you are seriously considering keeping Caldwell I fear for the long term future of this franchise.

According to Jason La Canfora and Michael Lombardi, Colts will delay the decision, depending on Peyton's status.

Read here:

http://blogs.nfl.com...es-colts-pause/

I still hope they won't delay the decision. We should start to prepare for next season with clear heads and a good plan.

What in blazes does a terrible coach have to do with your QB? Get a non-inept coach regardless!

Come on, Irsay. Right the ship. -_- Not showing the Polians the door is bad enough but if you are seriously considering keeping Caldwell I fear for the long term future of this franchise.

That sounds like Peyton might want to keep Caldwell. Why else should Irsay care to wait on clarification of Peyton's status? Peyton being the good guy that he is probably has a guilt complex about any head coach (particularly one who he likes as a person) getting canned after a season in which he wasn't available to play.

I want Peyton back healthy and all but sucks if that means another year of Caldwell as well.

What in blazes does a terrible coach have to do with your QB? Get a non-inept coach regardless whether we have Manning, Luck, Orlovsky, Painter *shiver*, WHOEVER under center.

Ask Mr. La Canfora and Mr. Lombardi.

They think Colts can win with Caldwell and Manning but cannot with Caldwell and Luck.

So have to wait another 3 months now- What garbage-By then, Fischer and others will be with other teams.

Where did the three months come from? I heard the NFL network report live on TV and they said Irsay might wait a day or two. I don't think they are going to wait three months to do this. That's just crazy.