Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

8/14/15 TC Thread (Pre-season Opener @Philly)

TKnight24

Now if D'Juan Smith gets torn up by Timmy Tebow.....I will start worrying.....Not as concerned that Luck and our solid corps of receiver beat him.

I remember when Mathis made Fleener look like a little boy his first preseason one on one......he blasted him with the bull rush and ran him over :)

Rookies take their lumps....the speed of the NFL is simply incredible.   :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :colts:  :colts: !!!!!

I just said the exact same thing to a friend here.  He'll probably be facing 2nd teamers.

From what I've seen in his college highlights and read about him, I think he'll be just fine in the long run.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Duron Carter just made a one-handed catch look easy. Pass thrown in front of him but grabbed it with one hand and pulled it in. #ColtsCamp

— Josh Wilson (@JoshWilsonSB)

August 14, 2015

Duron Carter just made a one-handed catch look easy. Pass thrown in front of him but grabbed it with one hand and pulled it in. #ColtsCamp

TY, Moncrief, and Carter are going to be fun to watch. Lots of young talent

Colts tight end Dwayne Allen can't afford another injury-filled season http://t.co/Rsdwk2YeAR

— Mike Wells (@MikeWellsNFL)

August 14, 2015

Thanks for the Dwayne Allen updates. You're a man of your word TK & I always knew you were buddy. 

I'm ticked off over whatever editor wrote this darn headline though: "Colts tight end Dwayne Allen can't afford another injury-filled season" Grrr! Really? That's what you run with out of the gate? Not his hands, his separation ability, not his blocking ability? Come on man. 

I don't blame Mike Wells because reporters don't usually write their own headlines to stories editors typically do. I love Allen's attitude though: 

"No pressure at all," Allen said. "I believe the film speaks for itself and there are those who know football and know the caliber of tight end that I am and know what I can offer an offense. There's no pressure for me to go out and hit any set numbers. My number one focus is to stay healthy so I can help the team. Special teams, three downs on offense. Whatever it takes."

As Revis Island said recently, Pressure is something you either feel or apply & I always apply it." Amen man. Follow suit & apply it like both Colts Legacy & I know you are fully capable of Dwayne. It's time. 

The play of camp comes on the final day. 350-pound Montori Hughes tips a screen pass, hauls in his own deflection and returns it for a TD.

— Kevin Bowen (@KBowenColts)

August 14, 2015

The play of camp comes on the final day. 350-pound Montori Hughes tips a screen pass, hauls in his own deflection and returns it for a TD.

Big boy Montori Hughes just ran back a pick 6 in practice off QB Bryan Bennett. Huge cheers from the crowd. Most exciting thing they've seen

— Stephen Holder (@HolderStephen)

August 14, 2015

Big boy Montori Hughes just ran back a pick 6 in practice off QB Bryan Bennett. Huge cheers from the crowd. Most exciting thing they've seen

August 14, 2015

Gotta love a guy that big with so much hustle who gets the ball & he knows just what to do with it. Nice! He deserves major props for effort & concentration like that. Bravo! 

August 14, 2015

He can run that far?

August 14, 2015

Sounding like Vince Wilfork.

A lot of work for Bryan Bennett today as Colts prepare for Sunday's preseason opener. #ColtsCamp

August 14, 2015

A lot of work for Bryan Bennett today as Colts prepare for Sunday's preseason opener. #ColtsCamp

He'll need the work.  I know he's a decent runner, he'll need to be athletic when he gets behind the Oline reserves at that point in the game.

He may end up on the PS.

And Adam Vinatieri hits a 48-yard field goal to bring training camp to a close. #ColtsCamp

August 14, 2015

And Adam Vinatieri hits a 48-yard field goal to bring training camp to a close. #ColtsCamp

Kind of unusual to go into the preseason games without an extra kicker on the team.  I wonder if this is the year they start letting PattyMac take some shots?

I just want to extend another thank you to TK for keeping us "out-of-towners" & "non-twitter-having" Colts fans updated here on the forum throughout camp. Great job, and thorough...

100% appreciated, can't wait for Sunday!!!

I second that notion. Great job and thanks!

"Griff Whalen saves his best for last. Griff Whalen has had a strong training camp, but he saved his best catch for the last day.  Today's play of the day was clearly Whalen's touchdown catch, as he ran along the back of the end zone and hauled in a pass one handed while still managing to stay in bounds.  It received a lot of cheers from his teammates, as many were shocked at the catch.  Offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton just kept saying, "wow!" and as Whalen ran back over to his teammates after the catch, he had a number of players, along with Hamilton and head coach Chuck Pagano, come over to express their amazement at the catch.  It was one of the best catches we saw in training camp and certainly the best play from Griff Whalen during a very nice camp for the wideout."

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2015/8/14/9157565/colts-camp-notebook-day-eleven

Bray does well yesterday and now Whalen today haha

"Griff Whalen saves his best for last. Griff Whalen has had a strong training camp, but he saved his best catch for the last day. Today's play of the day was clearly Whalen's touchdown catch, as he ran along the back of the end zone and hauled in a pass one handed while still managing to stay in bounds. It received a lot of cheers from his teammates, as many were shocked at the catch. Offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton just kept saying, "wow!" and as Whalen ran back over to his teammates after the catch, he had a number of players, along with Hamilton and head coach Chuck Pagano, come over to express their amazement at the catch. It was one of the best catches we saw in training camp and certainly the best play from Griff Whalen during a very nice camp for the wideout."

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2015/8/14/9157565/colts-camp-notebook-day-eleven

Bray does well yesterday and now Whalen today haha

Great camp competition. Let's hope it carries over to the pre-season for both of them.