Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1959Colts

The Future of Caldwell and the Polians [Mega-merge]

This just sucks, such a letdown if its true noone is fired...... it was such a great oppportunity to bring in new faces, start fresh, and generate some excitement......Mr. Irsay, 2005 is NOT walking through that door!

:tvhammer:

La la la la Caldwell will be fired dont worry la la la

Jim enough with your stupid tweets-U had no intention of firing Caldwell even if went 0 and 16- I give credit to Rams and Bucs owners who realize need to make changes

“@bkravitz: At this point, everything is in play: Everybody back, or Polians-only back, or Caldwell-only back, or everybody gone. Stay tuned.”

Irsay still in the process of evaluating everybody.

Well, that means nobody's going anywhere. He's had all season to do all of the evaluating needed to be done. 0-13 was enough time to evaluate. I guess Irsay thinks we're all sewer rats too. Promoting Caldwell was a huge mistake and firing him would make them look just as stupid as when they hired him.

I would have phoned Fischer weeks ago and have him at the press conference

Can you phone him now?

Im going to be absolutely disgusted if (at least) Caldwell is not fired. The thoughts of moving forward with that baffoon coaching the Colts is sickening.

What is there to decide? SOS or New Direction? Actually, I think a real buffon (Cesar from Rise of Planet of the Apes) can coach better

Have his number so I can give to Jim in case he is unable to contact NFL headquarters in-between his earth shattering tweets

Please let this be true

@TwittaSportsMan Cave Sports

@bkravitz Rumor has it Jim Caldwell has been fired. He's speaking with players and packing his things. #Colts

Not saying it's not true but it seems odd they would let Cladwell talk to the media and THEN fire him. If they were going to fire him today it seems like they would push back the presser then fire him just like the other two teams that have fired coaches today have done.

I think Kravitz's second tweet about maybe waiting for a day or two is more likely what is going on. He's right this is a big call, especially if the rumors about him thinking about letting the Polian's go is true. This is a major move that is going to signal which way they are leaning in trying to take the franchise for the future, rather they are going to reload around Manning or rebuild around Luck.

Caldwell has done nothing to earn his job and has done less to deserve to keep it at this point, there are better available guys for the job who would take it. Fire Jim!

Not saying it's not true but it seems odd they would let Cladwell talk to the media and THEN fire him. If they were going to fire him today it seems like they would push back the presser then fire him just like the other two teams that have fired coaches today have done.

I think Kravitz's second tweet about maybe waiting for a day or two is more likely what is going on. He's right this is a big call, especially if the rumors about him thinking about letting the Polian's go is true. This is a major move that is going to signal which way they are leaning in trying to take the franchise for the future, rather they are going to reload around Manning or rebuild around Luck.

If I was Irsay I woulda let him have the conference and said to myself.. .and if he said "we just need to play a little better" one more time he was gone lol

Wouldn't be the first time a coach has been fired after his presser on Monday

Wouldn't be the first time a coach has been fired after his presser on Monday

Right but most of those come a day or two after the presser, not moments after the presser is over like is being reports. Like I said I could very well see them making the call to let him go in a day or two.

The funny part is I'm following the #colts feed in twitter and there is absoultely NO ONE calling for him to stay lol

Please let this be true

@TwittaSportsMan Cave Sports

@bkravitz Rumor has it Jim Caldwell has been fired. He's speaking with players and packing his things. #Colts

You posted this as if the quote came from Kravitz. Actually he said nothing of the kind. The quote came from the first link - whatever that may be (not too many influencial sports sources have a whopping 68 followers - where did you even find this guy?)

Yeah, Jim, be a man and do what I tell you to do!

:lol:

Right but most of those come a day or two after the presser, not moments after the presser is over like is being reports. Like I said I could very well see them making the call to let him go in a day or two.

Miami fired Tony Sporano an hour after his presser this season.

You posted this as if the quote came from Kravitz. Actually he said nothing of the kind. The quote came from the first link - whatever that may be (not too many influencial sports sources have a whopping 68 followers - where did you even find this guy?)

I can see that, I don't think the orginal poster ment to do that. After reading your post I see the guy tweeting started his tweet by sending it to Kravitz. I don't think the orginal poster was trying to mislead people.

Miami fired Tony Sporano an hour after his presser this season.

Middle of the season and didn't follow a meeting the night before where they talked about the future of the team like has been reported. Also note in my first response I said I am NOT saying it isn't true because I don't know.